Who to blame?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Who to blame?

I blame the grounds keeper.  If the mound was shaped better, then Buch wouldn't have gotten the stress fracture in his back, forcing him to the DL.

I blame global warming.  Horrendous weather caused too many doubleheaders and late night flights.

I blame the butterfly in the Amazon jungle that flapped it's wings and thereby setting into motion a series of events that led to John Lackey being born.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gbman87603. Show gbman87603's posts

In Response to Who to blame?:
      It's no wonder the Red Sox blew it, nobody except me knows the reason why. I've been saying for the past month that management and coach are at fault. The Management and Tito brought in Crawford and Gonzo. That's obviously a case of lack of judgement of their true worth.   Because Tito has no idea how to handle his players, the players decided to slack off the last month, deciding that they had already made the playoffs. That began the pathetic notion that 1st place isn't important, that the wild card is okay. Gonzo said that more than once. So what happens? the players go on cruise control, losing game after game. The manager should have stepped in and berrated the players, warning them with sending them to the minors if they didn't smarten up. But no, the ever-pleasing Tito carried on as usual, and you know the result. He's more of a grandmother than a coach.    1st place is important. You let the other teams know who's the best. If Jonny Damon and Mark Texeira were playing for the Red Sox, they would be in 1st place, no matter who the manager was. Tito failed to manage, and the players forgot to win by playing like softies.   So Tito and Boy Strike Out have to go. Then find players who want to win at all costs. It would help if they had some talent as well. Martinez[Detroit] and Beltre[Rangers] used to play for the Red Sox. Both those teams are still playing, and playing well.   If a player isn't willing to play like a dirt-dog, then he shouldn't be playing.   Bye Bye Tito!  Bye Bye Boy Strike-Out! Bye Bye Fat Cats!
    Posted by spider-man

This was a lot of effort for a bunch of nonsense. The manager should warn players with sending them to the minors? CANT DO THAT...they need to have options, which the veteran FA players will not. Get a clue please. Its on the players, not the manager.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cock_Landers. Show Cock_Landers's posts

F U C KING RED SOX SUCK! 1918! B I T C H E S!!!!!!! YANKESS PWN YOU!!!!!

1918!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I'd start with the pitching coach. Then I'd move to the base coaches, Tito would be next, followed by the Boy Wonder. They'd all be dressed like baboons and headed out of town. I'm also pissed at myself for wasting so much time watching guys who hardly seemed to care about how poorly they were playing. Time for a house cleaning!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I only have myself to blame.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

In Response to Re: Who to blame?:
    I only have myself to blame.  
    Posted by chuchos

Hell, I blame the curse.....why not....

I mean, it's been 7 years, right...? 
    Statute of limitations is up.......

1986 Game 6 Starting Pitcher:  Bruce Hurst
    Unscrambled, you ask....

B. Ruth Curse

Coincidence..?
    About as rational a reason as any for this calamity....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413377. Show user_4413377's posts

i blame myself for not using bigger letters when i kept posting

FIRE THEO!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413377. Show user_4413377's posts

In Response to Re: Who to blame? : Hell, I blame the curse.....why not.... I mean, it's been 7 years, right...?  Statute of limitations is up....... 1986 Game 6 Starting Pitcher:  Bruce Hurst Unscrambled, you ask.... B. Ruth Curse Coincidence..? About as rational a reason as any for this calamity....
    Posted by ChifferBrane

i'll agree about the curse, but not the old curse of THE BAMBINO; now there's a new curse; the curse of THE BUMTHEO.
    however, the theo curse can easily be remedied. grow a pair john henry!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SOXNVA. Show SOXNVA's posts

I would like to place the blame of the entire season Neil Diamond. It was his song, Sweet Caroline, which provided the music for ESPN's Mike & MIke parody of the collapse of the Red Sox, which they played only after apologizing first which was sweet of them.

(Note: If I am not allowed to place blame on Neil Diamond then I would like to second the motion to place blame on the pitching mound, but the mound at Camden Yards as opposed to Fenway because everytime a pitcher threw a bad pitch, he looked at the ground like it was the grounds fault)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413377. Show user_4413377's posts

I would like to place the blame of the entire season Neil Diamond. It was his song, Sweet Caroline, which provided the music for ESPN's Mike & MIke parody of the collapse of the Red Sox, which they played only after apologizing first which was sweet of them. (Note: If I am not allowed to place blame on Neil Diamond then I would like to second the motion to place blame on the pitching mound, but the mound at Camden Yards as opposed to Fenway because everytime a pitcher threw a bad pitch, he looked at the ground like it was the grounds fault)
    Posted by SOXNVA

btw, isn't neil diamond an admitted yankee fan?
    new theme song for the 8th inning "CHOKING IN THE BOY'S ROOM" by brownsville station.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

I blame GW Bush....No the Tea Party, wait, no, the oil companies. 

Why not?...Barry O does it every day

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

You know who I blame??? I blame myself. I sit in front of that TV everynight, rooting on my RS. I live and breathe the RS. My heart pounds when there are 2 outs and the bases are loaded knowing they are going to leave them stranded. My hands are sweaty when Paps comes out of the bullpen, I'm horse from yelling at ....oh I don't know, any # of people. Papi for... not running hard, Tito for leaving a pitcher into long, Crawford for not catching a fly ball. This is entirely my fault, I'm the idiot who can't sleep at night after a tough loss, can't wait for 7:10pm, who schedules summer activities around the start time of the games. So I come to work tired from staying up to get through the rain delay, because honestly could they win if I wasn't planted in front of the screen? I think not! So yes, it's MY FAULT.....because as bad as I'm feeling they still go home to their mansions and millions. Who's the dope now???? With that being said..........SEE YA BACK HERE IN APRIL!!!!!                                      

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DEBeardsr. Show DEBeardsr's posts

Don't look now but i have been saying this all season long, Don't say I didn't tell you so. I have been around these @#$^%&^&^%$#@ Turkeys for more  than sixty years and I know how this sorry poor excuse for $HIT ALWAYS CHOKES at Crunchtime. Gloat,gloat, gloat, gloat.....Go Yankees.      

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bronx01. Show Bronx01's posts

The whole Red Sox organization is to blame. At the beginning of the season you all thought you were the best team of all time, because of the offseason signings. But you signed guys with no heart. The Red Sox need a major overhaul.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnDeckCircle. Show OnDeckCircle's posts

Somebody has to he held accountable for a team with such high expectations and deep failure and be assured it won't be John Henry, Tom Werner, or Larry Lucchino.

When the axe falls it won't be for just one piece of firewood.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

100% Epstein

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bballfan99. Show bballfan99's posts

it is a team sport---they all share it!  Fire the manager=== the pressure is too much for Carl , Lackey  and a few more.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I blame all the enablers of this soulless team, myself included, who brushed the mane of this pampered beast until it couldnt even be bothered to lead ittself to water

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

we are such a scapegoat society....wah wah wah, need to blame someone.

Blame everyone, even the fans to a considerably small extent, for putting pressure on the players, management, the players, pitching, timely hitting, fielding......it all just came apart.

There is no clear cut definitive thing that went wrong that we can focus all the attention on.....without looking like an idiot.

Our team stunk at end the year....time to get over it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3992292. Show user_3992292's posts

Blame mostly on starting pitchings!!!

Then goes to injuries!!

and for the staff, blame pitching coach and medical staff along with sport trainers!!!  Time for them to leave!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Plenty of blame to go around, but in the end , it was the inferior starting pitching that was biggest culprit.  I don't know how that could be any more obvious.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

How about we start by blaming the overpaid players for not doping their jobs??? These guys got payed alot of money and did nothing. These guys didnt do anything. From Pitching to Hitting they all sucked, big time. Yes there were injuries. I am not going to use them as an excuse. Other teams had injuries and did fine. Could Tito and Theo do a better job? Yes. Could the Sox have used more pitchers at the trade deadline? Yes. But they didnt go get them. reason is this team had enpought pitchers to do the job and they failed. Sick and tired of people alwasy going after the GM or the Coaches. We need to go after the players too and have them be responsible for what they do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

The RS played this season with a sense of entitlement. BHO would be proud!

Sections
Shortcuts