Who would you rather play in the ALCS: Tigers or A's?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Who would you rather play in the ALCS: Tigers or A's?

I would rather see the Sox play Oakland but I think they can beat Det also. The thing about Det is get into that bullpen and anything can happen. The only reliable arms they had all season were Benoit & Smyly outside of those 2 the rest was terrible.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to RedSoxFireman's comment:

I know this Board, and many will waffle and say "I don't care which one and/or I don't want to say for fear of losing to the team I say I'd rather play in the ALCS".

Even with Miggy hurt, this wounded bear will be dangerous in Fenway, along with Fielder and a redhot VMart. Tigers proved they were the better team over a 7 game series this season, but it's now going to be a 7 game series compressed at a later time in the season. 

No doubt, Red Sox chances of winning are better if it's the A's. So, I hope the Red Sox ALCS opponent is the A's. However, the A's won't be the pushover the pitiful Rays were. 

But Detriots's starting rotation for the ALCS is all messed up cuz today they will use Verlander while Scherzer pitched twice in four days span.  I am sure Leyand is going to pencil in Scherzer for game 2.  Still he will only have three days rested.  Then going back to Detriot, I am sure that Boston will face Sanchez in game #3 where Boston can set the tone of trying to win the series in Detriot if Boston win the first two games in Boston.

I do not see it wouldnt matter much who do Boston will face.  Playing against Oakland in Boston is alot easier than playing against Detriot.  Oakland never play well in cold weather in their last many post season.   Detriot have.  But playing in Oakland may be tougher than playing in Detriot cuz if the ball park size.  

I just do hope that both Detriot and Oakland goes to 25 innings where they forced themselves to use all 11 pitchers for that game!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

I would rather see the Sox play Oakland but I think they can beat Det also. The thing about Det is get into that bullpen and anything can happen. The only reliable arms they had all season were Benoit & Smyly outside of those 2 the rest was terrible.   

I'll take the Tigers.

Cabrera isn't the same and while the Tiger's starting rotation is tough, the A's bullpen is much better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I don't care which one and/or I don't want to say for fear of losing to the team I say I'd rather play in the ALCS

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm just happy the Red Sox still playing.Bring on either team,Boston can beat both of them.

"Another day closer to the parade"

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I would rather play Ellsbury, but would be ok if Victorino won today too.        

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Sections
Shortcuts