Why do you love the Red Sox?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Re: Why do you love the Red Sox?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Fenway is one of those rare places where time stands still.  You look at that field and you think of so many thrilling moments and so many heartbreaks, and the field looks exactly the same as it has for so many years.  All the crazy nooks and crannies and the beautiful expanse of green grass with the wall towering over it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

because...oh wait....damn..i've gotta stop being such a joiner :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

For me, my love affair with the Red Sox started in the summer of 1967 in Augusta Maine. Like most 9 year old boys in my neighborhood I loved to play baseball, although I had never paid much attention to the proffessional sport. Both my father and grandfather were huge Red Sox fans though, so the Sox game was always either on the TV or the radio at our house. Something about that 1967 team really captured my imagination. It could have been Yaz, Tony C., George Scott or Jim Lonborg, but by the end of the year I was following the Red Sox as religiously as my male progenitors.
    I've been a Red Sox fan through thick and thin ever since. Granted this year's team is off to a very bad start, but I am still, and will remain a Red Sox fan. I will root for them even when, maybe especially when, they are down.

Same year for me, I was 8 years old in 67 when I first took interest and my two favorite teams were the Sox in the AL and C's for the NL.  I lost interest in the Cards after the Brock, Simmons and "Mad Hungarian" days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

because...oh wait....damn..i've gotta stop being such a joiner :-)

[/QUOTE]

c'mon, dont be afraid Jete.  you can do it.  Just say the words:  LETS.  GO.  RED.  SOX.  You know you wanna.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

carnie my mom lives near Litchfield now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i love my children, ma, and bros....the Red Sox are a hobby....