Why can't Drew be benched?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Re: Why can't Drew be benched?

We need to remember he is still shaking off the concussion.  Give him a little more time to get a good bead on the pitches and get his timing back.  Defensively he is looking good.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to michaelsjr's comment:

We need to remember he is still shaking off the concussion.  Give him a little more time to get a good bead on the pitches and get his timing back.  

That's what reasonable fans will do.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Better question, why can't he be DFA'd and run through waivers and either traded or let go through waiver claim or his agreement to be sent back to the minors to work on that giant hole in his swing.

I like how S. Drew just need more time, but 11 games is all that is needed to send Bradley packing.

You have a hard time acknowledging that someone is talented and a pro. He has made all the plays and he's hit the ball pretty hard of late.

JBJ was overmatched  in his time with the parent club. He will be back perhaps sooner than later. He needs to do some work---to get back to the majors--just like Iggy needs to work on his hitting. We don't need a CF'der today as Ells is playing well offensively and defensively. Take a happy pill---

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

S. Drew will not clear waivers, and the Yankees won't be high enough to get him for the waiver fees. The Red Sox would pay his remaining contract to play for a team besides the Yankees.

I was using satire, but I do want to get rid of S. Drew. But he needs time to slug better than a girl from a girl's softball team. As I noted, he'd need to agree to go back to the minos if no one claims him, but he's a mercenary who will want to try and get his next contract on a team that will be foolish enough to play him for a full season. Carp is the one who might clear waivers and can be sent to the minors, not that it would be any loss if someone claimed him.  

Neither Drew nor Carp would clear waivers---you are insanely limited in your baseball knowledge. The Cards are in need of a SS as the Yankees are. Drew would be a perfect fit for the Yankees with the other veterans on the team. He would be the glue to keep that team winning.

How can you believe Carp would clear waivers? This kid is a player that is insurance in case Nap goes down or as the LH DH if Ortiz goes back on the DL.

Mr.  Softy Law leave our players alone---you are an angry person and it makes quite a number of the board members angry---please take your act on the road.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

More "satire"?

I love that one... LMAO!

The reident clown wanted Doubront to start in 2011 when he was on the DL or rehabbing in AAA. Now, he wants us to trade Drew, even though we can't trade him until June. The "satire" excuse is pretty creative, but no less clownish than his normal excuses and diversions.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

He has made all the plays and he's hit the ball pretty hard of late.

Yes, like that play where he did a belly flop and the ball bounced off his body and Pedroia picked it up and threw out Jennings.

Yes, he's been hitting the ball hardly at all.

I noted how S. Drew wouldn't clear waivers, which is irrelevant since he can't be sent to the minors without his agreement. As for Carp, I just noted that he might bring a bum back in trade, but he also might clear waivers and that matters because they can put him in the minors and get ready for the next Hermida chapter.

"This kid is a player" shows your baseball IQ is right up there with the managment who offered Crawbust 142 million. Carp's a bum, just ask the Mariners. Carp is IMG insurance, and is like using a 10 speed pike as "freeway insurance" for a car.

Softy Law you are beyond help...go find a stool in the corner and twiddle your thumbs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

To reply to the thread and not just Softy Law-----Drew can be benched---but other than giving him a day off a week---why would you, he's a very good SS and they have made a big investment in him $9.5 M--why wouldn't they err on the side of caution. In addition they have a pretty good SS sitting on the bench--namely Pedro Ciriaco. Between the two my choice is Drew.

Every player needs a day off each week. Softy complained about Drew getting a day off because he missed the first several games of the season. He may not have been playing for the Red Sox but he was playing for the SeaDogs and he was recovering from the Concussion.

Ue is a pitcher making $4.5 M---the team does not want to throw him on back to back days, why? I don't know but the manager and coaches know that he is more effective and perhaps it may save a trip to the DL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

whiner

conan = No Intelligence

Drew = No hitting skills

So were you underwater this weekend, ADG?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'm not against trading Drew, but am very much against discarding him before he has had a reasonable shot and while he, like Iglesias before him, has been error-free at SS.  He has shown himself to be a reliable if not great lefty bat and at least average SS and certainly better than some we've had in the past. 

I am very pro-Iglesias and want him to be the long-term SS in Boston, but am willing to be patient. 

Last year the Sox dumped Youkilis because they already had a better thirdbaseman (Middlebrooks), firstbaseman (Gonzalez), and DH (Ortiz)--no ifs, ands, or buts.  Unfortunately, by the end of the season the Sox badly needed a good thirdbaseman, good firstbaseman, and good DH. 

Did I forget to mention that with Drew at SS the Sox are winning? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I'm not against trading Drew, but am very much against discarding him before he has had a reasonable shot and while he, like Iglesias before him, has been error-free at SS.  He has shown himself to be a reliable if not great lefty bat and at least average SS and certainly better than some we've had in the past. 

I am very pro-Iglesias and want him to be the long-term SS in Boston, but am willing to be patient. 

Last year the Sox dumped Youkilis because they already had a better thirdbaseman (Middlebrooks), firstbaseman (Gonzalez), and DH (Ortiz)--no ifs, ands, or buts.  Unfortunately, by the end of the season the Sox badly needed a good thirdbaseman, good firstbaseman, and good DH. 

Yes, we won with Lugo too. Should we bring him back?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Yes, we won with Lugo too. Should we bring him back?

they both make/made  9M, who would you choose?

Sections
Shortcuts