Why hasn't Bobby Valentine been fired already?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Why hasn't Bobby Valentine been fired already?

Or moved up to the front office or something? Bring up Beyeler already.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Why hasn't Bobby Valentine been fired already?

In response to carnie's comment:

Or moved up to the front office or something? Bring up Beyeler already.

Joe Castiglione said Arnie Beyeler and the pawsox pitching coach, will join the staff tomorrow carnie, when they return to home to Fenway. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Count me as a hater then, because I think Bobby needs to go right now. Beyeler had his team of scrubs and scraps playing for the AAA championship this year. He deserves a shot at the big job.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Count me as a hater then, because I think Bobby needs to go right now. Beyeler had his team of scrubs and scraps playing for the AAA championship this year. He deserves a shot at the big job.

I agree. May be thats why theyre joining the club. see how they fit into the mix. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I agree. May be thats why theyre joining the club. see how they fit into the mix.
    I haven't seen anything about Beyeler and his staff coming up to Boston. It would be good news if it happened. Do you have a source?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

He seems to be doing a bangup job with the youngsters. The line about the weakest roster ever must have endeared him to impressionable rookies like Iglacias and Lavarnway and Gomez. Bring back BV!!!!!! He's the best manager the Sox have had ever...better than that allitme joke Tito, what did he ever do? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Soxchemistry's comment:

Ben has already gone on record that BV will finish out the season here so why all of this talk about him being fired tomorrow?
    Maybe you didn't hear me. Fire Bobby Now!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Beyeler, Fasano, Sandberg.

I really don't even care who at this point.   I don't even care if they promote Bobby, and Peter Principle him out of the dugout...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I answered this one already: because Sox management wants to go on the record as being the only team in the history of all of sports to fire the team and not the manager.

Firing BV before the end of the season would ruin the effect, the message...

... the legend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

I answered this one already: because Sox management wants to go on the record as being the only team in the history of all of sports to fire the team and not the manager.

... the legend.

I like that response Moon...never thought of it that way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

... the legend.

So promote him.  

Make him some sort of Directorof This or VP of That.  Make him one of those guys who have a fancy title and no actual work. 

Then everybody wins...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Fire Bobby now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Day 2 of the Bobby Valentine death watch...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Valentine is still the manager because ownership refused to look bad and fire him in the middle of the season when they should have.

So, they let the second half of the season slip slowly away.  I was personally very offended as a long time fan that the season was tossed away when giving another guy a chance to make things better on July 1 may have made a big difference.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, but if it is broke make some repairs.  The Sox have been broke all season long with Valentine as the manager.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I used to work in a warehouse during summers away from college. There was a bumbling co-worker who was one of the worst order selectors in the place. The next summer, I returned and he had been promioted to truck loader. He was the worst loader ever. Product was coming back damaged at a record pace. When I returned the final summer, he was the supervicor of the loading dock. Later, I heard he became supervisor of the whole warehouse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yes and he is probably still there !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

I used to work in a warehouse during summers away from college. There was a bumbling co-worker who was one of the worst order selectors in the place. The next summer, I returned and he had been promioted to truck loader. He was the worst loader ever. Product was coming back damaged at a record pace. When I returned the final summer, he was the supervicor of the loading dock. Later, I heard he became supervisor of the whole warehouse.

The stoy of modern day American capitalism.....Love it...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Day 3 of the Bobby Valentine death watch. Arnie Beyeler has a nice interview up on the front page.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

I haven't seen anything about Beyeler and his staff coming up to Boston. It would be good news if it happened. Do you have a source?

Just saw this, carnie. Heard it Tuesday, Castiglione was talking about the Pawtucket playoff game. Said they would join the club when they retuned home from the road trip Friday. I havent heard anything since, but don't doubt the CAT

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

What have they been waiting for? It's obvious that they should have fired him after, say, 10 injuries and surely 15 injuries should have been enough for the front office to see he wasn't doing a good job. Nope, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 injuries and they refused to fire him. 21, 22, 23 still he's manager. 24, 25, 26, 27 INJURIES !! He's still the manager, what are they waiting for? How many players does he have to injure for them to fire him??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

What have they been waiting for? It's obvious that they should have fired him after, say, 10 injuries and surely 15 injuries should have been enough for the front office to see he wasn't doing a good job. Nope, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 injuries and they refused to fire him. 21, 22, 23 still he's manager. 24, 25, 26, 27 INJURIES !! He's still the manager, what are they waiting for? How many players does he have to injure for them to fire him??

Well see the injuries aren't his fault.  But he is responisble for the fact that he is an idiot and that no one respects him.

Sections
Shortcuts