Who is this Idiot from WEEI?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Who is this Idiot from WEEI?

Who is this idiot? He claims that the series and rest of the season are "flat". Is anyone on this forum all hum-drummed over this weekend matchup?  I am not.

Seems this pencil pushing nerd thinks its all been there and done that. Is this a true modern RS fan mentality? Is this the brain work of a pink-hat offspring?

"It is a race that is shaping up to have all the excitement of a semifinal heat of a track meet."  ALEX SPEIER (looks about 16 years old in his WEEI photo.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Re: Who is this Idiot from WEEI?

He beats Nick Cafardo who thinks he knows everything about baseball.  He does nothing but piggyback off of other reports and plays it off like he has the inside information.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I have to agree, the premise behind this column is dumb.  If these games don't feel like they mean a lot, you should probably find another interest.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

conflicted and dumb. I don't get how he can even write this. its an outrage. The media in this case would not be in touch with how we the fan feel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Didn't read the article, but can agree with you guys that this series is anything but ho-hum.

First and foremost, two heavyweights who are both likely to be in the playoffs.  Second, Yankees-Sox.  Third, they have been going back and forth all season long wresting #1 from each other.  Fourth, the games are at Fenway, but the Yankees are hot and the Sox cool. 

Fifth, all the subplots.  Pitching matchups.  Bullpens.  Both teams favor lefty hitters, but Sox more so than the Yankees with those switch-hitters.  Whose hitting, who isn't.  Who's playing good D (I thought the Sox were best last night), and who isn't.  Who's stealing and who isn't.  And on and on. 

Sixth, last night's game was a gem despite the outcome.  Lester was the perfect guy to get the first win, but beat himself in the 6th.  Colon was the perfect foil for the Sox to bash, but he lasted just long enough, and the Yankees superb pen took over.  AGon struck out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded, which I think was most due to great pitching than lousy hitting.  Logan started with two good strikes, one a heater and the other a slider, and suddenly AGon was on the defensive.  I was sure mad, but in retrospect see it was a great moment in the game. 

WEEI must pay their guys to just say anything stupid. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

who can read the article past the first sentence? Criminal he is!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"the lone outstanding question is the marginally interesting question of which one will enter the playoffs as the division winner and which one will be the wild card entrant." A.S

Yes marginally interesting, is this guy kidding? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/alex-speier/2011/08/06/playoffs-nearly-assured-both-sox-yankees-falls

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Who is this Idiot from WEEI?:
    Who is this idiot? He claims that the series and rest of the season are "flat". Is anyone on this forum all hum-drummed over this weekend matchup?  I am not. Seems this pencil pushing nerd thinks its all been there and done that . Is this a true modern RS fan mentality? Is this the brain work of a pink-hat offspring? "It is a race that is shaping up to have all the excitement of a semifinal heat of a track meet."  ALEX SPEIER (looks about 16 years old in his WEEI photo.) www.weei.com/sites/all/themes/weei/images/colarticle_alex-speier.jpg " alt="" align="left" /> ALEX SPEIER
    Posted by BurritoT

He's got a point.  I went to the movies last night and didn't even check the score until now.  Since 2004 the lack of intensity in this so-called rivalry has dimished significantly. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Right now it only means first place. The RS and NYY are 1 & 2 in the AL and are up 7 over LAA and 9 over TB.
    Only a complete failure of either team in the next 51 games will mean that either would not get into the playoffs.
    A 500 record by either (25-25) would mean LAA & TB would need to go (33-17)
     So other than first really does not mean a lot right now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

It isn't the end of the world if you don't finish first but it matters.

To win the WS a team must win 11 games.

The winner will get 10 home games (3 ALDS, 4 ALCS, 3 WS because of the all-star game being won by the NL).

The Wild Card will get 8 home games to win 11 total games over the course of the tournament. The Wild Card will likely get the Rangers or Angels with their killer pitching staff, neither the NYY or RS really want to see either in a 5 game series. The winner of the AL East gets the winner of the AL Central with 3 home games to win 3 total games.

It matters, it silly to think it doesn't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Who is this idiot? He claims that the series and rest of the season are "flat". Is anyone on this forum all hum-drummed over this weekend matchup?  I am not. Seems this pencil pushing nerd thinks its all been there and done that . Is this a true modern RS fan mentality? Is this the brain work of a pink-hat offspring? "It is a race that is shaping up to have all the excitement of a semifinal heat of a track meet."  ALEX SPEIER (looks about 16 years old in his WEEI photo.) www.weei.com/sites/all/themes/weei/images/colarticle_alex-speier.jpg " alt="" align="left" /> ALEX SPEIER
    Posted by BurritoT

It sounds ridiculous. The two biggest teams in the AL East playing together, and tied for first? lol  I don't think he even watches baseball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If you see his WEEI photo he looks about 14 and could never have made it further than badminton. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yes I agree - its plain to see - Go Boston!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Who is this Idiot from WEEI?:
    "the lone outstanding question is the marginally interesting question of which one will enter the playoffs as the division winner and which one will be the wild card entrant." A.S Yes marginally interesting, is this guy kidding? 
    Posted by BurritoT

Be fair to that writer.

Frist of all, he is very likely correct.

Secondly, Sox fan passion aside, that is exactly how the rest of the country looks at the AL East...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Say it ain't so Mr. notin.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

More interestingly... does any team really want to see Verlander, let alone twice in a series?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The Red Sox win today and take a one game lead into Monday - that's all my anxiety for this 3 game set can get out of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Now I have heard it all, Dale Arnold suggesting Ortiz frustrated because Gonzales steals RBI's from him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Posted by BurritoT

If anyone in either camp isn't focused on the series, now a one game "playoff," their favorite sport is definitely not baseball.

Remarkably poor understanding of the issues at hand.

Friday night's game was anything but humdrum ...

I missed yesterday's, but was thrilled at the outcome and all the nuances in it.  Beating CC like a drum.  Carl's 4 for 4 ... Ells power surge!  

All so great to see even after the fact.

Maybe he's on meds.

Sections
Shortcuts