Who will be a good candidate for batting coach ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Who will be a good candidate for batting coach ?

All the talk about trades and FA's on this forum, Cherington and company will need go out and find a top notch batting coach to work with the youth Iggy, Ciriaco, Middlebrooks, Gomez and Sweeney etc.

Did we not forget that Madagan is now in Texas? The other question the Sox hitting last year was also on the negative slide.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Who will be a good candidate for batting coach ?

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All the talk about trades and FA's on this forum, Cherington and company will need go out and find a top notch batting coach to work with the youth Iggy, Ciriaco, Middlebrooks, Gomez and Sweeney etc.

Did we not forget that Madagan is now in Texas? The other question the Sox hitting last year was also on the negative slide.

[/QUOTE]

Word has it that the Sox might be hiring 2 batting coaches. If they do this these coaches might serve a duel purpose as both a batting and fielding coach...i.e. one coach being a former infielder and the other a former outfielder.

The only name I've heard mentioned so far was Chili Davis...but he works for the A's now.

With the pitching coach named, I think Farrell will now start focusing on his batting coach(es) and bullpen coach...along with the 1st and 3rd base coaches.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell, unlike Valentine, is choosing his coaches.  He's hired a bench coach, 3rd base coach and pitching coach in a fairly short time.  I'm sure there is a list of hitting coaches on the radar.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Farrell, unlike Valentine, is choosing his coaches.  He's hired a bench coach, 3rd base coach and pitching coach in a fairly short time.  I'm sure there is a list of hitting coaches on the radar.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Word has it that the Sox might be hiring 2 batting coaches. If they do this these coaches might serve a duel purpose as both a batting and fielding coach...i.e. one coach being a former infielder and the other a former outfielder.

The only name I've heard mentioned so far was Chili Davis...but he works for the A's now.

With the pitching coach named, I think Farrell will now start focusing on his batting coach(es) and bullpen coach...along with the 1st and 3rd base coaches.

[/QUOTE]

Butterfield is the 3b coach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Butterfield is the 3b coach.

[/QUOTE]

You're right southpaw...I forgot they brought Butterfield in already.