Who's still a Red Sox Fan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beachylee. Show beachylee's posts

Re: Who's still a Red Sox Fan?

The worst team ever....no excuse ...sell them all ...start over..oh this will hurt the owners...because Red Sox Nation needs to inflict some pain themselves....no show!!!don't go to the games......take this so called giant down

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Veritas007. Show Veritas007's posts

This game was lost with the inability of this team to perform the basics. They blow a six run lead, and Ellsbury once again can't get the runner home with men on 1st and 3rd and one out.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks. Show RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks's posts

ride or die Red Sox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where's softy's updated "do the math" rant?

We score first, we win...right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Who's still a Red Sox Fan?:
    [QUOTE]ride or die Red Sox
    Posted by RedSox_Giants_Devils_Nicks[/QUOTE]Let's ride killer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeFoyFan. Show JoeFoyFan's posts

I'll always stick with the Sox but I despise their deterioration over the past couple of years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Is you is, or is you ain't?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

BoSox4Life.  'Nuf said.  Wouldn't be able to be me without them!

My wife knew when she was marrying me that the Sox were part of the deal.  No matter what........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

[QUOTE]Is you is, or is you ain't?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Where's the cat slapping the bass?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JetsMangione. Show JetsMangione's posts

Nope. I used to be a fan but have grown bored of baseball and disgusted by the Red Sox. They're pathetic and it wouldn't bother me if they disbanded or moved to another city. 

Just giving an honest answer here. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]This game was lost with the inability of this team to perform the basics. They blow a six run lead, and Ellsbury once again can't get the runner home with men on 1st and 3rd and one out.
    Posted by Veritas007[/QUOTE]
    Yup.
    Ellsbury did not adjust to the situation. He took his biggest cut instead of leveling off. Was he dreaming of a walk-off dinger? Mental mistake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

With CC and Beckett gone...what's not to luv about the Sox now?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

I'm still IN.

INsane...IN love...IN Colorado...INdustrious...and INordinately optimistic about BoSox future.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still IN. INsane...IN love...IN Colorado...INdustrious...and INordinately optimistic about BoSox future.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I'm in baby, and thought it was a brilliant trade besides!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

through the good times and the bad, I will always be here...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's still a Red Sox Fan? : Where's the cat slapping the bass? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvnKyg1qOhs
    Posted by rickerd2[/QUOTE]Good pull.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to "Who's still a Red Sox Fan?": [QUOTE]Does anyone still care? Who's with me? Posted by carnie[/QUOTE] Don't you mean who is still a RS management fan? I'm a team fan but have nothing but contempt for upper management. They have screwed this franchise up so bad for years to come

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Who's still a Red Sox Fan?": Don't you mean who is still a RS management fan? I'm a team fan but have nothing but contempt for upper management. They have screwed this franchise up so bad for years to come
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

It's really early to be saying this.  This ownership group had shown a committment to spending money to put a competitive team on the field. This time they spent a lot of money and didn't get a competitive team so they're trying something different.

Let's wait and see who's on this team in March of '13 before we start predicting years to come. 

And BTW, I'm fully on board no matter what the team looks like in '13.  There are no fair weather fans in this house!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

iM ALL IN !!!    Matter afact, Ben C, wants to hire BILL-806 as a CONSULTANT !!!!!   Yesterday,  We (us & Red Sox) like the "BIG O", hit the "RESET BUTTON"   !!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Sox fan forever.  Been routing for this team since I was old enough to understand what baseball was.  Seen it all from the '67 impossible dream team, to heartbraking WS losses (I still contend if Rice could have played we'd have pasted the Reds, but yup - I'm biased as heck), and the shear unadulterated joy of coming back against the Yanks.  Up and down?  Yup - but I enjoy the heck out of the ride.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I've been a Red Sox fan for over 50 years and seen worse years than this. Why would I quit on them now?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I am still a fan, however we should be prepared for a few years of futility. These no names they got from the Dodgers are not going to magically save the franchise like some people think. I was ok with Beckett & Crawford going but very bitter that they threw in AGon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HankukSox. Show HankukSox's posts

Always in...  Honestly, I had basically tuned the Sox out this year.  Check the boxscores every day, read up a bit.  (Can't see the games since US baseball isn't even on here, besides Cleveland) But nothing serious.  This trade to me, is just....  I can't wait.  I'm ready to see what happens.  Like a new day.  I'm always a fan, through good times and bad.  And I think this is a good time.  I don't really care what any of the players traded do in the future, good luck, I hope you all have spectacular careers, but FINALLY the Sox saw the light and are rebuilding.  I am so happy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Who's still a Red Sox Fan?:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone still care? Who's with me?
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

If anything I am more of a fan than ever after watching the best salary dump in the history of the game.  It was brilliant and something that allows us a new start, especially if Lackey pitches well and we can dump his salary as well.

AGon will be missed so for all you guys who bashed him because of a slow start just sit back and watch how much he improves the Dodgers.  This trade allows us to bring some our good young kids along, so if we can build a solid pitching staff with some of the money and possibly land a solid bat we should be just fine.

Will it happen overnight?  No, but its certainly not going to make me give up on my team.  Hopefully Papi feels the same and we can keep him in the lineup next season.