Why break up a good thing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Why break up a good thing?

I know it's still early...but when was the last time you had this much fun watching the Sox??  Solid in all facets of the game (other than facing lefty's....I know..) and it just seems like a good group of players that are all in it for the betterment of the TEAM.

So my question is....Why change things up?  We potentially could have a new 1st basmean (naps could be gone), SS (Drew could be gone), 3B (Middy may shift or could get traded), CF (Ells could be gone), C (Salty could be gone) closer (Uehara really is a set up man) and #5 pitcher (Dempster trade?).  These ARE NOT minor changes.  I really think before they make big changes they really look at what the team is...how well they perform and maybe keep this thing together.  Drew has been VERY solid after the first 1.5 months of the season and his defense has been GREAT.  Naps could give us another year at first then be the heir apparent at DH.  Middy has potential to be that power hitting 3B to protect the #4 spot in the order and could be the future 1Bman making way for Bogy.  Ells, while an injury concern is the best player on the basepaths in the majors and is a VERY solid leadoff hitter and a solid CF...AND handles Boston well.  To me though....he's the most likely gone as he'll command too much cash I think.  Salty NEEDS TO BE RESIGNED for obvious reasons.  Dempster??  ehhhh.....

I really do think though that this team should be kept together to a large extent.  Why mess with what works?????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Re: Why break up a good thing?

Whether or not this team wins the WS.....and figuring Dempster iis not 

one of our 5 starters with Lester peavy buch lackey and doubront plus

the kids coming, I would be perfectly happy watching these same guys

play again next year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Looks like BC was mostly right when choosing what players to go after. Looks like young Ben knows his baseball and has been paying attention the last 14 years in the Sox organization.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Looks like BC was mostly right when choosing what players to go after. Looks like young Ben knows his baseball and has been paying attention the last 14 years in the Sox organization.

Cherrington should be fired immediately. ........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I guess you and BC haven't been listening to Bill-806's dad.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

this team is definitely fun to watch and a joy to root for.  but alas, the business that is baseball will certainly prevent this same team from being together in future seasons.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I know it's still early...but when was the last time you had this much fun watching the Sox??  Solid in all facets of the game (other than facing lefty's....I know..) and it just seems like a good group of players that are all in it for the betterment of the TEAM.

So my question is....Why change things up?  We potentially could have a new 1st basmean (naps could be gone), SS (Drew could be gone), 3B (Middy may shift or could get traded), CF (Ells could be gone), C (Salty could be gone) closer (Uehara really is a set up man) and #5 pitcher (Dempster trade?).  These ARE NOT minor changes.  I really think before they make big changes they really look at what the team is...how well they perform and maybe keep this thing together.  Drew has been VERY solid after the first 1.5 months of the season and his defense has been GREAT.  Naps could give us another year at first then be the heir apparent at DH.  Middy has potential to be that power hitting 3B to protect the #4 spot in the order and could be the future 1Bman making way for Bogy.  Ells, while an injury concern is the best player on the basepaths in the majors and is a VERY solid leadoff hitter and a solid CF...AND handles Boston well.  To me though....he's the most likely gone as he'll command too much cash I think.  Salty NEEDS TO BE RESIGNED for obvious reasons.  Dempster??  ehhhh.....

I really do think though that this team should be kept together to a large extent.  Why mess with what works?????

Well when the Red Sox won it all in 2004 and 2007, they had alot of players that have more than 4 to 6 years contract especially most of them are in the middle of the contract where   they were able stay pact for a while while homegrown players moved up from minor league to play with them toward to 2008 season.  

This year most of them have one year contract, and they are using that one year contract to try to get their best long term contract for their last time of their life or maybe second last. Drew, Napoli, Salty (soon to be in the 30's), Ellsbury, etc are in the 30's which mean they are still a young player.  If they just take an one year to two years contract again only so they can try to help the team to win back to back title, and they know that what if they get hurt alot or go on decline, they know that they will not get their last contract of their life into a big one.  

That is why I strongly think that most of these Red Sox free agents will go out in the free agency market to try to find their best contract ever.   I know Drew, Napoli and Salty would love to come back cuz they all are having good year this year as well they all love hitting at Fenway Park.   Would they take a discount to come back??  that is the question mark.  Ellsbury is going to be so greedy to find his best contract ever in his life.  He is going to be tough to retain him for next year!!  I do want Ellsbury cuz he is a perfect lead off guy as well perfect CF with Victorino.  That is the best OF defense I have ever witness!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

(Uehara really is a set up man)

I don't care my setup man closing out games if his name is Koji.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I figure Ells, Naps, Drew, and Salty are all gone, but we'll get 3 extra picks for them.  We'll replace them with Bogie for a year, JBJ, maybe Lavarnway, and add to an already deep farm.