In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You and Drewski have pharmacology degrees and are intelligent men. You are logical and reasonable men, I would guess. You said that you go to a Presbyterian Church and are a moral man.  I would never think that either you or Drewski ever come here merely to be entertained and to put other posters on. You are both above that. Did I tell you that I also took Organic Chemistry in college? Yes Georom / Drewski and you are the finest of the forum.

[/QUOTE]

Hey, just read your page....pharmacy major?  Great!  Good luck!

I'm a pharmacist.

I thought he was referring to me...maybe not..LOL

are you referring to me pike? because you called me a closet yankee fan like 2 weeks into my posting tenure here lol. and yes, the first thing you mentioned as soon as you heard me mention pharmacy was that you took organic Chem. congratz, here's a cookie. church? hardly. what self respecting scientist believes in a floating spaggetti monster...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

thanks! i'm not looking to get into being a pharmacist though, I am a lab junkie and want to have a career in pharmacological research and other applicative sciences.

[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me!  I know the major drug companies really love research.

I sincerely wish you the best in your ambition.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Why do Posters get banned

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get Pike's war on the forum. We are all enjoying ourselves. Can't you just let us be?

[/QUOTE]

Hey Joe, I had no war on the forum. My old monikers got banned because I was too positive. So I came in here with a new moniker in recent days and insulted nobody, was a gentlememan, was non-controversial, and was banned once that J-Bay noted that I was a a newbie. Go ask J-Bay why I was booted. I don't know why.

[/QUOTE]

No you don't get banned for being too positive. On top of that your are not positive and don't talk baseball. You get mad anyone could possibly question the Red Sox on a Red Sox forum. You had 4 names going at the same time today. 3 of them got banned for good reason. You post private information about other user on that forum. You have no right doing that. You are extremely disruptive. This war has raged for too long please leave.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't get Pike's war on the forum. We are all enjoying ourselves. Can't you just let us be?

[/QUOTE]

Hey Joe, I had no war on the forum. My old monikers got banned because I was too positive. So I came in here with a new moniker in recent days and insulted nobody, was a gentlememan, was non-controversial, and was banned once that J-Bay noted that I was a a newbie. Go ask J-Bay why I was booted. I don't know why.

[/QUOTE]

its not that anyone saw you were a new poster and gave you the ban hammer.. its that they realized you were you and also 3 other users were you and gave you all the ban hammer.. stop being you from 8 different sources and you'll stop being banned

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Most of the real Sox fans on the forum NEVER go to the gamethreads. Research that. Do I need to give you a list? Unbelievable. You go there in order to be in  the company of those who like to trash, ridicule, be simplistic, be shallow, juvenile, and moronic. You know that. Why not just admit it.

[/QUOTE]

So the game threads make you a fan or not. Stop being so silly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

Was anyone here at 5:30 pm EST when J-Bay arrived and banned  three posters for no reason whatsoever?  I've been questioning that point for hours now and I have not one response.

First of all, why is he in charge?

Second, what was the violation?

Aren't these reasonable questions?

Thirdly, is this BDC in charge?

[/QUOTE]

1. He isn't. Your upset he is a very reasonable Red Sox fan, but dislikes you and you hate it.

2. You had 4 names at once.

(You skipped a number)Nope.

3. Yes they have rules. No hate speech, no personal attacks, not have 18 names at once.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You and Drewski have pharmacology degrees and are intelligent men. You are logical and reasonable men, I would guess. You said that you go to a Presbyterian Church and are a moral man.  I would never think that either you or Drewski ever come here merely to be entertained and to put other posters on. You are both above that. Did I tell you that I also took Organic Chemistry in college? Yes Georom / Drewski and you are the finest of the forum.

[/QUOTE]

are you referring to me pike? because you called me a closet yankee fan like 2 weeks into my posting tenure here lol. and yes, the first thing you mentioned as soon as you heard me mention pharmacy was that you took organic Chem. congratz, here's a cookie. church? hardly. what self respecting scientist believes in a floating spaggetti monster...

[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, he did the same thing to me. :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" The forum is not for Red Sox fans and hasn't been for three years"

You have been saying that the forum has been going downhill for a long time now. Yet the forum is fine - messy and full of opinions as usual but not that different from what it was. The only time I can recall it improving recently is when you left for a while. 

I'd be shocked if J-Bay was the moderator, and that the moderator is paid. The BDC has a ton of forums and has clealry de-emphasized forums in their business model. Do you see any ads here? Are they making any money on the forums? Not likely. So why would they pay someone to moderate this particular forum? Much more likely that one person handles all of them. Odd you would come up with this idea with no evidence. It makes no financial sense for the BDC to invest in a moderator solely for this forum. There's no business model.

Pike/Edith whatever million screen names you have, what you need to wrap your head around is that the rest of this forum is onto you. 

We don't like: 

- your Red Sox fan loyalty oath. You've got your own subjective criteria on what constitutes a fan and what does not and you have no right to impose that on other people. Many of us enjoy a debate between different viewpoints here, got it? 

- your creepy tracking of personal details and occasionally attempting to "out" people's identities on this forum based on what you have dug up. That has a chilling effect on the forum and is wildly inappropriate on your part. Your rigorous tracking of any personal information disclosed by anyone here borders on fetish and it's definitely grounds for banning as far as I'm concerned, though I have no input on the matter. 

- your wacky multiple identities, often many used simultaneously. 

But, just be aware we're all onto your games and while many of us, including myself, would prefer you move on to some other hobby as long as you're here, you may as well enjoy the banter and debate from people with a variety of viewpoints - all of whom get challenged by others. I know it's wild to you, but it's Internet debate. And it has nothing to do with passion for the team. Yes there are some Yankee trolls in here but your fantasy that anyone who shares a different view of the Red Sox than you is a troll is just that - a fantasy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

are you resting your case, pike?? Once you do you will not be allowed to enter anything else into evidence. 

[/QUOTE]

But that would leave his case with no evidence whatsoever,right.  I am giving all you guys a pass from me for a few weeks since I am in Indonesia on an underwater photo trip. When I get back if the Sox have not signed a decent pitcher there will be HELL to pay!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

are you resting your case, pike?? Once you do you will not be allowed to enter anything else into evidence. 

[/QUOTE]

But that would leave his case with no evidence whatsoever,right.  I am giving all you guys a pass from me for a few weeks since I am in Indonesia on an underwater photo trip. When I get back if the Sox have not signed a decent pitcher there will be HELL to pay!

[/QUOTE]

Have a safe trip, pumpsie,  a great time, Christmas and New Year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

Was anyone here at 5:30 pm EST when J-Bay arrived and banned  three posters for no reason whatsoever?  I've been questioning that point for hours now and I have not one response.

First of all, why is he in charge?

Second, what was the violation?

Aren't these reasonable questions?

Thirdly, is this BDC in charge?

[/QUOTE]

Pike: why not try discussing baseball and not other posters? If you do not like what someone wrote, debate it-or ignore it. Your self-appointed status as board policeman is irritating other posters here. If you want to know why you got banned you need a good long objective look in the mirror

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have a safe trip, pumpsie. Have a great time, Chrsitmas and New Year. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks JBay. I will be in a place called Raja Ampat which is in the middle of nowhere, living on a boat for 12 nights with 9 other photographers. Now when I get back I sure hope YOU haven't banned more people here. Happy Holiday season to all Sox fans here!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Have a safe trip, pumpsie. Have a great time, Chrsitmas and New Year. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks JBay. I will be in a place called Raja Ampat which is in the middle of nowhere, living on a boat for 12 nights with 9 other photographers. Now when I get back I sure hope YOU haven't banned more people here. Happy Holiday season to all Sox fans here!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Raja Ampat, Indonesia? That is too much information.... pike will track you

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Pike makes it sound as if Red Sox fans are systematically persecuted here, which numerous people should be able to attest is not the case. Whatever the reasons for the bannings of all his previous incarnations, it wasn't that they were "too positive"...somehow I don't recall Notin or Joebreidy or JimFromFlorida or Hfxsoxnut being banned lately for positivity. As TrollSpanker said, there's a pretty healthy diversity of opinion here; the "negative fans" give the "positive fans" crap and vice versa, but you have to expect that on a sports message board, and most of the time it's in good fun (more than anyone will probably admit). There's no shadowy conspiracy against "positive" Sox fans going on here, and Pike might want to instead ask himself why he in particular keeps getting banned.

For what it's worth, I'd prefer banning anyone to be extremely rare and a last resort, but I'm not running the board.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.