Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees?

Seems like this every single year - we could win 20 in a row and the Yankees will win 19.... ugh.... please just lose for heavens sake!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees?:
    [QUOTE]A long homestand at Cheap Homerun $tadium versus fading teams and a road trip starting with the 2nd worst record in baseball Cubs.  The Red Sox have been fortunate to have kept up vs. much better teams and a long road trip.  But now, the Sox get to feast on the Padres and Pirates.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

Not a good idea to go into these series' overly confident. The Frairs shouldn't be a problem at home, but Pittsburgh on the road, they are not an easy team to beat, even though their home record is worse. I can see taking 2 of 3 from SD, but possibly losing 2 of 3 to the Pirates. They 8th in MLB with a 3.52 ERA, so the pitching is there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Jacoby Ellsbury has been on a hot streak, but check out these June stats:

Jacoby Ellsbury 16 G, 5 SB, .371 BA, .400 OBP, .929 OPS
    Brett Gardner 17 G, 4 SB, .423 BA, .492 OBP, 1.126 OPS

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

hill is right.  Any team with Gardner  - and Cano and fill in the blank - can be dangerous.  Thought they are still waiting for Tex to live up to his hype and their C (like ours) is a work in progress.

And watching last night's game, I saw Eduardo Nunez make a play deep in the hole to nail a very fast runner (forget who) at first.  Threw a bullet to Tex that was on the money - got there in half a sec.  Saw that play and wondered if Jeter could have done the same.

Yankees are deep and rich $$. Like the Red Sox. NYY ain't going away any time soon.  So we gotta deal with it...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees? : Not a good idea to go into these series' overly confident. The Frairs shouldn't be a problem at home, but Pittsburgh on the road, they are not an easy team to beat, even though their home record is worse. I can see taking 2 of 3 from SD, but possibly losing 2 of 3 to the Pirates. They 8th in MLB with a 3.52 ERA, so the pitching is there.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

They just took 2/3 from a 40-33 Brewers, 12th overall in team ERA.  The Pirates are a sub-.500 club.

While they are 8th in team ERA, they are also 26th in BA at .238, 27th in RS, 23rd in OBP and 27th in slugging. The Red Sox can take them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Many of us have been saying all along that reports of the Yankees' demise have been greatly exaggerated.
    I'm not sure of much in life, but I'm downright certain they'll be there in October.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

End of the day the Yank's have some holes, but 225M buys you some pretty good depth...Thier lineup is still pretty formitable and like all good offensive teams, they pummel mediore pitching. That and dispite injuries to key guys in the pen...they've managed to get some quality starts out of thier rotation by guys not named CC and they still got a pretty good end game with Robertson and Rivera.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]the problem is mainly that we sort of gave them a head start out of the gate in April...not to mention that they are indeed the Yankees, and are a pretty dang good team unfortunately...it's not like the overpaid sox stars are exactly doing awesome...except agon and beckett...
    Posted by elvis-surfs[/QUOTE]

"Overpaid Sox Stars"? - Boston payroll is $164 mil. and Yanks is $202 mil.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees? : "Overpaid Sox Stars"? - Boston payroll is $164 mil. and Yanks is $202 mil.

Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

So exactly what does the Yankee payroll have to do with some sawx players being overpaid?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

[QUOTE]Many of us have been saying all along that reports of the Yankees' demise have been greatly exaggerated. I'm not sure of much in life, but I'm downright certain they'll be there in October.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    ^^^ This.  They've got 2 guys with 21 HR plus Gardner and Cano.  ARod may be aging and apparently fading but he's still no slouch ... fill in the blanks with some blank checks and they should always be there come the end of the season.

But the good news is that they don't appear to be built for the post season and the Sox most definitely are ...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees? : So exactly what does the Yankee payroll have to do with some sawx players being overpaid?
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

The premise could be made that Jeter, Posada, Teixiera, and Arod are overpaid also. Look at their salaries vs. their 2011 statistics.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees? : The premise could be made that Jeter, Posada, Teixiera, and Arod are overpaid also. Look at their salaries vs. their 2011 statistics.

Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Again, exactly what does that have to do with some sawx players being overpaid?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Guys, we were 2-10.   If anybody should be angry it is the Yankee fans .... where did their lead go?!? 

Appreciate the fact the Sox went from last to first.  The earth does not revolve around the Yankees, it revolves around the Sox Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

awsome post soxmeister, the world does revolve around the sox.  Boston is the baseball capital of the world.  Best fans, best team best everthing.  Who wins more games then hour sox, who has more fans at games, all sellouts, who cells more marchendice in US and Japan.  Sox are the center of the universe.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Ahh, babe ... forever in here, a Sox forum, disrespecting our team with your "sawx" comments.  At least you are consistent.  

Anyway, the Yankees will get a pitcher at the break, then come talk to me.  As for NOW, the Yankees are the ones who blew the lead to the 2-10 Sox, it is their problem catching the Sox now.  They also have Tampa and the Jays to worry about.  

A lot is riding on Miller tonight, he has to be at least competent.   6 innings 4 runs would do it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

man, you guys make us sound like the 62' Mets...Tongue out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

yankees will never catch the sox, can't be dun.  the lead will grow and grow just like the patience at guantanimo.  look at the pitching of the yankees starters era and compare to the sox.  look at the runs scored not the homeruns at bandbox park.  look at the yankees poor injured bullpen era.  how can the yankees ever catch the sox.  can't be dun.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]yankees will never catch the sox, can't be dun.  the lead will grow and grow just like the patience at guantanimo.  look at the pitching of the yankees starters era and compare to the sox.  look at the runs scored not the homeruns at bandbox park.  look at the yankees poor injured bullpen era.  how can the yankees ever catch the sox.  can't be dun.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    Good point CDYI, smoke and mirrors and old pharmaceuticals can only last so long for the over the hill yanks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

Some people think that the Yankees will be good forever, others think that if I had  to group 2 teams together that are similar in quality, I would bring the Yankees to the west side of Pennsylvania instead of the east. The Yankees are still a very good team with a great offense, but they are on the decline, in a position like the Celtic's position- now or never. Tex and C.C. are not declining yet, but they aren't getting any better. Cano might get a little better and is probably a better player than Pedroia, but Pedroia is nearly a whole year younger and the Red Sox and Yankees would both be worse if they did a Pedey-Cano swap. The Yankees don't need Cano to be a leader because they have Jeter, so getting a lesser 2B would hurt, and the Red Sox would be swapping off a great leader for a player who is only a little bit better and cannot lead. Also, did I mention that Posada is done, Jeter is nearly done,and while A-Rod is a few years away from being done, is clearly on the decline? The Yankee's only true young, up-and-coming player is Brett Gardner, who figures to be an all-star for the next few years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE] Some people think that the Yankees will be good forever, others think that if I had  to group 2 teams together that are similar in quality, I would bring the Yankees to the west side of Pennsylvania instead of the east. The Yankees are still a very good team with a great offense, but they are on the decline, in a position like the Celtic's position- now or never. Tex and C.C. are not declining yet, but they aren't getting any better. Cano might get a little better and is probably a better player than Pedroia, but Pedroia is nearly a whole year younger and the Red Sox and Yankees would both be worse if they did a Pedey-Cano swap. The Yankees don't need Cano to be a leader because they have Jeter, so getting a lesser 2B would hurt, and the Red Sox would be swapping off a great leader for a player who is only a little bit better and cannot lead. Also, did I mention that Posada is done, Jeter is nearly done,and while A-Rod is a few years away from being done, is clearly on the decline? The Yankee's only true young, up-and-coming player is Brett Gardner, who figures to be an all-star for the next few years.

Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

It's amazing that as bad as you paint the Yanks to be that the red flops have only managed to have a 1 1/2 game lead right now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

babe, I think the key to your statement there is yankees being behind and the lead growing and growing and growing.  I believe the yanks will be out of it by the all star break.  what hope do they half.  no good young players, lots of injuries, team era out of control with the jeriactric pitching.  can't score without a homerun and remember they only get to play 80 games at bandbox stadium.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

[QUOTE]Granderson and Teixeira (despite his .250 average) have been carrying that lineup all season... Especially with down years from Cano and Swisher while Jeter, Posada, and A-Rod's careers continue to spiral downwards. It boggles my mind that teams haven't been able to hit Freddy Garcia.  It's only a matter of time but how he's survived up to this point with stats like that are beyond me.  In my opinion, Colon is clearly using some sort of PED so there's really no surprise there to his success. CC has been slightly sub-par this season and Burnett seems to be having a bounceback year but nothing to brag home about. At the end of the day, their lineup can still hit and their pitching staff is overachieving.  That's why they are still in this thing.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Quietly, the Yankees have put together the best bullpen in the American League.  David Robertson and Mariano Rivera will unquestionably and deservedly be on the 2011 all-star roster, young and unknown guys like Noesi and Pendelton have pitched very well and Boone Logan has been decent.  They lost Soriano who "should" have been dominant and outstanding given his resume, Chamberlain, Feliciano and Marte, but have been able to consistently hold opponents to nothing from the middle to late innings.  When Colon tests positive for a banned substance, I am sure ESPN will report it.  What's interesting about the Yankee offense this year is that other than Granderson, none of the other position players are having even average seasons "yet."  I am simply talking 3 year splits which is the best measure of veteran players (what have they done lately, not when they were in their prime).  If guys like Gardner, Swisher, Posada, Cano and Jeter have even average 2d halfs of the season, this team, barring more key injuries, "should" have a relatively easy path to the postseason.  The tremendous offensive outburst by the Sox has masked their major weakness which is the bullpen.  Once the inter-league exhibition season is over, they will be tested and it will be interesting to see how they respond when challenged.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

I said that the Yankees are good.
    "They are still a very good team with a great offense,"

I was simply stating that the Yankees are old. You're lucky that I didn't mention Rivera, and I didn't simply because I am getting more and more suspicious that the Yankees have an engineer in their spring training complex who builds robot closers that last forever. Maybe you misunderstood me with those pinstripe-colored glasses on, because I was just stating that Jeter is nearly done, Posada is done (hey, I'll bat ninth for you guys!) and A-Rod is declining. I was also stating that while Cano, Tex, and C.C. aren't going to get worse for a few years, they aren't going to get much better.
     I even complimented Brett Gardner.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]  I said that the Yankees are good. "They are still a very good team with a great offense,"  I was simply stating that the Yankees are old. You're lucky that I didn't mention Rivera, and I didn't simply because I am getting more and more suspicious that the Yankees have an engineer in their spring training complex who builds robot closers that last forever. Maybe you misunderstood me with those pinstripe-colored glasses on, because I was just stating that Jeter is nearly done, Posada is done (hey, I'll bat ninth for you guys!) and A-Rod is declining. I was also stating that while Cano, Tex, and C.C. aren't going to get worse for a few years, they aren't going to get much better.  I even complimented Brett Gardner.

Posted by b126962[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the sawx have the higher average age?

Posada has been hitting pretty well lately. Jeter is done in your opinion but yet hitting for about the same average as pedroia, and actually higher for much of the season. Arod is declining but still able to produce as much as your much younger third baseman.

And you seem to think it's just their offense that is carrying them, but yet they have a lower ERA than the red flops staff.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OhEFFU. Show OhEFFU's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees? : Not a good idea to go into these series' overly confident. 
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Well don't forget, the dude who posted that isn't actually playing, and therefore his attitude is unlikely to affect the actual results.

Sections
Shortcuts