Who will be Red Sox MVP for 2011 - Gonzalez, Pedroia or Ellsbury?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Re: Who will be Red Sox MVP for 2011 - Gonzalez, Pedroia or Ellsbury?

First three way tie in history... xD

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

All 3 are legitimate candidates indeed, not just for RS MVP, but for AL MVP.

I said a couple of weeks ago that I think Pedroia is the Red Sox MVP, and as of now, I'll  stick with that.  His offensive numbers might not be quite as flashy as the other two, but factor in his defense and his scrappiness, and he gets my vote.

How about that defensive play he made tonight?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

I believe that Gonzalez is the driving force in the line-up, it all is set up because of what he does in the three hole, he affects those hitting before and after him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Red Sox MVP for 2011 - Gonzalez, Pedroia or Ellsbury?:
       I believe that Gonzalez is the driving force in the line-up, it all is set up because of what he does in the three hole, he affects those hitting before and after him.
    Posted by attic-dan

No doubt Gonzalez affects those hitting before and after him.  But that goes both ways.  Gonzalez is also positively affected by being in a line with the guys hitting before and after him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

In Response to Re: Who will be Red Sox MVP for 2011 - Gonzalez, Pedroia or Ellsbury?:
    In Response to Re: Who will be Red Sox MVP for 2011 - Gonzalez, Pedroia or Ellsbury? : No doubt Gonzalez affects those hitting before and after him.  But that goes both ways.  Gonzalez is also positively affected by being in a line with the guys hitting before and after him.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi

Your point is well taken, but Gonzalez protects those around him more than they do him IMO. Most teams bat their best all around hitter 3rd, which the Sox do with Adrian, because that hitter is the one the rest of the offense revolves around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

3 guys all the middle of career years but I think it has to be Gonzalez. He is the players that scares opposing teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Beckett. He is without question the KEY. No one could have saw him putting together a year where he is basically a 1B to Lester's 1A. If Beckett stays healthy there is a very good chance we go to the world series. Without Beckett, absolutely no chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the___yazzer. Show the___yazzer's posts

this is a long shot, but i'm going with jd crawford.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

As of today, I would say Pedey by a nose.  Just seems like when he's on fire, so to is the team.  Gonzalez has been the more steady, and I cannot remember a 2/3 combo that compliment each other as well as these 2.  Jake has been a pleasant surprise and has exceeded expectations, but is a small step below the others as far as team MVP.

The final answer of course will come over the next 8 weeks as this pennant race starts to get serious.

As a side note, with the years that Jake, Pedey and Gonzalez are having in front of him, imagine the numbers Youk could be putting up if he weren't having a bit of a down year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

This was suggested in another thread..Ells for comback player of the year and Gonzo for AL MVP..Hes been steady all year where Pedey took a bit to get things going...Either way if one of them gets the MVP, it will be well deserved..

Sections
Shortcuts