Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

David Américo Ortiz Arias #34 DH Boston Red Sox

Ultimately poised, doing ordinary things under extaordinary circumstances, with a full belief and confidence in his ability to come through. An inately charismatic team leadership personality, calm through the team lows, enthusiastic inspirational high energy during the tipping points of the competition.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Who is your single most favorite Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

Bill Hall.

Undecided

Oh, wait, he's not yet on the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: Who is your single most favorite Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

The son of a Long Island potato farmer.

Who's father was always sure his son had wasted his life by playing baseball. 

His first name was/is Carl.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

tim wakefield;
    i'm only saying that because the OP,BETTERDUMBTHANSMART, can't stand him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Who is your single most favorite Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]David Américo Ortiz Arias #34 DH Boston Red Sox Ultimately poised, doing ordinary things under extaordinary circumstances, with a full belief and confidence in his ability to come through. An inately charismatic team leadership personality, calm through the team lows, enthusiastic inspirational high energy during the tipping points of the competition.  
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

I'ts a toss up if we are taking about the last two decades otherwise there are many.  Papi or Wake
    have both gone through individual and team struggles but always remained loyal teammates who are well respected by the community, our and management and fans. 

2012 will tell us a bit more about David. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

It should be Pedey, Youk, or Jake--or even Big Papi--because they have all been here awhile and I know them better.  But Adrian Gonzalez is the best Sox hitter in a long time who can also contribute defensively.  In their heyday Manny and Papi hit about as well, but didn't do zilch for the defense.  And Adrian is smart and articulate, something neither of them was ever accused of.  Last night against a very good Shields, he had 3 of Boston's 5 hits. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

A-GON  has the tools to be the best  hitter for power and average in BOSTON since TED WILLIAMS.
    he may already be the best defensive 1st baseman they've ever had.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

Toss up between mike torrez, wake and buckner. I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain why.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Current player?

I would have to say Dustin Pedroia.

Or all-time?

I would pick Pedro Martinez.

Entertaining to watch, desire to win, great personality, great talent, leadership....both of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]Toss up between mike torrez, wake and buckner. I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain why.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]
    Nor do I have to explain why Javier Vasquez is my favorite all-time Yankee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Current:  Pedroia (he puts the arrrr in heart)

All-time:  JimEd (because as a child, I was awe-struck, and that has never left me)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

This was a test to see if the reader could follow directions and make obvious assumptions. Only Zila was able to follow directions.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

Current Beckett, because of 03 and 07.

All-time Pedro, because he is the best pitcher in the history of the world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Current: Papi. He's meant so much to what this franchise has accomplished over the past decade.

All-time: Dewey. Loved the way he played the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]This was a test to see if the reader could follow directions and make obvious assumptions. Only Zila was able to follow directions.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

and .. the rest of us should feel ... shame ... ?  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Current - Ortiz(He is still a great hitter and has a great personality).

All-time - Pedro Martinez,  one of the best pitchers of the last decade. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]Current player? I would have to say Dustin Pedroia. Or all-time? I would pick Pedro Martinez. Entertaining to watch, desire to win, great personality, great talent, leadership....both of them.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Good points, zillagod. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxu571. Show redsoxu571's posts

Jon Lester: When you can stare down cancer and win, clinching a World Series is no problem. A bit overlooked by scouts because they saw him without his best stuff, the best thing to ever happen to the Sox was NOT making the ARod or Santana trades. Instead, they now have a true ace, an innings eater who may not have the best stuff in the AL, but who is as good as any pitcher at winning even when he isn't "on". It does help though that he's on quite a bit...

Runner up: Dustin Pedroia. How can you not love a guy who has boundless personality and a positive ego despite a bald spot, the physique of guys I knew in college (who weren't athletes), and is no taller than I am? Nobody is better at making sweet spot contact despite always swinging out of his heels, and everyone who said he is an "Eckstein clone" is an idiot, because Ecksteins don't win MVPs. Laser Show baby!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

571, you did not follow the directions, but were close. No runner-up, so I'll have to edit your comment. Just joking. I like your comment on Lester, and I was outspoken in decrying any talk of trading him for Santana. Santana had a delivery and high mileage that was certain breakdown, and Lester was a part of the title team in 2007 and a great human story of bouncing back from adversity. Well said, 571.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]Jon Lester: When you can stare down cancer and win, clinching a World Series is no problem. A bit overlooked by scouts because they saw him without his best stuff, the best thing to ever happen to the Sox was NOT making the ARod or Santana trades. Instead, they now have a true ace, an innings eater who may not have the best stuff in the AL, but who is as good as any pitcher at winning even when he isn't "on". It does help though that he's on quite a bit... Runner up: Dustin Pedroia. How can you not love a guy who has boundless personality and a positive ego despite a bald spot, the physique of guys I knew in college (who weren't athletes), and is no taller than I am? Nobody is better at making sweet spot contact despite always swinging out of his heels, and everyone who said he is an "Eckstein clone" is an idiot, because Ecksteins don't win MVPs. Laser Show baby!
    Posted by redsoxu571[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with that, bro.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Jim Rice. In his prime, he would pick up bettersoftbraindead and put him a trash can for his inane postings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I would say that Nomar was my favorite player for a long time. I know it didn't end well but he was the heart and soul of our team. I still think it was a travesty that he wasn't a part of one of the Championships. Pedro would be my choice for the most dominant player. Manny, Papi, and Damon were all great but stained their legacy in Boston. Don't get me wrong, I still love Papi, but the steriod thing will never go away. I sick and tired of Boston sports heroes being run out of town and then blasted by the fans. The sports world needs more Tedi Bruschi's!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

dcater can't follow directions. And is that surprising? No it is not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ok, to satisfy your "directions," i'll go with Daniel Bard. I figure his 99 mph fastball at your head would adequately take you out of chat play. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Trust me, dcater, making idle threats on a message board is not valor. If we met, you would find out that self defense isn't a weakness for me. See the 2nd Amendment.

Sections
Shortcuts