Why does every conversation about David Ortiz have to be so venomous (on both sides)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Why does every conversation about David Ortiz have to be so venomous (on both sides)?

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moon seems to be willing to make some concessions.  Is he coming at it from a decidedly left of center position?  Sure.

...but one of my very best and longtime friends is an ultraconservative!

(No joke)

[/QUOTE]

Hey!   some of my best friends are ultra-liberal.   LOL

The old .....   Some of my best friends line rears its ugly head yet again.

just kidding Moon!

i really do have mostly very liberal friends, as you no doubt have a number of conservative friends.

Hey!  I'm a teacher.  I'm a victim of circumstance.  What's your excuse?!?!  ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Why does every conversation about David Ortiz have to be so venomous (on both sides)?

We all do need to bring it down a notch.  There is no doubt that the advent of advocacy journalism helps to shape the tone and tenor of our debates here on BDC.  It's a sad thing really!  We never used to talk to each other like this.  I refuse to let the wing nuts on either side to define my politics!

very nice & genuine folks on both sides.  So long as they limit their viewing of talk radio or conversely, MSNBC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Anecdotal evidence is the weakest kind of evidence. No one's limited personal experience proves or disproves that society as a whole is bigoted or not.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anecdotal evidence is the weakest kind of evidence. No one's limited personal experience proves or disproves that society as a whole is bigoted or not.

[/QUOTE]

True, but when someone acts like what happened could not possibly have happened, it makes you wonder what is going on.

Besides, that is just one example of what I see everyday. (I volunteer in a public school near my home.)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Phil Robertson has anecdotal evidence that black field hands were happy and did not hate whites before the Civil Rights movement.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hey!  I'm a teacher.  I'm a victim of circumstance.  What's your excuse?!?!  ;)\

I have been a near FT volunteer at some local schools for 6 years.  Mostly low income students.

That's my excuse!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In response to tvfrank's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stop the presses! This is as shocking as anything discussed on this thread. During the Stupor Bowl, Bob Dylan did a commercial. Is nothing sacred? C'mon Zimmerman, don't you have enough money? I'm very disappointed in the one guy i thought would never sell out. 

Oh well, one of my favorite actors died today and one of my favorite singers should have.

[/QUOTE]

Bob Dylan sold out the day he signed with Columbia Records.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey!  I'm a teacher.  I'm a victim of circumstance.  What's your excuse?!?!  ;)\

I have been a near FT volunteer at some local schools for 6 years.  Mostly low income students.

That's my excuse!

[/QUOTE]

You know I was kidding.  Right?

:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

You must be so confused then Pike?  "Do I condemn the dog, as I am want to do, or do I praise  him for standing up?  Oh, what to do.  Guess I'll keep tilting at windmills.  I am Don Quixote!"

wish I could remember this, but I simply don't.  I'll take your word though.

I won't go so far as to call them all racists though, as I really don't remember the ins & outs of the thread.

Glad you've got it all figured out.  But, please refrain from citing me in your warped little war on all the trolls of BDC.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to JoseLaguna's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A deafening silence here on why the Leominster thread where 10-15 forum regulars sided with the cop who racially slurred Carl Crawford was removed by BDC and why it isn't being discussed now.  At the end of that thread RSDD lost his patience with the racists and said that it was the intent of the cop to slur Crawford and that the cop knew that the word " Monday" was a slur. Yet 10-15 forum regulars continued to defend the cop who later was fired. Slasher revived the thread from the archives. The issue on this thread from the start was the FORUM being venomous and racist and it WASN'T about Boston, Maine, New England, or the USA. RSDD was against the racists then  and now he is diluting himself. He will turn invisible in a few more minutes. If this forum regulars resided in Leominster then the cop would still be employed.

[/QUOTE]

P.s.  aren't you the one who is always telling me I'm being "duped" by the likes of Bill, Softy, & a few others, and that my calling them out is a joke.  That I'm being played?

Dude!  Time you got your stories straight!  You are without a doubt the trippiest little Don Quixote dude I've ever encountered.  BIZZARO WORLD!

LOL.    ;).   FREAKY

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

So, he should have signed with Capitol, Atlantic, Warner Bros., or Reprise. Oh, I get it, he shouldn't have signed with anyone. He should have sung his songs on the streets.  Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Btw, I doubt Columbia Records had any input in what Dylan recorded. They were there for distribution and nothing more. I can accept that, but there's no excuse for ever doing a tv commercial. 

Is there anything on this planet lower than marketing? In the words of the great Bill Hicks "Anybody in this audience in marketing? Please kill yourselves." (people start laughing) Hicks says "seriously, please kill yourselves."

[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's right. You are naive if you think Dylan wasn't marketed by his record labels.

Without marketing, how are people even aware of a product or how and where to get it? You have no clue what marketing actually is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stop the presses! This is as shocking as anything discussed on this thread. During the Stupor Bowl, Bob Dylan did a commercial. Is nothing sacred? C'mon Zimmerman, don't you have enough money? I'm very disappointed in the one guy i thought would never sell out. 

Oh well, one of my favorite actors died today and one of my favorite singers should have.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, he should have signed with Capitol, Atlantic, Warner Bros., or Reprise. Oh, I get it, he shouldn't have signed with anyone. He should have sung his songs on the streets.  Yes, that makes perfect sense.

Btw, I doubt Columbia Records had any input in what Dylan recorded. They were there for distribution and nothing more. I can accept that, but there's no excuse for ever doing a tv commercial. 

Is there anything on this planet lower than marketing? In the words of the great Bill Hicks "Anybody in this audience in marketing? Please kill yourselves." (people start laughing) Hicks says "seriously, please kill yourselves."

[/QUOTE]

Better stop watching & listening to the Sox?

calm down now TVfrank.  ;)

Lighten up Francis ~

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

And this ain't the first time the pure Mr. Dylan has "sold out". That ship sailed a long time ago.

http://gothamist.com/2014/01/30/videos_a_brief_history_of_bob_dylan.php

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Reminds me of softy bashing Jews like Dylan for changing their names.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Better stop watching & listening to the Sox?

calm down now TVfrank.  ;)

Lighten up Francis ~

[/QUOTE]

I am calm, but thanks for your concern. Damn, I miss Bill Hicks and George Carlin. They hated everybody.

[/QUOTE]

Ok....   Now that was funny. :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Was I bashing Dylan? I love his music. I just don't hold him up as some ideal of artistic purity, nor do I hold up any entertainer in that way. I have no problem with him making money. I do have a problem with fans idolising him and making him out to be a pure artist.

Oh, and the soft one stole that tack from Rush Limbaugh. He is lamely attempting to imply some weakness or cowardice in Jews who change their names for show biz reasons. I could care less what name anyone one goes by. I am more concerned with substantial things like the content of their character.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

SMH.  really?

how many years and how many experiences would make evidence "not weak" or (god forbid) "strong"???

not sure if society turns a blind eye because it doesnt involve them personally /their family /their children or if people are really this ignorant to what is going on in
    America. 

And i would NOT specifically label the deep south as the only source of (whatever word you would like to call it) - i live in NJ and work NE of Philly and get "hassled" on the regular. 

The movie "ride-a-long" got me thinking of an interesting twist on that concept...that anyone that doesnt believe profiling exists should spend 1 week riding shotgun with a black man driving a bmw/audi/merc/lex/porsche....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Was I bashing Dylan? I love his music. I just don't hold him up as some ideal of artistic purity, nor do I hold up any entertainer in that way. I have no problem with him making money. I do have a problem with fans idolising him and making him out to be a pure artist.

Oh, and the soft one stole that tack from Rush Limbaugh. He is lamely attempting to imply some weakness or cowardice in Jews who change their names for show biz reasons. I could care less what name anyone one goes by. I am more concerned with substantial things like the content of their character.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why some of you guys keep assuming I am implying something sinister. I had no intention of making it look like you or anyone on this thread was bashing Dylan. This thread has been mostly about racism and bigotry, and the mention of Dylan made me think of softy's stance on Jews who change their names.

Sorry for any confusion.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why some of you guys keep assuming I am implying something sinister. I had no intention of making it look like you or anyone on this thread was bashing Dylan. This thread has been mostly about racism and bigotry, and the mention of Dylan made me think of softy's stance on Jews who change their names.

Sorry for any confusion.

[/QUOTE]

OK, that's cool.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]

Moon seems to be willing to make some concessions.  Is he coming at it from a decidedly left of center position?  Sure.

...but one of my very best and longtime friends is an ultraconservative!

(No joke)

[/QUOTE]

I thought that was one of the beauties of the USA ... we can be from different belief structures, political leanings, long time residents or newly arrived in areas and all sorts of other possibilities and still be friends.