Who is the Face of the Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Who is the Face of the Yankees?

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Yankees will be better next year (ever so slightly) but they've done nothing (and you can argue even hurt) their long term situation. 

[/QUOTE]

No ARod

An Older Jeter

No Cano

Tex should be back

McCann helps a ton

Granderson gone

Ichiro a year older

Wells pretty much toast

Soriano won't repeat last year's feat

No Overbay and Haefner

CC coming off a terrible season - downward trend

Kuroda can't repeat that

Pineada hasn't pitched in years

PEDitte gonzo

No Rivera and Roberston hasn't had success closing

Ellsbury is a big plus

So you see, all Cashman knows to do is to sign big name FA's - he overpaid but scored w/ 2

Look at this team - how can they possibly be better?  they won't win 80 games unless they steal some serious pitching

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Actually, it's set to be Jacoby Ellsbury

yankee fans who belittled him for years will have to see Jake's mug on every YES promo for the next 7 years.  That's almost as good as winning yet another WS while the yankees didn't make the playoffs with a $230 mil payroll where 1 in every 3 teams make the playoffs these days couple with the Arod Cheating Scandal coupled w/ PEDitte and Rivera retiring  - ALMOST!

[/QUOTE] i don't believe anyone here belittled Ellsbury...one thing for sure..we were a LOT more supportive of him than some Sox fans..

[/QUOTE]

First, I know plenty of yankee fans who belittled him.  Not to mention the constant rants that Brett is better

Second, I have always been a big fan of Ellsbury

Anyways, what I said is true - yankee fans who hated him will get to be hypocrites once again ala Damon..............

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

yankee fans who belittled him for years will have to see Jake's mug on every YES promo for the next 7 years.  That's almost as good as winning yet another WS while the yankees didn't make the playoffs with a $230 mil payroll where 1 in every 3 teams make the playoffs these days couple with the Arod Cheating Scandal coupled w/ PEDitte and Rivera retiring  - ALMOST!

[/QUOTE] i don't believe anyone here belittled Ellsbury...one thing for sure..we were a LOT more supportive of him than some Sox fans..

[/QUOTE]

First, I know plenty of yankee fans who belittled him.  Not to mention the constant rants that Brett is better

Anyways, what I said is true - yankee fans who hated him will get to be hypocrites once again ala Damon..............

[/QUOTE] wasn't saying you specifically... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

FACE OF THE NY YANKEES

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

The Yankees will be better next year (ever so slightly) but they've done nothing (and you can argue even hurt) their long term situation. 

[/QUOTE]
    Better??? I doubt it no pitching to speak of

Ells will not make up for Cano

Is Soriano 37, Gardner 30, Wells 35  and Ichiro 40 good enough????

Jeter 39 at SS on a ankle that may not hold up.

3rd ???? first Tex????

C Brian M

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

The face of the Yankees is..............JOBA CHAMBERLAIN

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] wasn't saying you specifically... 

[/QUOTE]

I know and I wasn't say you specifically either

But it's still true and will still be a joke

Look at how Sox fans treated Mendoza - we never accepted him.  Once a yankee, always a yankee.  We don't want em.......You can enjoy rooting for our guys though!!!!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No ARod

An Older Jeter

No Cano

Tex should be back

McCann helps a ton

Granderson gone

Ichiro a year older

Wells pretty much toast

No Overbay and Haefner

Kuroda can't repeat that

PEDitte gonzo

Ellsbury is a big plus

So you see, all Cashman knows to do is to sign big name FA's - he overpaid but scored w/ 2

Look at this team - how can they possibly be better?  they won't win 80 games unless they steal some serious pitching

[/QUOTE]

They will be better assuming they have a cleaner bill of health, and I'm also certain they will make some more moves before the season begins.  When I say better...I thinking a game or two.  They still might not be a playoff team, they definitely won't win the division.

They should get something much better than they got last year behind the plate, at first, at third, and in the outfield as well.  

Yes they are still heavily relying upon a older group of guys that have higher risk injuries and many are in decline, for example I assume they should get something out of Teixeira but I wouldn't be surprised if he gives them nothing next year.

Listen I want the Yankees to stink as much as the next man, but they are obviously throwing money at the problem.  This will make them slightly better next year, but they are continuing to do it on the back of their future.....and to be completely honest I enjoy seeing a slower death than a short one. 

They are an organization in complete denial. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Actually I don't care  That is a Yankee problem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Better??? I doubt it no pitching to speak of

Ells will not make up for Cano

Is Soriano 37, Gardner 30, Wells 35  and Ichiro 40 good enough????

Jeter 39 at SS on a ankle that may not hold up.

3rd ???? first Tex????

C Brian M

[/QUOTE]

You guys act like the Yankees didn't field a half triple A half AARP team last year either.  If anything they overachieved next year.  So perhaps this is a good truce, the Yankees might be better this year and have the same record, or even win less games.  But If Ellsbury or McCann goes on the D.L.......that would be funny. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am shocked Cano is not in New York.  I cannot believe how badly the Mariners overpaid him.  Great player, but for that much?  And the Yanks were outbid for their own FA?  Hell must've frozen over. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No ARod

An Older Jeter

No Cano

Tex should be back

McCann helps a ton

Granderson gone

Ichiro a year older

Wells pretty much toast

No Overbay and Haefner

Kuroda can't repeat that

PEDitte gonzo

Ellsbury is a big plus

[/QUOTE]

They will be better assuming they have a cleaner bill of health, and I'm also certain they will make some more moves before the season begins.  When I say better...I thinking a game or two.  They still might not be a playoff team, they definitely won't win the division.

They should get something much better than they got last year behind the plate, at first, at third, and in the outfield as well.  

Yes they are still heavily relying upon a older group of guys that have higher risk injuries and many are in decline, for example I assume they should get something out of Teixeira but I wouldn't be surprised if he gives them nothing next year.

Listen I want the Yankees to stink as much as the next man, but they are obviously throwing money at the problem.  This will make them slightly better next year, but they are continuing to do it on the back of their future.....and to be completely honest I enjoy seeing a slower death than a short one. 

[/QUOTE]

with what money or what trade bait can they acquire more players?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No ARod

An Older Jeter

No Cano

Tex should be back

McCann helps a ton

Granderson gone

Ichiro a year older

Wells pretty much toast

No Overbay and Haefner

Kuroda can't repeat that

PEDitte gonzo

Ellsbury is a big plus

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

with McCann in....the Yankees have a VERY good trade chip in Gary Sanchez.  Brett Gardner is expandable as well.   They obviously don't have anywhere near the chips we have, but they are perfectly capable of pulling off some moves.  

And the Yankees may very likely just say "screw the luxury cap" and spend whatever it takes. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter55. Show parhunter55's posts

and you have to admit, the Yankees and Cashman have always been able to pull off a trade or two that looks like a steal, especially after their prospects prove they were nothing but overhyped to begin with.  Whither Banuelos and that other great up and coming pitcher these days?

What is more interesting to me at this point is whether the Rays deal Price and how they fill out their offense, what the Orioles do to plug up some of the holes in their team (Feldman gone, McLouth gone, Roberts on the decline).  And is Toronto going to sell or try to add a piece or two?  They were odds on favorites in February last year.  Yankees could be second best club in ALE, assuming Sox stay the best.  Or, they could just as easily be the worst.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No ARod

An Older Jeter

No Cano

Tex should be back

McCann helps a ton

Granderson gone

Ichiro a year older

Wells pretty much toast

No Overbay and Haefner

Kuroda can't repeat that

PEDitte gonzo

Ellsbury is a big plus

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

with McCann in....the Yankees have a VERY good trade chip in Gary Sanchez.  Brett Gardner is expandable as well.   They obviously don't have anywhere near the chips we have, but they are perfectly capable of pulling off some moves.  

And the Yankees may very likely just say "screw the luxury cap" and spend whatever it takes. 

[/QUOTE]

only if they saw screw the luxury cap but even if they do, who else remains that could be as good as PEDittee, Rivera, and Arod?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

They will buy the next face of the franchise and might have already. 

If Pineda can get healthy, he can be a good start.  He was purchased, but young enough at 24 to market.  McCann will be marketed heavily with his five year deal and I hate to say it... but Ellsbury is signed for 7 years and women dig him.  If sex sells... my money would be on Ells for them. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to RedSoxDOrtiz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They will buy the next face of the franchise and might have already. 

If Pineda can get healthy, he can be a good start.  He was purchased, but young enough at 24 to market.  McCann will be marketed heavily with his five year deal and I hate to say it... but Ellsbury is signed for 7 years and women dig him.  If sex sells... my money would be on Ells for them. 

[/QUOTE]

Pineda was trading for Jesus "Babe Ruth" Montero - another great yankee prospect like Chamberlain......

It will be Ellbsury for 7 years and he will be all over YES and yankee fans will have to root for  a man they hated...I wish PEDitte was there one more year b/c he hates Ellsbury......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

couldn't resist... sorry

:-D

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to SleeStack1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I actually find it sort of odd and sad that there isn't one and likely won't be again for some time

Jeter might still be a fading face on his farewell tour and Aroid does a good job representing the posterior face.

[/QUOTE]

Is it really that important?  They still won 85 games or so without a "face".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Listen to Andrew on this one. JE will be the new "Face of the Franchise" in the Bronx. He fits the image the Yanks are looking for . They're trying to cleanup the franchise. With Jeter on the downside they'd like to smooth Ells in to the big image slot that will open with his departure.  A couple of years ago an  AD-TRAK executive made a comment about Jeter signature apparel revenues that went something like," Jeter is paying the Yanks to play for him". I took it to mean that the ad revenue that Jeter created was enough to offset the contract money he was receiving then. They think the next guy to be able to do that for them is JE. They could be right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Listen to Andrew on this one. JE will be the new "Face of the Franchise" in the Bronx. He fits the image the Yanks are looking for . They're trying to cleanup the franchise. With Jeter on the downside they'd like to smooth Ells in to the big image slot that will open with his departure.  A couple of years ago an  AD-TRAK executive made a comment about Jeter signature apparel revenues that went something like," Jeter is paying the Yanks to play for him". I took it to mean that the ad revenue that Jeter created was enough to offset the contract money he was receiving then. They think the next guy to be able to do that for them is JE. They could be right.

[/QUOTE]

It gives me great joy to know that yankee fans are going to be bombarded with Ellsbury promos for the next 7 years.....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Porter Fischer

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Really creative and hilarious responses!! Laughing

My pick would be a paper bag, but in truth it's going to be Ellsbury. And how funny is that? They needed to find the new face of the Yankees on the Red Sox. LMAO

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really creative and hilarious responses!! Laughing

My pick would be a paper bag, but in truth it's going to be Ellsbury. And how funny is that? They needed to find the new face of the Yankees on the Red Sox. LMAO

[/QUOTE]

That's my whole point.  Yankees fans demeaned Ellsbury for years and how he's their poster-boy.  No way most Sox fans would ever embrace Cano if he came to Boston; none.  That's another key difference between us and them.