Who the heck is our new manager????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Who the heck is our new manager????

Pick somebody Ben and let's get started for 2012!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Who the heck is our new manager????

I would guess Alomar, Hale, Martinez or Pena in no particular order.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

In Response to Who the heck is our new manager????:
    [QUOTE]Pick somebody Ben and let's get started for 2012!
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]
    Given how negotiations are going right now as of this moment between the Cubs and us for our compenstation for Theo going to the Windy City, it may take a long time before we hire a Manager.....you are getting ahead of yourself a bit here.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

why we are worry about the manger.  Boston will have no problem finding one.  Right now let focus the compensation deal from the Cubs.  Then worry about the free agent at the same time to pick a manager.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

The Commissioner prefers that such deals happen after the World Series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In Response to Re: Who the heck is our new manager????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who the heck is our new manager???? : Given how negotiations are going right now as of this moment between the Cubs and us for our compenstation for Theo going to the Windy City, it may take a long time before we hire a Manager.....you are getting ahead of yourself a bit here.
    Posted by sindarin-erebor[/QUOTE]True. Aside from the sound bite about Crawford yesterday, John Henry's appearance with Felger and Mazz brings something to light.

There is a moratorium on any announcements of consequence until the conclusion of the post season. Not leaks but official announcements.

That means that when the Cubs and RS agree on compensation there will be no offical announcement that Epstein has been signed and Cherington promoted. But the leaks all indicate that is where this is going. Epstein will go and Cherington will stay because it creates organizational continuity, they happen to think the guy is really good and the continuity will reduce Epstein's ability to take talent with him.

And I am quite sure in the meantime the RS with LL and Cherington heading the team are evaluating managerial candidates and already have a pretty good idea who they are going to tender, if they are going to offer arbitration to Ortiz and/or Papelbon and have evaluated the entire FA market.

In short there is a lot of work going on but the news cycles aren't going to feed us with much except for leaks and rumors until the WS concludes. It will then be a very busy season with a flurry of activity between then and the holidays.

In the meantime we await the next Globe article so we can find out if it was Original Recipe or Extra Crispy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]I would guess Alomar, Hale, Martinez or Pena in no particular order.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

i was thinking...
    martinez

pena

mackanin

alomar jr.

almost same as you...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who the heck is our new manager???? : True. Aside from the sound bite about Crawford yesterday, John Henry's appearance with Felger and Mazz brings something to light. There is a moratorium on any announcements of consequence until the conclusion of the post season. Not leaks but official announcements. That means that when the Cubs and RS agree on compensation there will be no offical announcement that Epstein has been signed and Cherington promoted. But the leaks all indicate that is where this is going. Epstein will go and Cherington will stay because it creates organizational continuity, they happen to think the guy is really good and the continuity will reduce Epstein's ability to take talent with him. And I am quite sure in the meantime the RS with LL and Cherington heading the team are evaluating managerial candidates and already have a pretty good idea who they are going to tender, if they are going to offer arbitration to Ortiz and/or Papelbon and have evaluated the entire FA market. In short there is a lot of work going on but the news cycles aren't going to feed us with much except for leaks and rumors until the WS concludes. It will then be a very busy season with a flurry of activity between then and the holidays. In the meantime we await the next Globe article so we can find out if it was Original Recipe or Extra Crispy!
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

If it was KFC, it had better be Original Recipe.

If it was Popeye's, it had better be Spicy.

If that was the case, then I can forgive them, otherwise, we'll have some huge issues.

Tongue out

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who the heck is our new manager???? : True. Aside from the sound bite about Crawford yesterday, John Henry's appearance with Felger and Mazz brings something to light. There is a moratorium on any announcements of consequence until the conclusion of the post season. Not leaks but official announcements. That means that when the Cubs and RS agree on compensation there will be no offical announcement that Epstein has been signed and Cherington promoted. But the leaks all indicate that is where this is going. Epstein will go and Cherington will stay because it creates organizational continuity, they happen to think the guy is really good and the continuity will reduce Epstein's ability to take talent with him. And I am quite sure in the meantime the RS with LL and Cherington heading the team are evaluating managerial candidates and already have a pretty good idea who they are going to tender, if they are going to offer arbitration to Ortiz and/or Papelbon and have evaluated the entire FA market. In short there is a lot of work going on but the news cycles aren't going to feed us with much except for leaks and rumors until the WS concludes. It will then be a very busy season with a flurry of activity between then and the holidays. In the meantime we await the next Globe article so we can find out if it was Original Recipe or Extra Crispy!
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

In the meantime, I see this as an opportunity to create more wild rumors on the chatboard. 

As far the chicken is concerned, maybe it wasn't even fried to begin with.  Once the WS concludes, we may discover that it was in fact Rotisserie chicken from Boston Market.  If this is true, I'll feel better about the health choices made by the starting rotation. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who the heck is our new manager???? : If it was KFC, it had better be Original Recipe. If it was Popeye's, it had better be Spicy. If that was the case, then I can forgive them, otherwise, we'll have some huge issues.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

do you go for the original with gravy? man, it's been years since i've had those. with beer? awesome!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurenwade. Show laurenwade's posts

[QUOTE]I would guess Alomar, Hale, Martinez or Pena in no particular order.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Alomar would probably spit in your face if he caught a Red Sox drinking a brew.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]The Commissioner prefers that such deals happen after the World Series.
    Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE]

Before the World Series starts...then there's a moritorium on annoncements.

So they have until the day before Game 1 of the WS to make Theo's announcement to the Cubs, otherwise they wait.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who the heck is our new manager???? : do you go for the original with gravy? man, it's been years since i've had those. with beer? awesome!!! 
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Love the original. As for the gravy, it isn't as good as I remember it was when I was a kid. It's funny too. I read where the first thing Col. Sanders would check when he visited a KFC store was the gravy, and if it was sub-par, he'd rip the manager a new one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Manager probably won't get hired until Thanksgiving.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Manager probably won't get hired until Thanksgiving.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

They should announce it on Thanksgiving and have a deep-fried turkey on the press table during the news conference.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

MOON!

write in candidate for sure, but MOON!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Its a toss up call between Tony Pena and Manny...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I would agree that there's time...I wouldn't however say there's plenty of time...To me the importance of settling the Esptein issue, then appointing the new GM and hiring the new manager (coaching staff) is it'll send a message to every player on the team and those that are FA, that it's back to buisness as usaual on Yawkey way...

Tantamount to the success of the team in reposioning the negetive perception caused by the drama of whether it was the original recipe or extra crispy is the new skipper's reputation in the game and will be a major factor in how the team is percieved by the players at large...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who the heck is our new manager???? : They should announce it on Thanksgiving and have a deep-fried turkey on the press table during the news conference.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

And Cherington can hand his new manager a cold beer as he makes his way to the microphones.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Go old school and hand him a Schaefer beer. (Do they still make that?)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Kevin Millar, it's time this team "Cowboys Up"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Who the heck is our new manager???? : MOON!    write in candidate for sure, but MOON!!!
    Posted by SinceYaz[/QUOTE]

I accept.

Foot in mouth

Sections
Shortcuts