Why Does Everyone Think Hanrahan is Great? Didn't we hear the same thing with Bailey last winter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Hanrahan is Great? Didn't we hear the same thing with Bailey last winter?

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Alibiike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"My opinion that we will have a better than average ERA is based on Bill James projections:"

Well then, it must be true!

The god of statistical analysis has spoken!

[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's how it goes in the real world.  Statistical analysis will beat gut feeling consistently.  And knowing where you are on the food chain probably means more than knowing the information itself.

[/QUOTE]

Would that be the Stokely food chain? Isn't that where Bill James used to work?

[/QUOTE]

whiner

[/QUOTE]

Another thought provoking post from the village idiot!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: Why Does Everyone Think Hanrahan is Great? Didn't we hear the same thing with Bailey last winter?

Who cares who the closer is?  Our best new arm is Uehara - since 2010, he's got a WHIP of .772 and has only walked 17 batters in 145 innings.  Bailey has had some good years, and deserves more than 15 innings in a Red Sox uniform to prove his worth.

Uehara, Hanrahan, Bailey, Tazawa, Miller, Breslow, Aceves - this is reminiscent of the 2011 Yankees, when they had Robertson, Soriano & Rivera, and effectively only required 5-6 innings out of guys like Colon and Garcia.  We probably shouldn't expect more than six out of Dempster and Lackey.  But with this solid a bullpen, I think we have a shot.

Tazawa, Aceves & Mortensen all feel like viable starters if somebody falters or gets injured.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares who the closer is?  Our best new arm is Uehara - since 2010, he's got a WHIP of .772 and has only walked 17 batters in 145 innings.  Bailey has had some good years, and deserves more than 15 innings in a Red Sox uniform to prove his worth.

Uehara, Hanrahan, Bailey, Tazawa, Miller, Breslow, Aceves - this is reminiscent of the 2011 Yankees, when they had Robertson, Soriano & Rivera, and effectively only required 5-6 innings out of guys like Colon and Garcia.  We probably shouldn't expect more than six out of Dempster and Lackey.  But with this solid a bullpen, I think we have a shot.

Tazawa, Aceves & Mortensen all feel like viable starters if somebody falters or gets injured.

[/QUOTE]

you want to know the best part of your post? you forgot about Morales and RDLR!! good god we have a stacked BP! we could drop our top 3 BP pitchers and still have an above average pen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you want to know the best part of your post? you forgot about Morales and RDLR!! good god we have a stacked BP!

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually hoping they're going to stretch Rubby out as a starter in Pawtucket.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you want to know the best part of your post? you forgot about Morales and RDLR!! good god we have a stacked BP!

[/QUOTE]

I'm actually hoping they're going to stretch Rubby out as a starter in Pawtucket.

[/QUOTE]

same here. i included RDLR as a part of this end of his post: Tazawa, Aceves & Mortensen all feel like viable starters if somebody falters or gets injured.