Who would you be willing to trade? What would you expect to get in return? Name Names...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Who would you be willing to trade? What would you expect to get in return? Name Names...

Xander, Betts, Holt,Owens, Ranaudo, Marrero, Wright, Webster, RDLR, Workman, Pedroia, Nap, Ortiz?

Keep in mind the position and how you would replace them.

We know the usual suspects mentioned every day: Lester, Ue, Taz and Miller. They will be a challenge to replace but they are replaceable.

Heard the name Gregory Polanco, Springer, Seager,  Pederson, etc. Are our young guys comparable to other teams? 

The Dodgers may be willing to part with some young guys if they could extend Lester, Miller and Ue.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Who would you be willing to trade? What would you expect to get in return? Name Names...

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Xander, Betts, Holt,Owens, Ranaudo, Marrero, Wright, Webster, RDLR, Workman, Pedroia, Nap, Ortiz?

We know the usual suspects mentioned every day: Lester, Ue, Taz and Miller. They will be a challenge to replace but they are replaceable.

Heard the name Gregory Polanco, Springer, Seager,  Pederson, etc. Are our young guys comparable to other teams? 

The Dodgers may be willing to part with some young guys if they could extend Lester, Miller and Ue.

Our Farm system was ranked #2-#5 leading into this year.  Betts would have been ranked on the mid season rankings between the #3-#12 range, he is on a comparable level to Pederson in terms of status, Bogaerts was higher than any of those guys or our own guys and he's still just 21.  I would love to have some of those names you mentioned, but I don't think it happens unless you trade Lester.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

Re: Who would you be willing to trade? What would you expect to get in return? Name Names...

I would not trade Ranaudo or Owens, just look at their numbers...better trade de la rosa or Webster...I would search mainly for 2 solid hitters, a younger closer and a righty to go along with Lester... Most everybody is tradeable, depending of what you get... Sox need to fill many holes at this moment, it is no easy task...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

It's only useless conversation unless we're talking who to and for whom. Everyone has a price.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[/QUOTE]

Almost anyone except Pede, Papi, De La Rosa, Owens, maybe Renaudo, Betts, Swihart, Vasquez or possibly Marrero unless we could trade for someone like Tulo.   Even Lester if we haul in more good prospects and still sign him.  Like many of us stated, this team has too many OF candidates with no power and not enough guys with solid IF skill.  JBJ may be the one to keep for CF but he still has much to prove offensively.  Any combination of guys like Clay, Doub, Lav, Webster, Renaudo, Barnes, Workman, Bogy, Middy, Cecchini, Holt, JBJ and a few others could land a big long term big bat or two at SS, 3B or the OF who can also play solid defense.  Keep collecting the prospects and solve the problem.  If any team has the resources it's the Red Sox so lets move on in the right direction. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Keepers (based on what I think we would get, example, we get nothing for Ross while he'd be a good tutor for Vazquez)

• Vazquez, Ross, Papi, Pedey, Bogaerts, Betts, JBJ, Marrero, Nava, Buchholz (unless he redeems his value)

Guys that you have to really twist my arm to trade

• Naps (need someone for next year with power)
    • Holt (he's probably playing at peak productin, and not sure where he plays in the future)

Gone (assumes we don't extend)

• Lester (return is way too high to dismiss)
    • Koji (Value)
    • Miller (value)
    • Badenhop, Gomes, Carp, Drew-Fishing expedition, see if you could hook someone for a Corey Black return that Soriano fetched last year

I consider the prospects to be value-neutral.  If we need a Barnes, Renaudo, etc., to complete a Urias trade, so be it.

The only other prospect I would consider moving is Swihart.  It is unusual to have a team develop two catchers simultaneously.  I like what I see in Vazquez, so I'd be interested in seeing if LAD were interested in him.  It might help expand the parameters of a Lester trade.  Somewhere along the lines of Lester/Swihart for Urias/Pederson.

The only guy I really want is Urias.  His succes compares favorably to guys like Hernandez and Fernandez at this age.  It's hard to believe he is getting guys out regularly in A+ and is still not 18.  Seager would be great, but we'd have to pay heavy for him, and I don't knowwhere he fits.

Give me Urias and I don't care about the rest of the off-season.

Sections
Shortcuts