Whose to blame for Felix's "dead arm"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

Re: Whose to blame for Felix's

In response to georom4's comment:

Felix needs to understand the concept of conditioning...maybe a call to magic johnson is in order?

This one I got to agree. 

Whether from conditioning, injury or just lack of ability, this one's on Felix. The rest of the team is performing too well to call it on Farrell or any of the brain trust. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to teddybaseball009's comment:

John Farrell I wrote a couple of weeks ago about some hugh decisions Farell has made, or failed to make that have cost ballgames. In this writting I declared that he was not using Carp enough. And, sure enough, when he started using Mike he hit extra base hit after extra base hit. In this same writting I cited the use of Felix for 112 pitches (I think three starts ago) was senseless and to use a legal description it was reckless. Felix threw a whole lot of innings last year. Some 50-75 more than he ever had prior. He came into camp out of shape and then to overuse him was certainly reckless. Now we see the results. I will get snubbed for these comments by those of you who do not understand baseball and tend to think criticism is a lack of support. It is nothing of the kind. Rather, it is an attempt to get better. Farrell has lost four or five games. He has lost it with Iggy by destroying his confidence. This was stupid because Iggy is the future. So I see Ben as the guy who has put this team together for the better--much better and Farrell who is losing more games than he wins--when his input made a difference. Felix has always seemed to me to be on the cusp of greatness or becoming a long term minor leaguer and certainly deserved better than he was given.

I think its getting more obvious Doub may not be best suited to start.  He really struggles to go five innings.  Not sure what the problem is exactly but Webster or another youngster could see a role in the starting rotation this season if it continues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

DoubRont can start but not with a bad arm and bad control, both of which would also make him a liability in the bullpen.  Back to the minors.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

DoubRont can start but not with a bad arm and bad control, both of which would also make him a liability in the bullpen.  Back to the minors.

Have to put him on the DL first. out of options.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Who's to blame for Felix's dead arm.....Why Felix is.   And why do I say that.  Because he is in charge of getting Felix in shape for spring training and he seems to think round is a good shape to be in for spring training.  I believe the Sox pay him very good money to pitch and be in good shape to do so.  So lets blame this on Felix for being unprofessional and not living up to his contract expectations.  

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts