Why dont I hear...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Why dont I hear...

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Try to use your intellect.  Virtually every FA that is mentioned draws a reply from you that he is worth $1-2M.

10M for Beltre, 150M for AGon extension, is not "1-2M for virtually every "FA".  2 Years and 20M for Ortiz, for Ortiz for 2012 and 2013 is not "1-2M for virtually every FA".

Try to use your intellect. Virtually every FA this Board and/or the Red Sox GM covets is not a value and fit @ 142M for a slap hitting lefty corner OF'er and 80 million plus for a 2nd rate AL West starting pitching bum. And, stay out of south side pitching dumpsters, use your intellect.

My budget, which has provided for constructing the entire 2013 roster, is 100 to 120M. Because of the pathetic labor pool this FA season, unless the trade and extension target I want is acquired, the Red Sox budget should not exceed about 100M for 2013. 

Use your intellect and stop thinking that "because of the times it's necessary to spend nearly a billion dollars on Big Labor costs to get zero playoff wins over a 4 year period.  

Frankly, I'm embarrassed at all the Labor lemming Red Sox fans. I couldn't protest enough on getting rid of washed up terrible peforming bums like Varitek and Wakefield, and the disgraceful Red Sox Labor performance over the last 4 years that has cost a fortune for loser baseball.

But, hey, keep on cheerleading and pipe dreaming about "we need to pay the market for X, Y and Z, because that's what it takes to get X,Y and Z".

It's about how the money is spent, says the patronizing fanatic? You bet it is, and it's also about how much of the money isn't wasted on contracts that lock in years of loser baseball. 

[/QUOTE]

Make it easy.  Show me your proposed roster for 2013, with prices.  We're at about $97M right now, without a RF or a 1B or a #5 SP.  Who are you going to sign for $3M-$23M that will put us back in the playoffs, or at least in contention?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Much mention of Shane Victorino? Hes still a good player that would come at a good price and years, isnt he?

Hes got a really good arm, switch hitter, and could cover RF in Fenway with his athleticism. hes coming off a down year which could help with his price. hes 32, but still in good enough shape for a 2yr deal.

Im not sure what hes asking for, but like i said, if he would do 2yr deal, Id def consider it.

[/QUOTE]   Like the "BIG O",  everything (most) should be on the table.........Not that the "BIG O" will get anything done but BEN needs to make sure that we don't fall off the FREE-AGENCY CLIFF !!!!

[/QUOTE]

So, Genius, what steps do you think the President should take to correct the issues you complain about?  Be specific, not your usual idiotic, non-specific nonsense.  Fiscal policy?  Foreign policy?  Employment policy?  Etc.

Surely you're not an ignorant buffoon without an idea in your head, so let's hear them!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Much mention of Shane Victorino? Hes still a good player that would come at a good price and years, isnt he?

Hes got a really good arm, switch hitter, and could cover RF in Fenway with his athleticism. hes coming off a down year which could help with his price. hes 32, but still in good enough shape for a 2yr deal.

Im not sure what hes asking for, but like i said, if he would do 2yr deal, Id def consider it.

[/QUOTE]

The optimist in me says there is no discussion on him because the posters don't like his down year or his age.  The realist in me says some of the posters only want to sign guys they heard of, and that anyone that had even a single bad year, is finished.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I find the "He sucked this year. Hes finished, Its time to trade him." statements Fantasy baseballish...Nevermind the last few prior years. Lester is a good example of that for sure.

[/QUOTE]

This year's poster child for that has to be Reynolds.  "Only 23 HRs!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]   Like the "BIG O",  everything (most) should be on the table.........Not that the "BIG O" will get anything done but BEN needs to make sure that we don't fall off the FREE-AGENCY CLIFF !!!!

[/QUOTE]

So, Genius, what steps do you think the President should take to correct the issues you complain about?  Be specific, not your usual idiotic, non-specific nonsense.  Fiscal policy?  Foreign policy?  Employment policy?  Etc.

Surely you're not an ignorant buffoon without an idea in your head, so let's hear them!

[/QUOTE]

People like that never have specifics.  Like others in here, it is always easier to say 'him stoopid' than to say why.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yes i've been saying this for a long time...i would love victorino on this team..most people think RF you should have power..victorino is good for 10-12 HR's 25 SB's 12-15 triples 60 RBI

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

I was thinking about Victorino yesterday. Today Olney said Victorino was "looking" for only 9-10 million dollars a year. I would sign Victorino at those prices.

What would be better....Victorino at 3-27 or Swisher at 4-60? Victorino is the better fielder and runner. Has CF versatility. He is younger then Swisher. Less years and less money. Both are switch hitters with good attitudes. Victorino also has better WAR numbers the last 2-3-4 years aswell as career.

The only advantage Swisher has is that he has better OPS numbers. Although in 2011 Victorino did have the better OPS. But on average Swisher has about a 60 point edge. Does that along with a better pitch taking skill make up the Victorino advantages? I am not so sure.

One interesting thing about Victorino is that most of his power comes from the right side. He would be able to take advantage of the Monster on occasion.

The big question about Victorino is why did he have bad offensive stats last year? Part of it was a low BABIP of just .278, about 20 points below his career numbers. Part of it was having to play in Dodger stadium for a 3rd of the season. If you look at some of his other stats, there are no red flags I can find. He had his best steal season of his career. His K/BB rate was in line with his career numbers and almost identical to his 2010 numbers.

If we did sign Victorino, it would atleast open up the possibility of trading Ellsbury. I am sure Moon would be happy about that. A Seattle deal of Walker for Ellsbury might actually make some sense. Ellsbury to Seattle has always been the most logical destination if he was traded. And they seem kind of desperate for offense and out fielders. The location. The park both offensively aswell as defensively. He could be sold as the face of the franchise.

As for Victorino waiting being a good idea.... Isn't it more likely that with a glut of CF's on the market that the musical chairs may run out on him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

After reading the article on boston.com, Farrell has bigger plans for Gomes in LF he was a platoon player but now the Sox may see Gomes getting more bats this year as a Red Sox.

Gomes just may be the the FT LF. Victorino a vet fielder can be sign to play RF. Gomes Ellsbury and Victorino can be a possible starting outfield. And Cody Ross is still an good option. These 4 OF's can fill the holes and also see more of what our propsects can do when thier time comes.

Gomes is known to be a good club house player. The Red Sox next season will be playing with chips on thier shoulders.

BC also said not the exact words on the boston.com," that so far the starting rotation will not change because thier is lots of time between now and training season".

Lester Lackey Bucholtz Doubront from what I speculate is so far the rotation. The Sox will need to get one FA starter. to complete a five rotation and Morales in that wait and see starter spot.

Assuming that BC signs C. Ross, Victorino and a good possibility that Napoli will be sign. These 3 players can fill in some needed holes the OF Gomes C. Ross Ellsbury Victorino will be lot better then what we have now. Napoli can help on 1B, C and extra power hitting.

BC is playing the patience game, lost out on some big names, but the three above in bold can get signed.  Cherrington can still  have money  to spend on FA pitcher or maybe make a big splash and get the ace pitcher via block buster trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

Make it easy.  Show me your proposed roster for 2013, with prices.  We're at about $97M right now, without a RF or a 1B or a #5 SP.  Who are you going to sign for $3M-$23M that will put us back in the playoffs, or at least in contention?

You don't pay attention. I've posted it on other threads with a complete list of names and budget ledger. Look it up.

For those who need cliff notes, I'll "make it easy":

Acquire J. Upton via trade market (3 teams as needed goes without saying in the trade market) via trading pool of Ellsbury and his draft compensation option, plus Brentz, plus Webster or De La Rosa, plus one more of any farm choice except Barnes and Bradley, Jr. (Add Bogaerts and subtract Brentz if required to outbid competing trade offers, and, unlikely, include them both if that is the required trade market price)

The money is a net ledger change of zero on J. Upton and Ellsbury for 2013

I acquire Loney for 1 to 2M and one year, with an option, and platoon him with Gomez, if I can't acquire VMart for two "farm scraps" not ranking in the top 6 according to BA internal Red Sox team prospect rankings, or Napoli at 2 @ base 10M (My budget was noted up to 120 if this trade market deal is closed)

I offer Reed Johnson 1 year and 1.5M MLB contract. I offer Sizemore one year and a potential 2M plus another 1M in performance incentives on a minor league "FA if not on MLB roster before the last weeks of spring training. I offer Pods and Sweeney the same minor league contracts for potential 1.5M.

2013 OF:

J. Upton LF

CF Platoon of Pods or Sizemore and Johnson 

RF Platoon Gomes & Kalish

Depth: Sweeney or Pods, Bradley, Jr., Linares and Brentz if he's not traded   

Rotation:  I offer Saunders 1 year MLB contract for 2M, Francis a MLB of 1 year and 1M option year 2 .5 buyout, minor league 2M contract offers "FA if not on roster by last stage of spring training" to Harden, Bedard, Lowe, Wang  and J. Sanchez

Lester

Buchholz

Doubrant

Lackey

Tazawa and/or De La Rosa or Webster

and/or Morales and/or Saunders and/or Francis and/or Harden and/or Bedard and/or Lowe and/or Wang and/or Sanchez

Without VMart or Napoli acquired on my terms, my opending day budget is about 100 to 105M with Napoli or VMart, my budget is 115 to 120M, see details on other threads

[/QUOTE]

O yea that opening day lineup would be just lovely softlaw you cheapskate. And by the way why the he11 would you put J.Upton in LF when hes more Valuable in RF. Yea i totally want slow a55 Johhny gomes playing RF in Fenway you bonehead. Not to mention that the Diamondbacks arnt gonna trade J.Upton unless they get an offer that absolutely blows them away. James "no power" Loney and Mauro"forever a AAAA player" Gomez at first is totally unacceptable. You talk about people dumpster diving but what are saunders, harden,bedard,lowe, and wang. Yea thats right Dumpster diving garbage. Reed johnson is old, Grady sizemore cant stay healthy,and Podsednik should not play more than 40-55 games. Theres no way Napoli is signing for under three years when hes already getting three year offers and looking for a forth. Again Softlaw being Penny wise and Dollar foolish as usual.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The optimist in me says there is no discussion on him because the posters don't like his down year or his age.  The realist in me says some of the posters only want to sign guys they heard of, and that anyone that had even a single bad year, is finished.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of your last posts. I wouldn't mind Victorino... It would also guarantee Red Sox highlights every day out here in Hawaii! I would rather have Victorino for two years than Gomes for two years.

I'd rather have K Morales at first than Napoli, but Morales is another of those coming off an injury, and it would require a trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

In response to pinstripezac's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RickEO's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ichiro is a horrible clubhouse guy

[/QUOTE]

Seattle

which clubhouse ?

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Ichiro is a horrible clubhouse guy   ...  which clubhouse?   Seattle

"Horrible" is too harsh a word, but Ichiro was not a leader in the clubhouse:

http://seattletimes.com/text/2018836471.html

It wasn't so much what Ichiro did, it was what Ichiro failed to do.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

He's an old 2nd rate corner OF bum who is no longer capable of playing season long adequate CF. Which is why he's in his 2nd dumpster. ]

But, since you brought him up, you need to provide the 26M offer specifics that you provided on the great Torii Hunter. What's your offer for old man Shane? My offer is limited to his Red Sox value and fit of one year and 2M to platoon in CF and RF. I suspect from your thread that your offer is 2 years and 20M plus.

[/QUOTE]

dont suspect anything...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

Try to use your intellect.  Virtually every FA that is mentioned draws a reply from you that he is worth $1-2M.

10M for Beltre, 150M for AGon extension, is not "1-2M for virtually every "FA".  2 Years and 20M for Ortiz, for Ortiz for 2012 and 2013 is not "1-2M for virtually every FA".

Try to use your intellect. Virtually every FA this Board and/or the Red Sox GM covets is not a value and fit @ 142M for a slap hitting lefty corner OF'er and 80 million plus for a 2nd rate AL West starting pitching bum. And, stay out of south side pitching dumpsters, use your intellect.

My budget, which has provided for constructing the entire 2013 roster, is 100 to 120M. Because of the pathetic labor pool this FA season, unless the trade and extension target I want is acquired, the Red Sox budget should not exceed about 100M for 2013. 

Use your intellect and stop thinking that "because of the times it's necessary to spend nearly a billion dollars on Big Labor costs to get zero playoff wins over a 4 year period.  

Frankly, I'm embarrassed at all the Labor lemming Red Sox fans. I couldn't protest enough on getting rid of washed up terrible peforming bums like Varitek and Wakefield, and the disgraceful Red Sox Labor performance over the last 4 years that has cost a fortune for loser baseball.

But, hey, keep on cheerleading and pipe dreaming about "we need to pay the market for X, Y and Z, because that's what it takes to get X,Y and Z".

It's about how the money is spent, says the patronizing fanatic? You bet it is, and it's also about how much of the money isn't wasted on contracts that lock in years of loser baseball. 

[/QUOTE]

Funny, because after arb cases thats about what the payroll will be, if not a little higher. My guess is the payroll should be around 130-140M when we enter ST...100M isnt realistic. We wouldnt be able to sign anyone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

Ichiro is a horrible clubhouse guy

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?!? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BMav's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was thinking about Victorino yesterday. Today Olney said Victorino was "looking" for only 9-10 million dollars a year. I would sign Victorino at those prices.

What would be better....Victorino at 3-27 or Swisher at 4-60? Victorino is the better fielder and runner. Has CF versatility. He is younger then Swisher. Less years and less money. Both are switch hitters with good attitudes. Victorino also has better WAR numbers the last 2-3-4 years aswell as career.

The only advantage Swisher has is that he has better OPS numbers. Although in 2011 Victorino did have the better OPS. But on average Swisher has about a 60 point edge. Does that along with a better pitch taking skill make up the Victorino advantages? I am not so sure.

One interesting thing about Victorino is that most of his power comes from the right side. He would be able to take advantage of the Monster on occasion.

The big question about Victorino is why did he have bad offensive stats last year? Part of it was a low BABIP of just .278, about 20 points below his career numbers. Part of it was having to play in Dodger stadium for a 3rd of the season. If you look at some of his other stats, there are no red flags I can find. He had his best steal season of his career. His K/BB rate was in line with his career numbers and almost identical to his 2010 numbers.

If we did sign Victorino, it would atleast open up the possibility of trading Ellsbury. I am sure Moon would be happy about that. A Seattle deal of Walker for Ellsbury might actually make some sense. Ellsbury to Seattle has always been the most logical destination if he was traded. And they seem kind of desperate for offense and out fielders. The location. The park both offensively aswell as defensively. He could be sold as the face of the franchise.

As for Victorino waiting being a good idea.... Isn't it more likely that with a glut of CF's on the market that the musical chairs may run out on him?

[/QUOTE]

Victorino is 5 days younger than Swisher.  I am not sure that really qualifies as "younger."

Victorino will be worth about the same as Swisher.  Both have been fairly consistent 4WAR players for the past few years.

One would think Victorino might prefer to wait it out.  Right now, his best selling point is "cheaper than Michael Bourn." Once Bourn signs, his selling point advances to "best remaining leadoff CF on the market." 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

And by the way why the he11 would you put J.Upton in LF when hes more Valuable in RF. Yea i totally want slow a55 Johhny gomes playing RF in Fenway

Mental midget, J. Upton goes to LF because he needs fresh legs for his purpose, which is to slug. Gomes is a platoon in RF guy, who is taken out in late innings close game leads for defensive purposes.

As for cheap budget, get back with me when 100 to 120M is a cheap budget. And mental midget, the Red Sox have spent nearly a billion dollars for zero playoff wins over the last 4 years!

Now, mental midget, tell the Board your specific 25 man roster and 40 man roster budget for 2013.

[/QUOTE]

You get your lunch money taken on a daily basis, in middle school, don't you...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

And by the way why the he11 would you put J.Upton in LF when hes more Valuable in RF. Yea i totally want slow a55 Johhny gomes playing RF in Fenway

Mental midget, J. Upton goes to LF because he needs fresh legs for his purpose, which is to slug. Gomes is a platoon in RF guy, who is taken out in late innings close game leads for defensive purposes.

As for cheap budget, get back with me when 100 to 120M is a cheap budget. And mental midget, the Red Sox have spent nearly a billion dollars for zero playoff wins over the last 4 years!

Now, mental midget, tell the Board your specific 25 man roster and 40 man roster budget for 2013.

[/QUOTE]

love how you demand others to post their budget for 2013 and then you post your joke of a roster & budget with your J upton pipe dream, dumpster diving for bargain bin players who shouldn't even be in baseball anymore let alone being paid 1-2 mil for the sox.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Now that signing napoli is confirmed. Victorino is starting to sound more realistic, and Shane will settle for a two year deal to play RF. We can see Gomes starting LF at Fenway and one of the young fielders with defensive skills playing LF on the road with Gomes pinch hitting on the road games.

Fenway games: Gomes Ells Victorino

Road Games: which ever propsect/ young OF shows good promise during spring training will get the nod from farrell to play LF on the road and platoon the OF. The sox have it so they should use the cash flow and prospects wisely.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I see the team around 150-160. They need a pitcher or two and one more outfielder. On the nice to have front another infielder to compete with Iggy. 

CF Ellsbury - 10

2B Pedroia -10

RF Hamilton -20

1B Napoli - 13

DH Papi - 13

3B WMB

C Salty or Lavarnway 4 or .5

LF Gomes 5

SS .5- 10

Swap  Hamilton for any solid RF and you have a solid team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Justin upton is 23 you really think he needs to "rest his legs" so he can hit more bombs. Your totally off your rocker. Not to mention One of Justins biggest assets is speed so im gonna go your route and say your taking away from his value if you put him in LF.Not to mention that Justin has become one of the best defensive RF in the game. And Your Fvcking crazy if you think Johnny Gomes can play right in fenway.