Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club?

I heard this Club has ties with The Rubber Room.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I can partly understand why Softy doesn't like Wastefield, V-Tek, Lowrie, Lackey & the Crawford signing; however, besides Ells's injury and partial freakout yr in 2010, I can't understand why he has a problem with him. He's a good OFer, who with his speed & athleticism makes many a circus catch, and who's only knock is he doesn't remind people of DiMaggio with his routes to the ball (And that can improve); his arm is at least average (for a MLB Starting CFer), accurate, and underrated; is arguably the biggest SB threat in the league, has power potential, was on the AS team, was lights out in the 2007 PS as a just called up rookie, and can flat out rake against all types of pitching. Can somebody try to explain his thinking?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club?:
    [QUOTE]Steve, Ellsbury does not have an average arm. Career year's are not careers. Post Ellsbury's career OPS v. LHP. Red Sox have nothing in the OF with career slugging proficiency v. LHP. Theo is currently locked with one Crawbust #6 hitter contract and is now looking in KC and Long Island Dumpsters for a RH OF'er. Reddick is not the answer for v. LHP slugging, long term, but he's quite adequate as near zero cost CF'er for the next 3 years or more.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Softy, 

I was at a RS/Pitt Game this yr; with an eagle eye view of Ellsbury's throws. I know what I saw. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Steve, Soxprospects says he has a below average arm. Even his Hall of Fame annointers admit he has a weak arm. Eagles have eagle eye views. You need to chech your eyes for cataracts. Even the slow runners just tag up and advance at will on Ellsbury. See Crawford, 2010.

Nah, my vision is fine; and to compare Ellsbury's arm to Crawford's is, well, ridiculous. Ellsbury's throws were not rainbows, and they were accurate. Did they remind me of Colavito or Clemente? No.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

Im with Roy on this one, I want to be a member but at my age I could get stuck in some gawd awful position and I would need to make up some type of SOFT lie to get me out of it! AND BTW anyone that thinks they can have sex in the bathroom on a plane is crazy, theres not enough room to have sex with yourself never mind another person .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

Compare Ellsbury's batting line to Gonzalez? Very, very similar except for the RBIs.

Ellsbury, Pedroia, and Gonzalez are all MVP candidates this year. Youkilis too,  'cause I'm feeling generous today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Steve, Soxprospects says he has a below average arm. Even his Hall of Fame annointers admit he has a weak arm. Eagles have eagle eye views. You need to chech your eyes for cataracts. Even the slow runners just tag up and advance at will on Ellsbury. See Crawford, 2010.

Yeah, cause seeing him live isnt as good as what someone wrote about him on sox prospects when he was a prospect..His arm accuracy and strength have improved..No, he doesnt have a howitzer for an arm, but a decent, accurate one none the less..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club? : Yeah, cause seeing him live isnt as good as what someone wrote about him on sox prospects when he was a prospect..His arm accuracy and strength have improved..No, he doesnt have a howitzer for an arm, but a decent, accurate one none the less..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

I agree.  even if the arm was still weak, he is one of the best in the game.  Mr. Damon fashioned himself a nice, winning, career throwing like Mary!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club? : I agree.  even if the arm was still weak, he is one of the best in the game.  Mr. Damon fashioned himself a nice, winning, career throwing like Mary!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Ells doesn't throw like Mary; and southpaw said what I wanted to, but didn't. There is no substitute for seeing somebody live, and he DOES have a decent & accurate arm.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club? : Yeah, cause seeing him live isnt as good as what someone wrote about him on sox prospects when he was a prospect..His arm accuracy and strength have improved..No, he doesnt have a howitzer for an arm, but a decent, accurate one none the less..
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

IF Soxprospects.com says soooo, it must be true! not only then but for all of time!!!

I mean if your going to tell me that Ellsbury can 'magically' improve in the outfield the next thing you'll be telling me is that his AVG, OBP, HR, RBI,2B, OPS, and SLG have all improved over the years as well.....oh, wait, NVMD. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

CT, I think Ellsbury's arm has improved from "bad" to "below average"? Not something I worry about daily, though. :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Me neither, I'd rather have good arms in left and right with a guy who can run and cover ground in center. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Me neither, I'd rather have good arms in left and right with a guy who can run and cover ground in center. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

LF is not really the "OF" arm position; I'd rather have it in right, then center.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

well....I'd agree that I want RF first.  conventional wisdom has always been to have a good arm in right, to be honest with this I'm not sure why.  I would figure with more betters being right handed, that naturally you would want an arm in left field, right?  If more players are right handed then isn't there more of a chance of potential game winning hits being hit to left field as opposed to right field.

Oh wait I think I may have answered my own question.  It's because a right fielder doesn't just need to throw to the plate but he has to be able to throw all the way across to third base.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe------------. Show -TheBabe------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club? : Really? That explains it all! Softy is from the future, at a time when we have more states. He sees that Ellsbury will someday be asked to drive the team bus from the hotel to Yankee stadium, and will fail to yield the right of way to an oncoming truck. The entire team will be either hurt or killed. Softy is trying to protect our team by getting rid of Ellsbury before it's too late. Take it easy on him! Softy is Scot Bakula--trying to set right what once went so horribly wrong. It's why he has so many identities. Every day he "awakes to a face that's not his own." Softy is our loveable leaper!

Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

You idiot. The 59 states refers to when our fool of a president said he had visited 57 states with one more to go, Alaska and Hawaii. Obviously math isn't the messiah's strong suit. Or is it because there are 57 muslim states in the OIC?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

If you watch Ellsbury he keeps his throws low and almost always hits the cut off guy. Do I think he could go all the way to the plate sometimes and maybe hurry his throw a little more? Yes, but he has played several years now with almost no errors at all. The guy may not be that flashy of an arm but it is a very effective arm. He's the guy who often makes Pedroia look good on those plays to the plate.

I even think he would be an excellent RF for us in Fenway. His numbers have been great there in the past.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]I can partly understand why Softy doesn't like Wastefield , V-Tek, Lowrie, Lackey & the Crawford signing; however, besides Ells's injury and partial freakout yr in 2010, I can't understand why he has a problem with him. He's a good OFer, who with his speed & athleticism makes many a circus catch, and who's only knock is he doesn't remind people of DiMaggio with his routes to the ball (And that can improve); his arm is at least average (for a MLB Starting CFer), accurate, and underrated; is arguably the biggest SB threat in the league, has power potential, was on the AS team, was lights out in the 2007 PS as a just called up rookie , and can flat out rake against all types of pitching. Can somebody try to explain his thinking?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

He is pretending to hate Ellsbury.
    He is an obvious troll and enjoys it immensely.
    He enjoys being contrary and stirring the pot.
    Loves playing the devil's advocate.

But then everyone already was aware of this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I'm in too.
    This is best response to tiresome repetitive rants ( though to be fair, 59 states poke at Dumb-o-bama WAS good).

Do we get passwords, secret handshakes, and cool nicknames ?

The first rule of Reverse Pivot Club is : You don't talk about Reverse Pivot Club.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club? : You idiot. The 59 states refers to when our fool of a president said he had visited 57 states with one more to go, Alaska and Hawaii. Obviously math isn't the messiah's strong suit. Or is it because there are 57 muslim states in the OIC?!
    Posted by -TheBabe------------[/QUOTE]

I guess we should change your name to Sean Hannity.  I love how a slip of the tongue can take on a life of its own.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club? : I guess we should change your name to Sean Hannity.  I love how a slip of the tongue can take on a life of its own.

Sean Hannity would take offense. He wouldn't want to be confused with a mooch.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club? : I guess we should change your name to Sean Hannity.  I love how a slip of the tongue can take on a life of its own.

If any leading member of the GOP had said the US has 57 states MSNBC would roll that story every 20 minutes, its a bit different when the POTUS slips up because he is special to them!  Chris Matthews w a tingle up his leg, I still can't believe he actually went so far as to say that!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who Would Like to Join the Reverse Pivot Club? : Slip of the tongue?!! C'mon now, even a person with a pea sized brain such as yourself knows that there are 50 states.
    Posted by -TheBabe------------[/QUOTE]

Considering Obama was the Editor-In-Chief of the Harvard Law Review while at Harvard Law School (And he didn't even have some good ol' boy Daddy to sneak him in, unlike his predecessor), and considering you think that states comment wasn't a slip of the tongue; says more about you than anything else. And quite frankly, I didn't need this info to know how clueless you truly are.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Softlaw used to be obsessed also with the 59 States slip-up. It figures that Softlaw and Babe have the same political views. They are both Tar Heel fans also - go figure.