Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar?

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

Re: Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar?

In Response to Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar?:
    [QUOTE]Thoughts?
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Who is the best team in all of baseball, the Boston Red Sox or the Pawtucket Red Sox?

Thoughts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

In Response to Re: Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar? : Who is the best team in all of baseball, the Boston Red Sox or the Pawtucket Red Sox? Thoughts?
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]
    The lowell spinners...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Just trying to start some good debate...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

In Response to Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar?:
    [QUOTE]Thoughts?

Until one of those two players proves they can do it over a large sample size, I'm going to continue to say Derek Jeter for the time being.  Do I think Derek Jeter is playing well right now?  No.  But for these types of questions, you need to look at a couple of years worth of data, not 15 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

SPC - you are the best when it comes to saying outlandish and ridiculous things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

In Response to Re: Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar?:
    [QUOTE]Just trying to start some good debate...

or being a jacka.ss blatantly leaving Jeter out...

THOUGHTS?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Does anyone have that pic we used to drag out a year or two with the old man stirring a giant pot?  I think that picture would be appropriate for this topic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Just trying to start some good debate...

That is not your only intention but I assure you Lowrie is not at the top of the list.....though he is playing well

Will the Red Sox win 105 games this season or 114?

Thoughts?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar? : That is not your only intention but I assure you Lowrie is not at the top of the list.....though he is playing well Will the Red Sox win 105 games this season or 114? Thoughts?
    Posted by mikeyinthebronx[/QUOTE]

I don't want to speak for SPC, but I overheard him whispering to smiley-beni at the BDC forum urinals, and they both agreed that the over/under for Red Sox wins was 120.

Oh, and in case there was some confusion, they were both taking the over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's the best SS in the AL East: Jed Lowrie or Yunel Escobar? : I don't want to speak for SPC, but I overheard him whispering to smiley-beni at the BDC forum urinals, and they both agreed that the over/under for Red Sox wins was 120. Oh, and in case there was some confusion, they were both taking the over.
    Posted by redsoxfan791[/QUOTE]

I'm not shocked they both drank a serious amount of kool-aid.  I like them both and think they are entertaining posters but they both said goodbye to reality a long time ago.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

homers make the rest of the fans look bad

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]homers make the rest of the fans look bad  
    Posted by j24m1[/QUOTE]

I agree they both are Homers but they are very big fans which I give them credit for, I'm a big Yankee fan the difference is I don't spin everything into Yankee positives the way they do with the Sox. 

They are entertaining posters but nobody on the board really takes them seriously, I see Sox fans all the time telling them that they post stupid things.  They don't bring any real substance to the board but they do entertain....at the very least you have to give them that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It is too early to tell who is better.

But one thing for sure--Toronto got the better end of the trade with the Braves (Escobar for Gonzalez).  

Toronto even got rid of Wells and his hefty contract.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Jed has a chance to overtake Jeter for this title this year, but only if Jed gets 500+ AB's with a .850+ OPS while Jeter continues to struggle (less than .700 OPS).

IMO Escobar isn't even in the conversation yet given his .696 OPS last year after joining the AL East last season (worse than Jeter in his down year).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

Can all of the above posters evaluate the Babe in the same manner?

Is he a homer?
    Is he annoying and abrasive.
    Does he stir the pot?
    Is he at the BDC urinal so much that the police have him on their pervert list?
    Has he been banned over one hundred times and is a Yankee fan.
    Does he distort and use half truths?
    Beni has never been banned and is a Red Sox fan. Any comments?
    Why is 791 disgusted with Beni and SPC but condones Babe's antics?
    I thought that 791 was a perceptive, objective, analytical mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyinthebronx. Show mikeyinthebronx's posts

[QUOTE]Can all of the above posters evaluate the Babe in the same manner? Is he a homer? Is he annoying and abrasive. Does he stir the pot? Is he at the BDC urinal so much that the police have him on their pervert list? Has he been banned over one hundred times and is a Yankee fan. Does he distort and use half truths? Beni has never been banned and is a Red Sox fan. Any comments? Why is 791 disgusted with Beni and SPC but condones Babe's antics? I thought that 791 was a perceptive, objective, analytical mind.
    Posted by silversteinsox[/QUOTE]
    Well you should look at yourself.....you just called out Babe but do you call out the Red Sox fans you just mentioned that do many of the things that Babe does as well......be consistent in calling out trolls.  I agree Babe is a troll but "trolling" is not only limited to fans of teams other than the Red Sox on this board. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

Can't get too hyped over Lowrie's recent outbreak of good hitting.    What happens in a larger sample size than a few games is what will be telling.   
    He's never had extended time as a full time player with the big team.
    Every hitter has a weakness and the pitcher's grapevine around the league will eventually find Lowrie's as they do every hitter.
    Just being realistic - nothing more, nothing less.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thewhiteflame. Show thewhiteflame's posts

jeter isn't even the best SS on his own team

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]Can't get too hyped over Lowrie's recent outbreak of good hitting.    What happens in a larger sample size than a few games is what will be telling.    He's never had extended time as a full time player with the big team. Every hitter has a weakness and the pitcher's grapevine around the league will eventually find Lowrie's as they do every hitter. Just being realistic - nothing more, nothing less.
    Posted by Diamondtalk[/QUOTE]

Realistic as that may be, playing in 52 out of 53 games counts for something.  Is it a full season?  Certainly not.  But it's not like he hasn't gone out day in and day out and given pitchers a chance to make adjustments.  I don't think anyone is seriously making a judgement from the first 15 games of this season, rather from a 200+ AB sample dating back to his return from Mono last year.  Again, not a full year but the only sample where he was undeniably healthy.  As an added benefit, this healthy sample, is in line with his minor league track record.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

JJ Hardy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Can all of the above posters evaluate the Babe in the same manner? Is he a homer? Is he annoying and abrasive. Does he stir the pot? Is he at the BDC urinal so much that the police have him on their pervert list? Has he been banned over one hundred times and is a Yankee fan. Does he distort and use half truths? Beni has never been banned and is a Red Sox fan. Any comments? Why is 791 disgusted with Beni and SPC but condones Babe's antics? I thought that 791 was a perceptive, objective, analytical mind.
    Posted by silversteinsox[/QUOTE]

He is; you're not.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan791. Show redsoxfan791's posts

Actually, RSF, if you have been watching jeter this year, he is making some real nice plays at short. He remains under rated on this forum. He doesn't get voted a gold glove (an award voted onb by coaches and players) without being pretty good.

As someone who writes about the Yankees and Red Sox, I have watched Jeter quite a bit this year.  I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic, but he's looked awful by every measure both offensively and defensively.  Still, we've only played 15-16 games, so I'm not willing to make a snap judgment based on 10% of the season.

As for the GG awards, I'm sorry but you're wrong.  When Rafael Palmeiro can the 1999 GG award at first place despite playing only 28 games at the position, the award's lost all credibility.  While nothing quite as egregious as that has occurred since, giving a combined six GGs to two shortstops (Jeter and Young) that are widely considered to be among the worst defensive SS of the last couple of decades, doesn't really help their case.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts