Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mr.Bump. Show Mr.Bump's posts

Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs?

www.sawxblog.com/2011/07/angry-man-average-pitcher.html&docid=f0D8aZ7TvPSgDM&w=450&h=256&ei=QpReTrKWJ8vngQeuqcmQAg&zoom=1" class="rg_l">

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs?

I think he will start in the Postseason. I think the Sox will forcefeed him in no matter what. He's an 82-million pitcher. They are not going to sit him on the sideline after Beckett, Lester. No way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Re: Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs?

Oh, he'll start. I'm not sure he should, but he will.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]Oh, he'll start. I'm not sure he should, but he will.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Agreed Lloyd, he will start even though Wake, Miller and Bedard are all better pitchers "maybe not Wake in the PS but overall.  I think John will start one game, then Bedard or Clay will take over if hes ready.  There is no way should we allow John to pitch twice if he gets rocked.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

You'd rather have Wakefield than Lackey?

At least with Lackey , if he has a bad game it might be 5-0 by the 3rd inning. With Wakefield , when he leaves the knuckle ball up in the zone, we could be talkin' 5-0 after 5 batters!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs?:
    [QUOTE]You'd rather have Wakefield than Lackey? At least with Lackey , if he has a bad game it might be 5-0 by the 3rd inning. With Wakefield , when he leaves the knuckle ball up in the zone, we could be talkin' 5-0 after 5 batters!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I don't want Wake or Lackey to ever see PS action ZILL.  I do think Wake is as good or better pitcher than Lackey for regular season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]You'd rather have Wakefield than Lackey? At least with Lackey , if he has a bad game it might be 5-0 by the 3rd inning. With Wakefield , when he leaves the knuckle ball up in the zone, we could be talkin' 5-0 after 5 batters!
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

I'm scared of Timmy....ooooooooh, scarrrrrrrrry....It's cold, I'm frightened...zilla, you have got to be the wussiest japanese super monster evah. 5-0 after 5 batters.....you really don't watch when he pitches, do you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think the really interesting question here is Miller versus Lackey. Bedard as number three feels almost like a no-brainer at this point. I think I might go with Miller over Lackey in the four spot, but try when possible to shorten it to three.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Miller could pitch his way into Tito's favor. But I think we should limit such speculation to one series at a time.
    And in the first 3 of 5 game scenario, I see Tito going with 3 starters: Beckett/Lester/Bedard.

Let's get by that one first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs? : I don't want Wake or Lackey to ever see PS action ZILL.  I do think Wake is as good or better pitcher than Lackey for regular season.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

"I don't want Wake or Lackey to ever see PS action ZILL. "
    someone said it.
    he's a 4 or 5.
    id rather bedard third then miller 4th
    lackey has a game with less than 5 runs every 3rd game maybe.
    seems hes almost always gonna allow 4-7, usually 4-5.
    wake 5-8 runs
    miller 0-3 most often, lately.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I think the really interesting question here is Miller versus Lackey. Bedard as number three feels almost like a no-brainer at this point. I think I might go with Miller over Lackey in the four spot, but try when possible to shorten it to three.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

do you think theyd have the cohones to pitch miller ove rlackey. they are always afraid of hurting people's feelings o nth ered sox, especially veterans. that is why id dont think theyd eer do that even if it were a better strategy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I think it's still up in the air...If the sox go up in a series 3-0 why put Beckett or Lester back on the hill??  In that scenario I'd rather have them rested and put in the better of Lackey/Miller for a game 4. All things considered I'd go with Lackey because he has done it in the playoffs before.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Lackey will likely be our #4.  Miller has really only had two good games.  I cannot imagine truting him with an ALCS or WS game.  He's 7-2 in his last 10 games with a 4.22.  He hasn't been real good, but he's only allowed more than 4 ERs once in that stretch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I agree, Lackey is no Ace but since the all-star break he's pitched well enough to keep us in everyball game...thats where you want to be in the playoffs....in the game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]Lackey will likely be our #4.  Miller has really only had two good games.  I cannot imagine truting him with an ALCS or WS game.  He's 7-2 in his last 10 games with a 4.22.  He hasn't been real good, but he's only allowed more than 4 ERs once in that stretch.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

UR likely right, Joe, but ya never know. Miller pitched surprisingly well after a lengthy lay-off. Then he threw his best game against Texas, the toughest opponent he's faced this year. He may have discovered a flaw that led to his regression.
    His next couple of  starts will be of interest.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs? : UR likely right, Joe , but ya never know. Miller pitched surprisingly well after a lengthy lay-off. Then he threw his best game against Texas, the toughest opponent he's faced this year. He may have discovered a flaw that led to his regression. His next couple of  starts will be of interest.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the other night, that not only Miller pitched a great game, but he pitched a great game against Texas.  I was very high on Miller this year, and disappointed when his command fell apart. I'm not sure how I'd trust with the game ball in the playoffs but he has regained my curiosity of what he can do in the future...but like you said, his next couple starts will be very telling. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lindawitz1. Show Lindawitz1's posts

ME!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs? : do you think theyd have the cohones to pitch miller ove rlackey. they are always afraid of hurting people's feelings o nth ered sox, especially veterans. that is why id dont think theyd eer do that even if it were a better strategy.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

oh, the embarrassment to theo; 82 million dollars pizzed away.
    and we won't even talk about crawford.

please explain to me WHY ARE THE CUBS INTERESTED?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

He'll make a start.  Can't leave the second highest paid player off the post season roster and if he isn't going to make a start, then there is no reason to have him on the roster.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who is willing to volunteer and tell John Lackey he isn't starting in the playoffs? : oh, the embarrassment to theo; 82 million dollars pizzed away. and we won't even talk about crawford. please explain to me WHY ARE THE CUBS INTERESTED?
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

OCD ... nothing more ... you need help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, he'll start. I'm not sure he should, but he will.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

Right. Let's go with a 2 man rotation, or let's hang our hopes on Miller with an astrnomical WHIP. I like Bedard, but he is largely unproven thus far. We know that mama's boy aint coming back anytime soon.
    So it's either Lackey or Wake, and I think the RS fan's would run Francona out of town on a rail if he picks Tim.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I still think Lackey will be pitching Game 3 in the playoffs despite his performance this year.....I think Francona will stick with the guy he knows best....and who he thinks he can predict what he gets out of him....with Lackey, that is 6 or 7 innings...somewhere between 3 (in a good game) and 6 (in a bad game) runs....and count on his offense. With Wake, Miller, he doesnt know if they will get clobbered early and he will have to go to the pen early....with Bedard...I don't think Tito knows him well enough in general and he has no idea how he will pitch in a Playoff game....Lackey has a good PS history

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lackey will pitch, trust me. 

Sections
Shortcuts