Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees?

If it wasnt for the Sox dominating them they would be runnig away with Division

Shakey rotation, how on earth does Gacia sht down teams?
    Rivera is anchient
    Lackluster lineup
    but somehow they still win
    someone please beat them

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees?

the problem is mainly that we sort of gave them a head start out of the gate in April...not to mention that they are indeed the Yankees, and are a pretty dang good team unfortunately...it's not like the overpaid sox stars are exactly doing awesome...except agon and beckett...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Won 8 of 9 against the Yanks.  Winning 65% of the games.  Lead the league in runs scored.  2nd in defense.  3 guys batting well over .300.  What more should the 'overpaid Sox players' be doing?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees?:
    the problemis mainly that we sort of gave them a head start out of the gate in April...not to mention that they are indeed the Yankees, and are a pretty dang good team unfortunately...it's not like the overpaid sox stars are exactly doing awesome...except agon and beckett...
    Posted by elvis-surfs

Problem?  I don't consider a .600 winning percentage a problem.  Maybe it's your expectations that are out of whack. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

the problem is mainly that we sort of gave them a head start out of the gate in April...not to mention that they are indeed the Yankees, and are a pretty dang good team unfortunately...it's not like the overpaid sox stars are exactly doing awesome...except agon and beckett...
    Posted by elvis-surfs

The team is in first place with the most runs in the league..I see no problem...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Other teams have more weaknesss.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees?:
    If it wasnt for the Sox dominating them they would be runnig away with Division Shakey rotation, how on earth does Gacia sht down teams? Rivera is anchient Lackluster lineup but somehow they still win someone please beat them
    Posted by condognh

I can't wait for Tampa to get away from the Marlins.  Shields is pitching well but the Marlins look like a high school team at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Haven't you heard? Softy has just annointed the Marlins as the model for small market teams.

Yes, today's Marlins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Haven't you heard? Softy has just annointed the Marlins as the model for small market teams. Yes, today's Marlins.
    Posted by moonslav59

I still don't know who this softy guy is everyone refers to moonslav.  I asked one poster the first night I was here but never got a response.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Yanks have talent even w/ injuries. Remember Red Sox hung around last year w/ all their injuries. But even if they make playoffs expect little unless they can make a blockbuster and come up w/ a stud pitcher and Hughes is able to bounce back for 2nd half. Time off might be best thing for Jeter at his age keeping him fresh for 2nd half. But Yanks will be easy out if they try to go into playoffs w/ CC and little else in rotation. No wonder they were tampering w/ Andrew Miller desperate times call for desperate measures.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees? : I still don't know who this softy guy is everyone refers to moonslav.  I asked one poster the first night I was here but never got a response.
    Posted by craze4sox
    He's currently calling himself betterredthandead after approximately his 1000th banning. And as far as the Yanks go, they are still a very good baseball team. Their rotation might be shaky, but those guys can really hit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Why cant anyone esle beat the FREAKIN Yankees? : He's currently calling himself betterredthandead after approximately his 1000th banning.
    Posted by carnie

Interesting thanks carnie

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Very disappointing Cub series so far.  We go into play the second worst team in baseball and barely have a split so far. The Yanks need to clobber these guys today. We need to get fat on these type of teams.
    Posted by Yankenstein2

Yankenstien, I'm sure our club would have loved to swap the Brewers for the Cubs or Marlins.  The Brewers have a nice club, they could do some damage if they make the PS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

ESPN announcer says, "cubs are struggling", too bad they can't play the yankees more !!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Granderson and Teixeira (despite his .250 average) have been carrying that lineup all season... Especially with down years from Cano and Swisher while Jeter, Posada, and A-Rod's careers continue to spiral downwards.

It boggles my mind that teams haven't been able to hit Freddy Garcia.  It's only a matter of time but how he's survived up to this point with stats like that are beyond me.  In my opinion, Colon is clearly using some sort of PED so there's really no surprise there to his success.

CC has been slightly sub-par this season and Burnett seems to be having a bounceback year but nothing to brag home about.

At the end of the day, their lineup can still hit and their pitching staff is overachieving.  That's why they are still in this thing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

ARod will be 36 in July. His OPS has been tumbling fast, but seems to be leveling off this year:
    2007: 1.067 OPS
    2008:  .965
    2009:  .933
    2010:  .847
    2011:  .862

The Yanks will be paying this guy for 6 more years after this at $143M with bonuses up to $30M for getting 660 to 763 HRs career. He will turn 42 his last year of the deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Part of the problem is that since the Sox series, the Yankees have played three slumping teams. Going into their series vs. NYY, the Indians had lost 11 of 14, the Rangers had lost five of seven, and the Cubs ... well, the Cubs have been awful all year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

We just took 2 of 3 from one of the hottest teams in MLB. Now, we play 6 vs SD and @ Pitt. (I'll be at the Pitt games)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Could be the umpires. Every pitch and call can change a game. On a list of top 10 worst calls in sports, I believe the Yankees had the most, especially for the baseball end of it. Might have been four or five. And don't forget every pitch can change every at bat, and balls and strikes cannot be argued. (IMO there should be a more advanced way of calling them by now). 

A brilliant man who posts on SOSH once told me when I spoke to him and said I heard that MLB believes "it's better for baseball when the Yankees are in the playoffs" that that was not only true, but that a long time ago an umpire (or a couple) were removed from baseball when they acknowledged that very truth.

The worst is when you hear people say they have no problem with the bad calls because it's part of baseball. Wrong. You do the right thing, it should turn out the right way. That shouldn't be any part of sport. And it's certainly not the fun of it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

A long homestand at Cheap Homerun $tadium versus fading teams and a road trip starting with the 2nd worst record in baseball Cubs.  The Red Sox have been fortunate to have kept up vs. much better teams and a long road trip.  But now, the Sox get to feast on the Padres and Pirates.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Interlegue play also.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

crix,

The Sox have been feasting on everyone -- for the most part -- for the last month and half or so.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

crix, The Sox have been feasting on everyone -- for the most part -- for the last month and half or so.
    Posted by royf19

Except the White Sox, but yes, they have been feasting and the Padres and Pirates are simply the next items on the menu!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

I think the yanks are a pretty weak team, but so is most of the league.  The sox are just a really good team, so don't worry because they are going to continue to dominate

Sections
Shortcuts