Whole new lineup for 2012.. This really can happen guys...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Whole new lineup for 2012.. This really can happen guys...

True. And Marmaduke could play left field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Whole new lineup for 2012.. This really can happen guys...:
    If you are going to trade Ellsbury, then why not trade Pedroia, Aceves, etc. All guys who help the Sox win. Silly. You don't trade Ellsbury because in 2 yrs his contract is up. You look at trading guys who are just passing their prime-Youk, Beckett, Lowrie, Bard, Salty, etc. It makes no sense to trade Ells. Who is going to replace him: Beltan. Give me a break.
    Posted by antiqueman1

Jacoby Ellsbury or Dustin Pedroia would bring back more in trade than would Kevin Youkilis, Josh Beckett, Jed Lowrie, Daniel Bard or Saltalamacchia. Some teams embrace the philosophy of buying low and selling high.

I'm not advocating a trade of Ellsbury or Pedroia, but Red Sox cannot rule out a trade of either if the Sox want valuable players in return.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Wow! Such ideas!
    Coco Crisp in RF, with his pop gun bat and noodle arm. Great!
    For the millionth time, Willingham CAN'T PLAY RF! 
    Beltram makes Drew look like Cal Ripken.
    I think Papi in RF. Tek at SS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I see the sox letting Paps and Papi go.  Those 2 picks each and $ saved are worth the gamble on replacements.  Youk Lavarnway lowrie aviles to replace Papi, sign 2 setup men(bard to close) and starting pitcher, sign RF or SS to add to lineup.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I see the sox letting Paps and Papi go.  Those 2 picks each and $ saved are worth the gamble on replacements.  Youk Lavarnway lowrie aviles to replace Papi, sign 2 setup men(bard to close) and starting pitcher, sign RF or SS to add to lineup.
    Posted by adam4522

To get the draft picks, the Red Sox would need to assume the risk that David Ortiz would accept an offer of arbitration (and a lesser risk that Jonathan Papelbon would accept arbitration).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Aramamis Ramirez and Beltran? Surely you jest.  I thought you wanted to get better not worse.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Here we have Hill who is a Seatle fan and Burrito is a troll. Aren't we having fun here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Whole new lineup for 2012.. This really can happen guys... : Jacoby Ellsbury or Dustin Pedroia would bring back more in trade than would Kevin Youkilis, Josh Beckett, Jed Lowrie, Daniel Bard or Saltalamacchia. Some teams embrace the philosophy of buying low and selling high. I'm not advocating a trade of Ellsbury or Pedroia, but Red Sox cannot rule out a trade of either if the Sox want valuable players in return.
    Posted by hill55

Hill - I disagree - a team needs a core and Pedey and Els sure look like that to me.

However, as a Yankee fan, I would be more than happy to see both of them wearing another uniform.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

In Response to Re: Whole new lineup for 2012.. This really can happen guys... : Hill - I disagree - a team needs a core and Pedey and Els sure look like that to me. However, as a Yankee fan, I would be more than happy to see both of them wearing another uniform.
    Posted by jesseyeric

I'd be happier to see Verlander in another uniform right now.  If CC doesn't come back and put up a zero this inning, this series is over!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4414696. Show user_4414696's posts

In Response to Re: Whole new lineup for 2012.. This really can happen guys... : Hill - I disagree - a team needs a core and Pedey and Els sure look like that to me. However, as a Yankee fan, I would be more than happy to see both of them wearing another uniform.
    Posted by jesseyeric

and......thats all she wrote.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Posted by jesseyeric

The Red Sox finished in third place in the AL East despite leading all of baseball in runs scored. The current Red Sox "core" is concentrated in their hitters. With the Boston farm system barren of top-flight pitching prospects, a trade of a top hitter for a top pitcher might make some sense.

Or not.Smile

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadow721. Show Shadow721's posts

Fenway WS tickets for sale cheap....great seats available....plenty of parking...no bathroom or concession lines!                                  

Sections
Shortcuts