Why do we need to keep losing?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Why do we need to keep losing?

Good posts, Drew and Kimmie. Every team should give their best effort, 162 games. Every team for themselves and should seal their own fate. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Yup, you never lose on purpose, ever.

But picking high is like a small consolation prize for putting up with Valentine all year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]Yup, you never lose on purpose, ever.

But picking high is like a small consolation prize for putting up with Valentine all year.[/QUOTE]

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good posts, Drew and Kimmie. Every team should give their best effort, 162 games. Every team for themselves and should seal their own fate. 

[/QUOTE]

I am not suggesting that the players lose on purpose. I am suggesting the there is a good arguement for fans to hope that they lose every game for the rest of the year. Thats a different thing than taking a dive.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a newly recruited fan of the Marlins and Royals I'm hoping they win all of their remaining games while this sox team keeps losing. It would give the Sox a competitive advantage for the off season. Just think of drafting in the top ten! Not to count going after whichever free agent they want without losing a 1rst round pick.Sorry about my temporary defection to the Marlins and Royals,I'll come back to the team next season.

[/QUOTE]

As you, I have other MLB teams fro whom to root... the A's & Giants.

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been. But it seems the only positive reasons to root for Sox is that they could be spoilers or continue to lose to get better draft picks. But can’t a man have more than one love ? I like the A’s too across the Bay & wanted so badly for them to beat the hated Yankees but I was a bit angry they’ve blown 2 games they could have won. But, and wouldn't the Sox love their pitching as the Giants will win the division tonight & Dodgers with former Sox won’t even make the playoffs. I’ll root for the Pats but also  I have a pretty good backup team to keep up my NFL hopes, the 49ers !!!  And the Celtics are my #1 basketball team so I’ll be at Warrior games to root against the Lakers, whom I hate as much as the Yankees!!!

[/QUOTE]

In baseball it is totally impossible for me to like another team as I do the Red Sox.  I am completely embedded to them like the toughest steel binding, but football is different.  There I have two teams---the Raiders and the Dolphins and I still cannot pick which one I like better so you are right--you can like two teams in a sport.  For me it would be in my second or third sport but not baseball.  As for basketball you might be hating my LA Lakers more than ever because barring unforseen circumstances like a rash of injuries you could be watch on ESPN next June watching the celebration at Staples Center.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to seabeachfred's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a newly recruited fan of the Marlins and Royals I'm hoping they win all of their remaining games while this sox team keeps losing. It would give the Sox a competitive advantage for the off season. Just think of drafting in the top ten! Not to count going after whichever free agent they want without losing a 1rst round pick.Sorry about my temporary defection to the Marlins and Royals,I'll come back to the team next season.

[/QUOTE]

As you, I have other MLB teams fro whom to root... the A's & Giants.

I have been a loyal Boston teams fan, Sox, Celtics & Pats, all my life as 1st 21 years were in Maine. But with last 45 in SF I have been a local fan too. There are some fanatical fans who believe one should only be loyal to one team or state/region’s teams all their lives. I guess had I stayed in New England all my life I would have been. But it seems the only positive reasons to root for Sox is that they could be spoilers or continue to lose to get better draft picks. But can’t a man have more than one love ? I like the A’s too across the Bay & wanted so badly for them to beat the hated Yankees but I was a bit angry they’ve blown 2 games they could have won. But, and wouldn't the Sox love their pitching as the Giants will win the division tonight & Dodgers with former Sox won’t even make the playoffs. I’ll root for the Pats but also  I have a pretty good backup team to keep up my NFL hopes, the 49ers !!!  And the Celtics are my #1 basketball team so I’ll be at Warrior games to root against the Lakers, whom I hate as much as the Yankees!!!

[/QUOTE]

In baseball it is totally impossible for me to like another team as I do the Red Sox.  I am completely embedded to them like the toughest steel binding, but football is different.  There I have two teams---the Raiders and the Dolphins and I still cannot pick which one I like better so you are right--you can like two teams in a sport.  For me it would be in my second or third sport but not baseball.  As for basketball you might be hating my LA Lakers more than ever because barring unforseen circumstances like a rash of injuries you could be watch on ESPN next June watching the celebration at Staples Center.

[/QUOTE]I too like the Raiders but not as much as the Pat's. As for the Lakers they do nothing for me. Even with the addition of Howard (overrated) I don't see them getting out of the West.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Free Agency is the most Expensive Crap-shoot there is. Fans that fall in love with Free Agents signings remind me of Drive by window at McDonalds. You get a top 10 Pick in MLB Draft, you should get an impact Player within a few years. If not than your Talent Evaluators on your Team failed, not the pick.

Your also going to get high picks in the following rounds too, wont bother me if Sox lose out. Season was long gone a while back, time to look into future.

[/QUOTE]

exactly