Why do Posters get banned

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Why do Posters get banned

In response to EdithBRTN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

MEF429 has caught on to the fact that moniker is another Pike alias. Damn it. I wasted another 15 minutes registering that name. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

[/QUOTE]

The real question is, why do you find it necessary to try to hide who you are?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helloitsmeagain. Show Helloitsmeagain's posts

[QUOTE]

Has poster Ben Cherrington been banned yet? Was his IP address a duplicate of Pike's IP?

[/QUOTE]

Hey pike, serious question.

How do you keep track of which moniker you are posting under?

Do you have multiple computers with sticky notes on top that identify which moniker goes with which computer?

Or do you have several Macs that are different colors that are matched up with your different monikers?

Just curious, because it must get confusing and I've only seen you screw up like once in 4 or 5 years.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Am I pike?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

How do you know if poster Ben Cherrington is me or not? How about Kim, is she also me? Why would anyone ban me without doing an IP address confirmation. Why were BarberNJ and Edgarpost banned minutes after J-Bay posted about them being Pikers? Doesn't that confirm that J-Bay is a moderator? My guess is that this moniker disappears when he signs on tonight after supper.

[/QUOTE]

I'm right here, pike.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

Why is there a fraternity here of about a dozen posters headed by J-Bay, Enchilada, or Examiner that has a moderator among them that bans posters who dare to be logical, reasonable, and loyal to the Red Sox? It seems to me that the forum has been taken over by those who wish to stifle positive thoughts.  Tonight J-Bay came in and banned three posters without cause and there is no record of it. No documentation of why he did it since all posts of those that he banned remain.  I strongly suggest that you respond to every post that so that a record of everything is here for BDC to review. 

[/QUOTE]

1. Why have you historically used multiple aliases simultaneously?
    2. How do you justify trying to expose posters' true identities?
    3. Why do you refuse to answer the first two questions?

You should be banned by IP address forever for trying to expose people's identities, what a jerk!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

My larger question is why are some posters NOT banned??

I also post on a much more civil board where respect for opinions is required and personal insults are not allowed.  IMO it's a much more user-friendly place to post.

Of course, on that board I can ALSO GO THE THE FIRST UNREAD POST IN A THREAD!  (hear that, Dottie?)

[/QUOTE]

Come on, the insults are what makes it fun. If you take it THAT seriously, then maybe you shouldn't be on here? But all kidding aside, there aren't very many on this site I intentionally insult. Pike (and all his aliases), Babe (and all his aliases) JintsFan, UD6, Jets trolls on the Pats forum that stir crap and etc. But generally you have to say something pretty stupid or attack me for me to fire back.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  There are a half dozen posters I go out of my way to offend, most but not all of them because they make disgustingly bigoted posts.  Other than them I try not to offend people and have apologised when I realised they misunderstood me.

However, that is different from the to-ing and fro-ing of a barroom sports argument which is all this is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why is there a fraternity here of about a dozen posters headed by J-Bay, Enchilada, or Examiner that has a moderator among them that bans posters who dare to be logical, reasonable, and loyal to the Red Sox? It seems to me that the forum has been taken over by those who wish to stifle positive thoughts.  Tonight J-Bay came in and banned three posters without cause and there is no record of it. No documentation of why he did it since all posts of those that he banned remain.  I strongly suggest that you respond to every post that so that a record of everything is here for BDC to review. 

[/QUOTE]

You should be banned by IP address forever for trying to expose people's identities, what a jerk!

[/QUOTE]

Since pike won't answer SML I'll take a stab at it. Pikes thinking and motive is to build a strong army of who he considers to be true, positive red sox fans, to combat and  counteract who he considers to be pretenders and  negative fans. He can talk to them in agreement to bolster his cause. As far as exposing true identies, BDC can be held liable and pike can be sued.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am I pike?

[/QUOTE]

No, I am Pike.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since pike won't answer SML I'll take a stab at it. Pikes thinking and motive is to build a strong army of who he considers to be true, positive red sox fans, to combat and  counteract who he considers to be pretenders and  negative fans. He can talk to them in agreement to bolster his cause. As far as exposing true identies, BDC can be held liable and pike can be sued.

[/QUOTE]

I will report him for that.  He hasn't attempted it on me that I know of - I have nothing to hide anyway - but consider it a grotesque violation of privacy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

But in a barroom do you get booted for defending the Red Sox. Does the bartender street the Kim girl for waving her poms-poms?  Does the bar have a seperate room called the Gamethread for the most disloyal and clueless of the customers? Does Smiley-Beni make it past the doorman whose name is J-Bay? Does J-Bay bring out cashew nuts for Babe?

[/QUOTE]

Of which you're one, since youre there every night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

But in a barroom do you get booted for defending the Red Sox. Does the bartender street the Kim girl for waving her poms-poms?  Does the bar have a seperate room called the Gamethread for the most disloyal and clueless of the customers? Does Smiley-Beni make it past the doorman whose name is J-Bay? Does J-Bay bring out cashew nuts for Babe?

[/QUOTE]

Why are you avoiding the questions I have asked you 20 times in the past 2 weeks?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

J-Bay last night wonders if BarberNJ and Edgarpost are pikers. Five minutes later they are both banned. What a coincidence. At least on the Portlandsoxfan Forum, we all knew that PSF was the moderator. Here he won't admit it.

[/QUOTE]

If I could I'd ban you forever unless you stopped the nonsense.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

You have behaved terribly for years and you expect everyone to forget immediately?  Besides, you are still using multiple aliases and have not explained why you try to reveal posters' true identities.  Until you stop and explain both I'd never let you back....again, if it were up to me.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

For no reason? Today posters got banned without cause. It seems that J-Bay has that ability to randomly ban posters who contribute to the forum, do no wrong, violate no rules, insult nobody, and provide interesting links and information. Why do Enchilada, Baldy, Examiner, MEF, side with such injustice.  Of those who were banned, show me one post by them that warranted their banning. A complete injustice.

[/QUOTE]

The reason they banned them was so we can keep tracked  of them ....right ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You have behaved terribly for years and you expect everyone to forget immediately?  Besides, you are still using multiple aliases and have not explained why you try to reveal posters' true identities.  Until you stop and explain both I'd never let you back....again, if it were up to me.

[/QUOTE] For years I have been exposing trolls, closet rival fans, and chronic whiners. That is not bad behavior in my book. Most forums are moderated to minimize these pests. You do realize that, don't you? Trolls are a much bigger problem than multiple identities. Are twins or triplets bad for a family? I'd rather know who is pretending to be a fan when he isn't than to have extra Red Sox fans. Why are you afraid of having a few extra red sox fans? A few extra Sox fans will bring them up to be 6% of the forum. Is that a threat to you? Your logic escapes me.

[/QUOTE]

If You Keep It Up With Your Threads And Post This Forum Will Lose 10% Of Its Sox Fans By The End This Year, Let It Go Move On.....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Drewski5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Am I pike?

[/QUOTE]

No, I am Pike.

[/QUOTE]

No, I'm Pike.

24. This post has been removed.