why does nobody miss adrian gonzalez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: why does nobody miss adrian gonzalez

In response to moonslav59's comment:

And Moonshwemp, the Tigers wouldn't be trading farm scraps, it's the Red Sox. Put down your booze and work your pea brain.

Then word your sentence correctly next time...The tigers would probablt takefarm scraps for Vmart, not trade them.

His secretary (mom) was probably upstairs cleaning his sippy cup when he wrote that post.

+1 :)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I don't really care that he's gone because of his seemingly careless additude.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Seemingly being the operative word.  He may have been low-key.  He may not have been a clubhouse leader.  He may have believed that God's will ultimately dictated his performance.  But I find it extremely hard to believe someone can go out night after night and hit as well as he does and play stellar defense like he does and not care.  Those skills take hard work and fierce competitive instinct.  They take a lot of care.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

careless?? I think the operative term would be carefree.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

AGon will be missed, but not the money he was being paid.

CC will not be missed.

Josh will not be missed.

Punto is already forgotten.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

AGon will be missed, but not the money he was being paid.

CC will not be missed.

Josh will not be missed.

Punto is already forgotten.

There is no question that this trade was a no-brainer. I think Gonzalez' production will be good, but not deserving of 20M. It will be missed though, but can be replaced in other ways. Beckett and CC will not be missed here in Boston...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from phantom. Show phantom's posts

In response to baddad's comment:

its amazing how nobody seems upset about not having agon amymore.......as advertised he was a 300 hiter,,,good for 100 ribbies and a doubles machine at fenway as predicted,,,as well as a gold glover......everything but the long balls,,,,i say he will be missed,,,,,,when we got him we red sox fans were celebrating,,,,,,,now its kudos to cherington for getting rid of him,,,,i think thats ridiculous....im sure dodgers would have taken some decent prospects instead,,,,,,maybe its just me but ben just seems like a larrys puppet,,,,,,and thats gonna hurt us,,,,,does anybody agree

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

I Miss AGONS Bat, But Not His Blazing 11.5 Second Run To 1st Base.......

• You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Silly OP.  The hitting disintegrated the day AGon left and never recovered--thus the 93 losses because the pitching was also lousy.  I agreed with the firesale and still do, but think filling the holes is a big challenge for Cherington.  The Sox need a good arm and one or two good bats, and that's assuming Ortiz and Ross are re-signed.   

In response to 56redsox's comment:

I Miss AGONS Bat, But Not His Blazing 11.5 Second Run To 1st Base.......

I swear I thought he was jogging a few times, but turns out he was slower than I thought.

It was like he was running full speed, all-out... under water.

It was like he was running full speed, all-out... under water.

I wonder what hes gonna look like 4 -5 years from now...By that time he'll be running so slow he'll be going backwards.

He will be missed, but 2013 is probably a lost season anyways, and by 2014 and beyond, he may have begun to decline anyways (if he didn't already in 2012).

Try to keep up. This is an AGon thread.

In response to softlaw's comment:

Wastefield will not be missed, but the nightmare player he was is haunting.

Ugh (facepalm)

• You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I don't miss Gonzalez because he was a singles hitter in Boston. The Red Sox signed him to a long-term contract to be the player he was in San Diego, not the Cincinnati Reds version of Sean Casey.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

not missing Agon simply because he didn't seem to be happy in Boston.  he's thrilled to be on west coast.  sometimes it is as simple as having your home base where you are personally happy in order to play your best.  Ortiz is happy in Boston and we are fortunate in that even tho the love affair is down to 2 years.  My bet is on him earning his money.

in the minority here, but think RS will miss Crawford in time to come even tho the drag on money made trading him the right thing to do at the time.  Mark McGuire is likely headed to LA as batting coach and he will probably do wonders for helping Crawford get on track.  McGuire wants LA to be near his family - Dodgers just got lucky there, but might end up giving them the last laugh about taking Crawford.

And Moonshwemp, the Tigers wouldn't be trading farm scraps, it's the Red Sox.

Exactly, but the point is that it was you who said it, not me.

(side note: You shouldn't have fired your mom as your basement secretary...it is showing.)

The difference between $1M and zero is less that the difference between $17M you said mauer would get and what he signed for.

In response to jackbu's comment:

Possibly because when he went to the dodgers they were a half game out of first.  By the season end they were 12 games out.  He does not always hit under pressure and this is a big reason I don't miss him

They finished 8 out, and just 2 games behind the eventual WC winner & WS champ.

• Sections
    Shortcuts