Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20?

In Response to Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20?:
    [QUOTE]Who would you choose? Suggestions: Carl Yastrzemski Pedro Martinez Carlton Fisk Tim Wakefield Dave Roberts Curt Schilling Every available member of the 2004 Red Sox
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
     Lou Lucier. Oldest living former Sox player.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20?

Bucky Dent

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Or Pedro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20? : I was thinking the same thing. Doeer and Pesky are both in their 90s so they'd have to be contenders.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

They are probably the oldest living Red Sox players.  I wouldn't imagine that many would be much older than them. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20? : Jim where did you get that from. Whoever wrote the headline for that piece needs a lesson in headline writing. I never saw where he was putting down today's high-paid athletes.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    http://www.retirementhomes.com/library/oldest-living-red-sox-puts-down-high-paid-athletes/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

Gotta tell ya, when the talk turns to The Face of the Red Sox, for many of us that "face" is Johnny Pesky.  Pesky has made baseball his life, finding the desire to remain a part of the franchise for decades after his retirement as a player. 

I've been a Sox fan all my life and only two things have literally brought tears to my eyes.  The first was in 1999 when I was privileged to be at the All-Star game when Ted Williams came onto the field.  
    The second was being able to witness (on TV) what I believe was the best day of Johnny Pesky's life - the day he got to raise the World Championship flag for 2004 over Fenway Park.

In my mind there's only one person who should throw out the first pitch commorating 100 years of Fenway Park and that's Johnny Pesky. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Yaz throwing to Fisk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

They should have 3 throwing it out. Pesky/Doerr  Yaz/Fisk   and Pedro/Varitek  I don't think they can find a catcher of any status for the Pesky/Doerr era

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]They should have 3 throwing it out. Pesky/Doerr  Yaz/Fisk   and Pedro/Varitek  I don't think they can find a catcher of any status for the Pesky/Doerr era
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Happy Opening Day, upper. Best day of the season, unless we're the last team standing. LL alluded to there will be more than one

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to "Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20?": [QUOTE]They should have 3 throwing it out. Pesky/Doerr  Yaz/Fisk   and Pedro/Varitek  I don't think they can find a catcher of any status for the Pesky/Doerr era Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE] I think you are on to something with the generational thing. Too bad about Roger blowing up (literally), sat in lower box seats once when he pitched (1986 pre roids) and the hum of his fastball put the hair up on my kneck. I think Jim Ed may take part given his HOF status.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20?": I think you are on to something with the generational thing. Too bad about Roger blowing up (literally), sat in lower box seats once when he pitched (1986 pre roids) and the hum of his fastball put the hair up on my kneck. I think Jim Ed may take part given his HOF status.
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

Doerr lives out in Oregon I think.Fishing his golden years away.so may be tough getting him back so Rice would be a good choice. Let's go one step further with the generational thing and help out the Sox PR folks too.. 4th tandem with Iglesias to Lavarnway. The fans would love it

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20? : Happy Opening Day, upper. Best day of the season, unless we're the last team standing. LL alluded to there will be more than one
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Same to you J Bay.....I'm sitting on the lake with a sunny warm day looking at a snow covered mountain in the distance.....got some coffee for the 1st 3 innings, a few beers for 4,5, and 6, and hopefully a shot or 2 of Bushmills for the WIN!   hahaha.......... Jim Lonborg would be a good choice for throwing out a ball too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20? : Same to you J Bay.....I'm sitting on the lake with a sunny warm day looking at a snow covered mountain in the distance.....got some coffee for the 1st 3 innings, a few beers for 4,5, and 6, and hopefully a shot or 2 of Bushmills for the WIN!   hahaha.......... Jim Lonborg would be a good choice for throwing out a ball too

coffee to shots sounds good to me....co-workers daughter lives in scutuite mass, where Jim Lonborg also lives and has his dental practice. She was telling me about a problem her grandson was having with his teeth and said her daughter was going to talk with Dr. Lonborg. I asked Jim Lonborg?...she asked surprisingly, ya do you know him?! I said uh, no, of him, she said really how?? LOL 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nonola. Show nonola's posts

Without a doubt Pesky. Second choice would be all the hallafamers available.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20? : coffee to shots sounds good to me....co-workers daughter lives in scutuite mass, where Jim Lonborg also lives and has his dental practice. She was telling me about a problem her grandson was having with his teeth and said her daughter was going to talk with Dr. Lonborg. I asked Jim Lonborg?...she asked surprisingly, ya do you know him?! I said uh, no, of him, she said really how?? LOL 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

He also was a reserve in the military and Yawkey flew him back and forth between that obligation and pitching his spot in the rotation. He did start the rally in 67' so  I'd have him there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20? : He also was a reserve in the military and Yawkey flew him back and forth between that obligation and pitching his spot in the rotation. He did start the rally in 67' so  I'd have him there.

If you didn't see it, look at the photo gerom posted on his believe thread. 6 servicemen in front of the six retired numbers in the back with the red sox flag. . Jiminforida made it his avatar. Still remember when the broke his leg skiing, think that started the contracts limiting the off season activity's. Lonborg and his wife also do alot of work for the Jimmy Fund

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who would you like to see throw the first pitch at Fenway’s 100th Anniversary Game vs. the Yanks on April 20? : If you didn't see it, look at the photo gerom posted on his believe thread. 6 servicemen in front of the six retired numbers in the back with the red sox flag. . Jiminforida made it his avatar. Still remember when the broke his leg skiing, think that started the contracts limiting the off season activity's. Lonborg and his wife also do alot of work for the Jimmy Fund
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Saw the photo. A little piece of home for those guys. Gotta love it.The Celtics do a GREAT job with their seats for servicemen program too. Never served myself but God help us without those brave men and women risking their lives for the politicians

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

my list goes like this

for the series

1-Pesky
    2-Doeer
    3-Pedro

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

How about a 100-year-old Red Sox fan who's capable of doing the job.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from phxvlsoxfan. Show phxvlsoxfan's posts

Pedro,
    and if he throws a strike, mid 90's with movement in the zone, immediately sign him to a contract.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bucky Dent. Show Bucky Dent's posts

I'm available!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Pesky as this will not hurt many players feelings. There is just too many that are worthy.

Have all the attendees line up from the Pesky Pole with John leading them all to the mound...

This is going to be great. I am taking my brother Jimmy Fox...(oneX)...

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts