Who Is the Best Player From the Red Sox' 2006 Draft Class?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Re: Who Is the Best Player From the Red Sox' 2006 Draft Class?

Gotta say Bard right now...if Masterson keeps on pitching the way he has so far this year, that could change, but overall his record in MLB has been mixed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Masterson. I vaguely remember the 2005 draft being even better though:

Buchholz
    Ellsbury
    Lowrie
    Bowden
    Wagner
    Exposito

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I got to agree Flapjack.Bard is the best.So far.
    Masterson is doing well now and if he continues to pitch llike he has been,it would make him the better prospect from 2006.I also wouldn't count out Kalish yet either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

At the moment, Bard, Masterson's been too on and off with his numbers. If he keeps pitching like this though he'll undoubtly be the prize though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

Right now Bard, but if Masterson puts it together (his lefties splits are whack, so gotta wait and see) then it would have to be him because a starter will always be more valuable than a reliever.

However, when it’s all said and done I think it will be Kalish. He has the potential to become a very good all around player, and those are very valuable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

One guy who could very well enter the conversation is Josh Reddick who looks like he may have finally figured it out at AAA with a line of .248/.351/.541 with 12 HR's in 157 AB's.

Note: I didn't notice Reddick being mentioned in the OP when I wrote this, but this helps provide up to date info, since Masterson's inclusion on this list is based almost solely off of his 2011 stats.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Materson....Bard is good but he pitches one inning at a time - you cant compare that to a starter...and Justin's mixed record is with the Indians...not exactly the Red Sox lineup supoorting him every start

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Who Is the Best Player From the Red Sox' 2006 Draft Class?:
    [QUOTE]Materson....Bard is good but he pitches one inning at a time - you cant compare that to a starter...and Justin's mixed record is with the Indians...not exactly the Red Sox lineup supoorting him every start
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Would you rather have a top tier set up man, or an average starter?  A case could certainly be made for either one.

Masterson is going to come crashing to Earth in a big way though.  There's no chance he maintains his 2.2% HR/FB rate.  He's certainly pitching well, but not worthy of his 2.52 ERA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StatsFromLouie. Show StatsFromLouie's posts

Jason Place.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

If we still had Masterson our bull pen issues would be solved and our short term starting problems would be too......What can you do, Vic helped us make the playoffs in 2009..........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from djcbuffum. Show djcbuffum's posts

Bard's years of dominance will be limited by his one pitch, an overpowering fastball which will fade with time; he'll be just another reliever by the time he's 32. Masterson, a sinkerballer, and with four good pitches, should have a 15-20 year career.  Some great years, some adequate years, and one or two downright bad ones.  I give the edge to Masterson.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Who Is the Best Player From the Red Sox' 2006 Draft Class?:
    [QUOTE]Bard's years of dominance will be limited by his one pitch, an overpowering fastball which will fade with time; he'll be just another reliever by the time he's 32. Masterson, a sinkerballer, and with four good pitches, should have a 15-20 year career.  Some great years, some adequate years, and one or two downright bad ones.  I give the edge to Masterson.
    Posted by djcbuffum[/QUOTE]

Right, because he doesn't have a nasty slider.........  Or a change for that matter, I mean it's not like he came through the system as a starter or anything.

What exactly makes you so sure that Masterson will pitch into his later 30's/early 40's?