Who is the Backup Infielder Until Middlebrooks Comes Back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Who is the Backup Infielder Until Middlebrooks Comes Back?

Someone help me out on this one. Who plays 2B, SS or 3B until Middlebrooks comes back?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Who is the Backup Infielder Until Middlebrooks Comes Back?

In response to ADG's comment:

Someone help me out on this one. Who plays 2B, SS or 3B until Middlebrooks comes back?

Ciriaco.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Ciriaco.

Four B's - I guess you don't get it. Ciriaco has to start now that Middlebrooks is out. They don't have one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

Ciriaco.

Four B's - I guess you don't get it. Ciriaco has to start now that Middlebrooks is out. They don't have one.

It doesn't sound like Middlebrooks will be out long enough to call someone up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As Hillary Clinton would say ........   "WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE"  !!!!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Middlebrooks is reportedly day to day with no cracked ribs.  So I think he is the backup. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I would imagine since hes not on the DL and HAD to go in, he could. If something happens to Ciriaco or another player they can cover for the rest of that game and call someone up the next day. Im just guessing though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

southpaw, that's what I think.  Middlebrooks is "available" tonight.  If Ciriaco is hurt, he plays 3B.  If Drew or Pedroia, Ciriaco goes there and Middlebrooks plays 3B.  Pawtucket, Portland, and Lowell are all too close for the Sox not to be able to bring up somebody on very short notice if they want to. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Drew Sutton plays third, second and short. I imagine he would come up and Pedro would start if Middlebrooks needed to go on the DL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Farrell announced today that Middlebrooks is day to day and has no cracked ribs.  I do not think the Sox will make a roster change unless they simply want to send Middlebrooks back to AAA. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Farrell announced today that Middlebrooks is day to day and has no cracked ribs.  I do not think the Sox will make a roster change unless they simply want to send Middlebrooks back to AAA. 

Which isn't going to happen. there is no other 3b in the system that is ready.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Drew Sutton plays third, second and short. I imagine he would come up and Pedro would start if Middlebrooks needed to go on the DL.

Except that Sutton is on the DL...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to notin's comment:

In response to 37stories' comment:

Except that Sutton is on the DL...

I said if Middlebrooks needed to go on the Dl....in the future. I already knew he wasn't going on the Dl right now. That info was already on this thread.