Who will be the Red Sox lone All Star this year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Who will be the Red Sox lone All Star this year?

Remember when we used to have 6 guys on that team (2007) or our entire OF including the subs (1978).  Well, those days are long gone.

We'll get our sole rep just like the Stros and Padres and every other loser team with a sub 50 mil payroll.  Anyways........I don't even think it will be Ortiz this year given VMart's #'s........

I think it will and should be Koji.  And no one else is deserving this year. 

I think the last time we only had 1 guy was in 2001 w/ Manny.  Usually we have 3 or 4.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Who will be the Red Sox lone All Star this year?

Koji is the surest bet. There may be one or two others. Not probable maybe, but certainly possible. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

Koji and a slight chance for Lackey. Not sure anyone else on the SOX would even qualify for the celebrity soft ball game. Well, maybe Holt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

Koji is a lock for the all star game, 0.63 ERA. 12 strikeouts and 1 walk per 9 innings pitched. 

You can't pitch better than that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

My vote is for koji also.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

I remember back in the day you voted at the game, no computers back then.  They passed the ballots out and you filled them in during the game.  

I was at the game as a kid with my dad.  I filled in the sox for all positions, my dad was sure annoyed with me!  He took it very seriously and told me I should vote for the best player for the position.  As far as I was concerned the sox fit the bill!  Of course I didn't know a whole lot about the other players so the sox were my best choice.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.  

Eleanor Roosevelt

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember back in the day you voted at the game, no computers back then.  They passed the ballots out and you filled them in during the game.  

I was at the game as a kid with my dad.  I filled in the sox for all positions, my dad was sure annoyed with me!  He took it very seriously and told me I should vote for the best player for the position.  As far as I was concerned the sox fit the bill!  Of course I didn't know a whole lot about the other players so the sox were my best choice.

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Your dad was right.  It shouldn't be a popularity contest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Eleanor Roosevelt

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]
    Yes he was but I was a stupid kid, what can I say.  

[object HTMLDivElement]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I remember when I was a kid . One time at Yankee Stadium. Filled out my ballot. You were supposed to drop them in a barrel on the way out. When I dropped mine in, I noticed that there had to be thousands of ballots in there. Some soaking wet, some torn or bent, some soiled with mustard, etc. I thought to myself, no one is going to sort this mess out and tabulate the votes. This whole thing will go right into the trash. Disillusionment.

Stabbed by Foulke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember when I was a kid . One time at Yankee Stadium. Filled out my ballot. You were supposed to drop them in a barrel on the way out. When I dropped mine in, I noticed that there had to be thousands of ballots in there. Some soaking wet, some torn or bent, some soiled with mustard, etc. I thought to myself, no one is going to sort this mess out and tabulate the votes. This whole thing will go right into the trash. Disillusionment.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

Not so bad if that meant fewer votes for the yanks!  Sorry yank friends
    [object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stabbed by Foulke.

Not so bad if that meant fewer votes for the yanks!  Sorry yank friends
    [object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

Yankees don't have the players to vote for 67.

Except in the case of Jeter who'll get the fan sentimental vote.

Tanaka is the only true all star and maybe Betances.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why not Papi? he's got good enough power numbers to be at least a sub

As always - 100% correct!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

How about Drew? He will be about equal in production with the highest vote getter for the shortstop position....Jeter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about Drew? He will be about equal in production with the highest vote getter for the shortstop position....Jeter.

[/QUOTE]

You're thinking of the All-Overpaid Team.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember when we used to have 6 guys on that team (2007) or our entire OF including the subs (1978).  Well, those days are long gone.

We'll get our sole rep just like the Stros and Padres and every other loser team with a sub 50 mil payroll.  Anyways........I don't even think it will be Ortiz this year given VMart's #'s........

I think the last time we only had 1 guy was in 2001 w/ Manny.  Usually we have 3 or 4.........

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Remember 2007, Andrew?  You were merciless in nailing the sorry Sox for all the misdeeds, not to mention a post season to forget.

Remember 1978, Andrew?  Again, a collection of stars, but I cannot say I recall your postings from there or then.

But do you remember those teams holding up the World Series trophy?  Do you remember those teams visiting the White House as World Series champs?

Yes, those days are gone.

Instead, we have some less heralded players, some developing players and something any of those Sox All Stars would love - a Championship team.

You are a weird one, Andrew.  You are always sure the worst is about to happen, is happening and never  recall the successes unless they support your current moaning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As long as fans are voting, it will remain largely a popularity contest.

Fans are going to vote for who they want to see, not who is most deserving.

Not that it's right, but I can understand.  That's what fans do.

Gold Glove voting, OTOH.....

Managers and coaches should know better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Remember 2007, Andrew?  You were merciless in nailing the sorry Sox for all the misdeeds, not to mention a post season to forget.

Remember 1978, Andrew?  Again, a collection of stars, but I cannot say I recall your postings from there or then.

But do you remember those teams holding up the World Series trophy?  Do you remember those teams visiting the White House as World Series champs?

Yes, those days are gone.

Instead, we have some less heralded players, some developing players and something any of those Sox All Stars would love - a Championship team.

You are a weird one, Andrew.  You are always sure the worst is about to happen, is happening and never  recall the successes unless they support your current moaning.

[/QUOTE]

I defy you to show me my posts from 2007 where I was "merciless in nailing the sorry Sox for all the misdeeds".  good luck.  until then (and forever) you are one big delusional liar

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Maybe it's just me, but the whole thing seems like a joke when fans can vote 35 times for each e-mail address.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

A no-brainer (my kind of question): Uehara

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Uehara and Lack ... Oh, and Ortiz ... Not because he deserves , just in a popularity contest vote:  just to get all the Papi haters riled up. :0   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uehara and Lack ... Oh, and Ortiz ... Not because he deserves , just in a popularity contest vote:  just to get all the Papi haters riled up. :0   [/QUOTE]

Who would hate Ortiz other than a yankee fan?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uehara and Lack ... Oh, and Ortiz ... Not because he deserves , just in a popularity contest vote:  just to get all the Papi haters riled up. :0   [/QUOTE]

Who would hate Ortiz other than a yankee fan?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

... I know ... Right?? ...