WHO WAS YOUR FIRST AUTOGRAPH?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: WHO WAS YOUR FIRST AUTOGRAPH?

In Response to Re: WHO WAS YOUR FIRST AUTOGRAPH?:
    I got Bob Stanley and Ellis Burks on the same night  - and the next day it was Jody Reed and Carlton Fisk (though Fisk was not with us at the time).   My friend and I went to spring training a few years back...a few, few years back... a few few few years back....cough... We'd go to the games during the day and hang out at the hotel bar at night waiting for a few of the players to show up.  Wow.  I totally sound like a Baseball Annie.  I'm just not even going to change that so you guys will think I'm cute. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25
    so, was it good for you?....Tongue outLaughing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnatDuke. Show JohnatDuke's posts

Reggie Cleveland and Carlton Fisk in 1975

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

mine was Freddie Patek from the Seattle Pilots

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Cannot remember, but in general I was gleaning over one of my prized autographed ball from a Sports Dinner in Boston and the first name I saw was Dick Williams. Also on the ball was Clemens, Eck, Lee Smith, Glavine, Rico

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Vada Pinson

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Jim Frey - 1970 -at the time he was bullpen coach of the Orioles.  I was sitting out near the visitors bullpen at the time.  He was signing autographs  -balls, programs, anything.  Jim Palmer was standing right next to him, refusing to give out autographs.  Lost Frey's autograph, but he went on to have a decent career as a coach and manager.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatgirl. Show Soxpatgirl's posts

Dick Williams -- December of 1967.  My mom was on the same bowling team as his wife Norma.  He came to the alley to pick her up.  I gave him a napkin to sign.  I still have it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

Frank Howard

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: WHO WAS YOUR FIRST AUTOGRAPH? :   This is all good stuff. Reading it all, I was oddly reminded of being REFUSED an autograph, outside Fenway Park in '70, I think it was , by Jerry Kenney of the Yanks. "No, man, I gotta catch a bus." he said.
    Posted by prknsdnld

Dont know if you remember the story I told about my dad and getting teddy ballgames graph at a Lynn sailors game..You had left a cool comment on it..He signed my program that night..I was like 10ish..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Batman signed a glossy photo of him and the bat mobile at a car show atthe worcester audtorium.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

Ron Johnson, NY Giants running back in the mid 70's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

slakrking,

the pilots only existed for one  year, 1969 and
    Patek played for PItt in 1969

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I have a doug flutie autograghed box of flutie flakes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Duke Snider, 1959. The Dodgers were playing the Giants at the LA Coliseum before they moved to Chavez Ravine.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: WHO WAS YOUR FIRST AUTOGRAPH? : I met Big Papi in 2004 and he gave me an autographed bottle of Dromostanolone.
    Posted by Camelwalk

Can't you guys keep this crap on your romper room thread?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scorieger. Show scorieger's posts

Gerry Grote - catcher for the Mets in the 70's

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I don't ask for aoutographs. I just thank them for the memories. There are few current players I would ever ask for their autograph. The only one I would probably ask for an autograph would be Derek Jeter. He has been a class act his whole career.
    Others are all retired Yaz, Mays, and a few other older guys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjnmjn. Show mjnmjn's posts

I went to my first game in 1959 with my grandfather. We sat several rows behind the Sox dugout along 1st base. My grandfather saw Johnny Pesky in front of the dugout and gave me a program and told me to run down and get his autograph. By the time I reached the bottom of the steps, Pesky had gone inside to the locker room. Curt Gowdy was near the dugout and saw me. He asked if I was trying to get Pesky's autograph and I told him I was. He took the program and went into the dugout after telling me to wait. A few minutes later he emerged with Pesky's autograph and gave it to me. That was my first game and my first autograph. It is also the reason I believe that Curt Gowdy was the finest announcer who ever lived.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

I got Bob Stanley and Ellis Burks on the same night  - and the next day it was Jody Reed and Carlton Fisk (though Fisk was not with us at the time).   My friend and I went to spring training a few years back...a few, few years back... a few few few years back....cough... We'd go to the games during the day and hang out at the hotel bar at night waiting for a few of the players to show up.  Wow.  I totally sound like a Baseball Annie.  I'm just not even going to change that so you guys will think I'm cute. 
    Posted by Yoshimi25

Baseball Annie, zahright.  One Beer Annie .... whole different story.....

But you'll always be cute ... unless we see you in Kill Bill 7 and the make up isn;t that good ...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

Steve Grogan, 1977 I was in Junior hs and they toured around playing basketball games for charity. They stopped and played a game with our schools teachers. I played basketball for our school so I got to shake hands with a couple but I only got the one autograph.

Sections
Shortcuts