Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

FKN A!!  "A" for art form!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?

Big Papi for his Chevy Chase routine behind Francona during in-game interviews, his hugging a second basemen when caught dead in the basepaths for the final out of an inning, but mostly for his stylish walkoff homeruns and hits that redirected the course of Red Sox history.  Yes, his legacy is somewhat marred by revelations he used a banned substance that was never disclosed.  I think the undisclosed substance is called Yankee Kryptonite. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Nice trick, changing the title 11 posts in.

If you had originally said "current" obviously our answers would have varied.

Current is Pedey.  One cannot find more heart and drive in such a small package as Pedroia.  Excellent role model for young and old.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

G'nite ya'll.  Break is over.

I have to get back to the donuts.  It's the yeast I can do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Jason Varitek. A leader, a stand-up (or crouch down) guy, reliable, brilliant at what he does (there will never be another), and, in my eyes, a genuine nice guy. And he shut ARod up with his glove - but that was after he was already my favorite.:) 

Youk is an all-around great baseball player. IMO. I think they could put him anywhere on the field and he would be able to handle it. He's a team-player, and they can count on him to be 100% in at all times. I also believe him to be a great person.

I've always loved Big Papi for obvious reasons, but never made him my favorite player because I always felt as a DH, he could go at any time. I've already been burned by Damon that way, and didn't want to have it happen again.

As for Agon, I'm sure he will definitely become many fans' favorite player over the years. For that reason alone, he won't be mine, he will have plenty of support. But I will add J.D. Drew because alot of fans don't like him, so now I do. Terrific fielder, nothing gets by him, and I feel totally confident having him out in right field. He may not get as many hits as people like, but he does get some big ones when it counts. That's good enough for me.

I have to admit, that was funny when you said posters weren't following instructions. Did you put that in because you thought the thread would be too positive? :) I'm just glad I read it before I listed mine. Hate to think I don't follow directions well.

Ooops. I think I put two, or three. I can't remember now. Uh-oh. I should stop or I'll just keep adding more...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

He put in "follow instructions" - and then changed the criteria and the thread title to include "current".Thus, he failed the honor test, which is the norm for him and his light-witted dupe.

But he'll accuse you of the same Kim, as the great Softnut test is to see if posters can limit their take to one paragraph.

He should know that it takes several paragraphs to discuss Tek's attributes:)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Harness, as you know, I'm awful at following directions. lol

You give me a positive thread, and I'll spend all day there. It's like an oasis in the desert to me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

Dustin Pedroia.  He had to be twice as good to over-come prejudice he must have been subjected to owing to his size; his confidence; his baseball intelligence, he often seems to be a step ahead in any given situation, almost as if he knows what will happen next and then it does and he's ready for it

This is outstanding prose. This comment follows the simply instruction.

Harness is a loser whose indentity is drivel deposits in a pitiful flailing bullying attempt with all the force of a midget mind.

Now, for you to Leftist losers, let's get a lesson on the U.S. Constitution that Barry Obama didn't teach you.

•  
      • A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Now, for you dim bulbs, "the people" specifically gives every adult U.S. person the right to bear arms. If bearing arms was to be limited to just "a well regulated militia", the founding fathers would have simply written "the right of members of a well regulated federal and/or state milita" to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

The birth of a nation was very much based upon a document which gave it's people the right to defend life, liberty and property, without compulsion to serve in government military service. Having been exploited and abused by a central authority, a person's right to defend his life, liberty and property as the very essence of a free people.

In McDonald v. Chicago, Chicago's corrupt city government gun control law deemed to be subject to the people's right to bear arms as set forth in the 2nd Amendment. 

To be truly free, a person must have the right to bear arms to defend his life, his liberty and his property. Unfortuantely, criminals and corrupt governments bear arms while most people do not bear arms. If most people would bear arms, there would be less crime and less victims of crime. Va. Tech and "the postal worker" and "Columbine" syndrome, met by the People bearing arms, would have saved a tremendous number of lives. 

Fire, knives, fertilizer, vehicles, clubs and fists are all deadly weapons if misused. The lawful purpose of guns is to hunt, practice target shooting, and to defend life, liberty and property.

I cling to my Bible and my guns, not to the rhetorical words of a politician who honed his slick talk in Chicago. 

Note: To those who depress the "report/censorship" request button, please note the initial threat injection from an angry poster, supra. 

He started it, I'll finish it.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

I'll go with Pedey. For one thing, as the saying goes, he's the guy you'd want in a foxhole with you. All the talk about his being scrappy, feisty, and an underdog is true, but it can deflect attention from the simple fact that he's a very gifted athlete. Finally, he takes himself just seriously enough to perform at a high level but not so seriously that he doesn't enjoy Terry's kidding about him.  One camera should be focused at all times on the byplay between the two of them in the dugout. Terry says, "He drives me nuts." Right, and Terry loves the ride. I suspect that Pedey's teammates do as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from betterredthandead. Show betterredthandead's posts

expitch, another well articulated comment. At least a few posters are capable of following instructions and making articulate comments.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]Nice trick, changing the title 11 posts in. If you had originally said "current" obviously our answers would have varied. Current is Pedey.  One cannot find more heart and drive in such a small package as Pedroia.  Excellent role model for young and old.
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

OP is a 12 year old dope. 

Wakefield is my favorite.  Because he is a just a good guy.  Shame a lot of RS fans can't appreciate what he has done for the franchise over the years.

All time would have to be El Tiante.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

First: 6/7/2011
    Last: 6/16/2011

This is outstanding prose. This comment follows the simply instruction.

Harness is a loser whose indentity is drivel deposits in a pitiful flailing bullying attempt with all the force of a midget mind.

Now, for you to Leftist losers, let's get a lesson on the U.S. Constitution that Barry Obama didn't teach you.

•  
      • A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Now, for you dim bulbs, "the people" specifically gives every adult U.S. person the right to bear arms. If bearing arms was to be limited to just "a well regulated militia", the founding fathers would have simply written "the right of members of a well regulated federal and/or state milita" to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

The birth of a nation was very much based upon a document which gave it's people the right to defend life, liberty and property, without compulsion to serve in government military service. Having been exploited and abused by a central authority, a person's right to defend his life, liberty and property as the very essence of a free people.

In McDonald v. Chicago, Chicago's corrupt city government gun control law deemed to be subject to the people's right to bear arms as set forth in the 2nd Amendment. 

To be truly free, a person must have the right to bear arms to defend his life, his liberty and his property. Unfortuantely, criminals and corrupt governments bear arms while most people do not bear arms. If most people would bear arms, there would be less crime and less victims of crime. Va. Tech and "the postal worker" and "Columbine" syndrome, met by the People bearing arms, would have saved a tremendous number of lives. 

Fire, knives, fertilizer, vehicles, clubs and fists are all deadly weapons if misused. The lawful purpose of guns is to hunt, practice target shooting, and to defend life, liberty and property.

I cling to my Bible and my guns, not to the rhetorical words of a politician who honed his slick talk in Chicago. 

Note: To those who depress the "report/censorship" request button, please note the initial threat injection from an angry poster, supra. 

He started it, I'll finish it.     

Have you lost your everloving mind? 

What the heck does this verbal dhiarrea  have to do with a current favorite Red Sox and a short reason for it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Who is your single most favorite current Red Sox player. And, in one small paragraph, why?:
    [QUOTE]Trust me, dcater, making idle threats on a message board is not valor. If we met, you would find out that self defense isn't a weakness for me. See the 2nd Amendment.
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Oh really now guys..are we REALLY resorting to this cyber toughguy contest?

Fav player: Pedey..Hes the ultimate dirt dog iMO..
    All time:

Carl Yastrzemski!!!

He was the first ballplayer I saw as a kid...It was all about Yaz after that..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey, Softy's right ... after all, you never know when we'll need to defend our homes from the British again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

To Since Yaz: Softlaw's verbal diarrhea was supposed to follow what he took as a  "threat". This "threat" simply exposed him for altering thread criteria. Nothing more.

Betterredthandead is softlaw - banned several times for such an outrage.

He has to be one of the most disturbed, abusive individuals ever to post on a public forum. He comes  to a baseball forum to vent his political garbage. This episode includes rants of guns and bibles. He degrades others and then accuses others of "bullying".

He was caught in the act of altering the thread and took offense to it.
    Amazing that BDC has allowed him to continue this practice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

DEREK JETERR

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Dustin Pedroia.  He had to be twice as good to over-come prejudice he must have been subjected to owing to his size; his confidence; his baseball intelligence, he often seems to be a step ahead in any given situation, almost as if he knows what will happen next and then it does and he's ready for it This is outstanding prose. This comment follows the simply instruction. Harness is a loser whose indentity is drivel deposits in a pitiful flailing bullying attempt with all the force of a midget mind. Now, for you to Leftist losers, let's get a lesson on the U.S. Constitution that Barry Obama didn't teach you.   A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Now, for you dim bulbs, "the people" specifically gives every adult U.S. person the right to bear arms. If bearing arms was to be limited to just "a well regulated militia", the founding fathers would have simply written "the right of members of a well regulated federal and/or state milita" to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". The birth of a nation was very much based upon a document which gave it's people the right to defend life, liberty and property, without compulsion to serve in government military service. Having been exploited and abused by a central authority, a person's right to defend his life, liberty and property as the very essence of a free people. In McDonald v. Chicago, Chicago's corrupt city government gun control law deemed to be subject to the people's right to bear arms as set forth in the 2nd Amendment.  To be truly free, a person must have the right to bear arms to defend his life, his liberty and his property. Unfortuantely, criminals and corrupt governments bear arms while most people do not bear arms. If most people would bear arms, there would be less crime and less victims of crime. Va. Tech and "the postal worker" and "Columbine" syndrome, met by the People bearing arms, would have saved a tremendous number of lives.  Fire, knives, fertilizer, vehicles, clubs and fists are all deadly weapons if misused. The lawful purpose of guns is to hunt, practice target shooting, and to defend life, liberty and property. I cling to my Bible and my guns, not to the rhetorical words of a politician who honed his slick talk in Chicago.  Note: To those who depress the "report/censorship" request button, please note the initial threat injection from an angry poster, supra.  He started it, I'll finish it.     
    Posted by betterredthandead[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Talk about the king of non sequiturs????

Betterdead,

I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A FIRM SECOND AMENDMENT SUPPORTER!

However, given the fact that you have to be the biggest j@ck@$$ on the face of the planet......  I'm beginning to change my stance on the issue!

If you're for it?????   I think I'll just be against it on principle!

Being WRONG 95% of the time is not helping you in any argument!

By the way.......   Are you completely insane!?!?!?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

IRONIC..............

Betterdead getting on people for "not following directions, & getting OFF TOPIC!"

NO MATTER WHAT THE TOPIC, this loser changes the subject, goes to the ad hominem, & becomes to KING of the non sequitur!   :)    :)      :)

YOU GOTTA LOVE THIS CAT!!!   He's so easy!   :)