Who will win the ALCS 2012?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Who will win the ALCS 2012?

The Indians hopes depend on the recoveries or resurgences of 3 players: Sizemore, Shin-Soo, and Jimenez.  Their bullpen is very good it should be noted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In Response to Re: Who will win the ALCS 2012?:
    [QUOTE]2012 AL East FINAL Standings: 1) Tampa Bay 2) New York Stinkees 3) Toronto Blyue Jays 4) 'Sox 5) Dan Dukester's Orioles You heard it here FIRST!!
    Posted by 68fbrd[/QUOTE]

Blue Jays over Sox? Tampa wins the division? You have very creative thinkings my friend.  Even though Tampa will have a super rookie Matt Moore, I doubt James Shields will repeat his 2011 stats.  I think '12 Rays will be about the same as '11 and will be around 90-93 wins and that's not enough for winning the toughest division in the league. 
    IMO, Yankees and Sox will have identical record at about 97-100 wins and Sox winning the division by winning the head-to-head match ups against the Yankees.  So here is my 2012 standing.. roughly...

1. Boston Red Sox (99-63) *Sox having winning record against Yankees
    2. New York Yankees (99-63)
    3. Tampa Bay Rays (93-69)
    4. Toronto Blue Jays (87-75)
    5. Baltimore Orioles (77-85)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]The Rays have done zero to improve their chances. They need a bat, and not a mini-bat but a 30 homer 100 ribbie bat. They can trade one starting pitcher for this, and perhaps they still will. Otherwise Tampa will not achieve what they did in 2011. In decline.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

But thought that the Rays would be on the decline last year after they lost alot their own talents to free agency.....still they made in the playoff.  

Reason Rays are able to make into the playoff three times in the past four years is the injuries to either Yankees or Boston in the past four years.  Plus Rays have a very good farm system where they can make alot of moves to make the team stronger.  That was Rays's advantage over Boston or Yankees in the past four years.  

But as of today for these three teams, they are pretty even against each other. All three teams have weakness.  So whoever have the most injuries especially in the first half of the year, it is more likely that they will not be able to catch up either the top two teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaythis. Show kimsaythis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win the ALCS 2012? : since none of them are neutral. I picked the angels sounds neutral 2 me or am I not a MFYfan this week in your world of delusion If the Yankees win the ALCS -- where is Colon, anyone keeping track of him and his "repairs"? lol why keep track seein how he's not on the team anymore but please............. you keep shoveling it
    Posted by pinstripezac[/QUOTE]

Zac, no one believes you voted for the Angels.  You clearly voted for the Yankees.  This is a Red Sox board, Yankee fans shouldn't even be allowed to vote in these polls.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If the Rays want to be a serious threat to win the WS they simply need to ad a strong bat. Simple. You would think their ownership would go trade for a 2013 FA batter while their window remains open.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

- The Rays have done zero to improve their chances. They need a bat, and not a mini-bat but a 30 homer 100 ribbie bat. They can trade one starting pitcher for this, and perhaps they still will. Otherwise Tampa will not achieve what they did in 2011. In decline.

the rays will have matt moore most likely for the whole season, that is a big upgrade.  yes, they still need a big bat though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I totally agree with you all that Rays do need a bat.  But you know the owner of the Rays is too cheap to buy player.  And also if they want to make a trade, it is more likely that they have to part away one of their top two starting pitcher (like Shield?) and a positional player such as Joyce for a talent bat.  But you know the Rays are alway too afraid to make a blockbuster trade every year.  Reason is that Rays do not want to get a talent bat who is due to have a big time contract extension.  Or do not want to weaken their starting rotation.  

Rays will alway be Rays every year!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

If I am the Rays I trade one of my starters (not Shields) for a pending 2013 FA, there must be at least a couple of position players who would make the world of difference to the team. It can be someone to hit before or after Longoria but either way Longoria needs help.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who will win the ALCS 2012? : Great. Another neutral fan. Just what a team board needs.  You NY boys love neutral fans on a Sox board. FTR I think your poll just shows how many more Yankee fans there are here, since none of them are neutral. If the Yankees win the ALCS -- where is Colon, anyone keeping track of him and his "repairs"? lol -- and I'm still here next off-season, I will add "the Yankee fans were right" to my sig line until April. They should hope that Sabbathia and Colon both lose some weight since, apparently, pitchers can't be fat and win. And they both make Josh Beckett look like Allie McBeal. :)
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

Kim - Colon isn't on the NY roster right now. Not likely they will resign him at this point.

Sections
Shortcuts