Why doesn't anyone say Dumpster anymore?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Why doesn't anyone say Dumpster anymore?

Just curious.  I mean it rhymes and everything...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: Why doesn't anyone say Dumpster anymore?

Haha cuz he's been pretty dirty

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

If hes dirty then wouldn't that make him a dirty dumpster? Haha just kiddin

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

Just 1 repetitive moron still does.  No names necessary... that would be a personal attack, and not allowed by BDC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

It's because those opinions were voiced by people with no self-esteem and no self-confidence.  I make a mistake, I laugh it off.  I'll regale people with stories of flagging down a cop car in Boston, thinking it was a cab, at 2 AM.  Others feel as if it impugns their intellect if they admit mistakes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaffyDan. Show DaffyDan's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Just goes to show you how a #5 should perform.... and how pathetic Wakefield was in 2011. 

And all you had to do was pay someone 6.5 times more...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Another 3-4 good starts and Dempster will start making me believe he was not a mistake. He has certainly done very well so far. The only SP that has been consistently having problems is Doubront. He really needs to step up his game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He's really been solid in every outing. A  very good pickup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Dempster has been solid too.  I'm sure the Toronto media will also accuse him of cheating too.  LOL

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Dumpster with another solid 6 innings outing, early in the season. The finish line is a long, long, long way off, for this Canadian gem that the Rangers let get away.

I have zero confidence that Dumpster can sustain better than about a 4.5 ERA, but we'll see where he is after game 162. A good start only matters if there is a good finish. We're at the stage where Dumpster is in round 1 and he's just hit a good drive and a good iron shot and made a birdie. We are just entering the first turn of the Belmont Stakes.

I've noted that confidence is high for the Dumpster signing.

I agree. He is pitching very well so far.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Dumpster with another solid 6 innings outing, early in the season. The finish line is a long, long, long way off, for this Canadian gem that the Rangers let get away.

I have zero confidence that Dumpster can sustain better than about a 4.5 ERA, but we'll see where he is after game 162. A good start only matters if there is a good finish. We're at the stage where Dumpster is in round 1 and he's just hit a good drive and a good iron shot and made a birdie. We are just entering the first turn of the Belmont Stakes.

Brilliant.  So a 27-0 start with 27 perfect games comprising 27 strikeouts each won't matter if the finish is getting shelled in the last 5 games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Another 3-4 good starts and Dempster will start making me believe he was not a mistake. He has certainly done very well so far. The only SP that has been consistently having problems is Doubront. He really needs to step up his game.

Why didn't he need 3-4 bad starts for the Sox, for you to call him "Dumpster"?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The sample size is much larger than many you have used to bash players you hate... like about 24 of our 25 players on the ML roster.

"Look at the game logs!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Cuz I never called him Dumpster.  I supported him when we signed him.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I will admit, I did not support Boston signing Dempster.  I thought Cherington was doing a favor to help promote a stronger partnership between New England and Canada (Dempster's Canadian).   LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was against the Dempster signing from day 1. I thought we needed to go with a younger pitcher for longer years, but so far- so good!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Just goes to show you how a #5 should perform.... and how pathetic Wakefield was in 2011. 

He is a number 3 coming off a great year, hard to compare him to Wake.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The sample size is much larger than many you have used to bash players you hate... like about 24 of our 25 players on the ML roster.

"Look at the game logs!"

Oh man, you beat me to it! I was looking forward to using "game logs" against Softy. It must really stink to root against the team you follow just so you be right with your incoherant ramblings. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He's our No. 3.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I was against the Dempster signing from day 1. I thought we needed to go with a younger pitcher for longer years, but so far- so good!

He is overpaid.

That doesn't mean he isn't a decent pitcher. He is and has been for quite a while.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Another solid start for demp last night. Not as sharp as hes been, but still a solid outing with 1 ER through 6IP. I was one of the few that actually understood and liked this signing.

You can note that if you'd like softy.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I loved the signing.  Despite Dempster's age, he keeps himself in impeccable shape and is extremely healthy for his age.  I preferred signing Dempster for 2 @ 13 to the outlandish contracts that mediocre pitches like Edwin Jackson and Annibal Sanchez received.  I preferred him to McCarthy because despite the fact that he is much older than McCarthy, he is much healthier (which is at least equal performance).

Sure Dempster is 37, but 37 is only one year older than 36.  And when Dempster was 36, he started the all-star game for the NL.  This was a guy who was flipped for two top prospects last year.  And he wasnt as bad in Texas as his ERA indicated.  A couple of bad starts ruined the small sample.  He had a ton of Ks and a good amount of quality starts in Texas.

2 @ 13 for a pitcher does not buy what it use to.  Dempster has been a durable #2 pitcher for 3-4 years now.  I expect some regression, but I liked the acquisition for 2 @ 13 because of the market and because of Dempster's track record.

Sections
Shortcuts