Why hasn't Bobby Valentine been fired already?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Why hasn't Bobby Valentine been fired already?

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Well see the injuries aren't his fault.  But he is responisble for the fact that he is an idiot and that no one respects him.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Plus, what kind of culture is he creating for kids like Iglesias and Lavarnaway? Promote him already so he can hang out with his buddy Lucchino. Bobby might be pretty good at that actually, he has a pretty good eye for talent. He just can't seem to actually manage anybody.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What have they been waiting for? It's obvious that they should have fired him after, say, 10 injuries and surely 15 injuries should have been enough for the front office to see he wasn't doing a good job. Nope, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 injuries and they refused to fire him. 21, 22, 23 still he's manager. 24, 25, 26, 27 INJURIES !! He's still the manager, what are they waiting for? How many players does he have to injure for them to fire him??

[/QUOTE]

Well see the injuries aren't his fault.  But he is responisble for the fact that he is an idiot and that no one respects him.

[/QUOTE]

Oops, my bad, I didn't know about the lack of respect for him. Sorry I must have missed those quotes by everyone. Help me please, exactly which players came out and said "I don't respect Valentine"? Thanks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What have they been waiting for? It's obvious that they should have fired him after, say, 10 injuries and surely 15 injuries should have been enough for the front office to see he wasn't doing a good job. Nope, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 injuries and they refused to fire him. 21, 22, 23 still he's manager. 24, 25, 26, 27 INJURIES !! He's still the manager, what are they waiting for? How many players does he have to injure for them to fire him??

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oops, my bad, I didn't know about the lack of respect for him. Sorry I must have missed those quotes by everyone. Help me please, exactly which players came out and said "I don't respect Valentine"? Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Well gee Bosox why don't you give me some quotes from the players that do respect him.  Thanks.

Great point you made there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

From Sons of Sam Horn:  I guess you did miss it.

Boston Red Sox players blasted manager Bobby Valentine to owners John Henry and Larry Lucchino during a heated meeting called after a text message was sent by a group of frustrated players to the team and ownership in late July, three sources familiar with the meeting told Yahoo! Sports.
    The owners called the meeting for Boston's off-day in New York on July 27 after first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, texting on behalf of himself and some teammates, aired their dissatisfaction with Valentine for embarrassing starting pitcher Jon Lester by leaving him in to allow 11 runs during a July 22 start. It was the latest incident in a season's worth of bad relations bubbling between Red Sox players and Valentine.

Gonzalez and Dustin Pedroia were among the most vocal in the meeting, in which some players stated flatly they no longer wanted to play for Valentine, the sources said. The tenor of the 2 p.m. meeting at The Palace hotel in New York turned ugly almost immediately, according to the sources, whom Yahoo! Sports granted anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about internal matters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I guess you also missed Aceves refusing to give him the ball the other night.

And Pedroia taking a photo of him sleeping and texting it around the clubhouse saying "our manager contemplating the line up"

You are welcome.

Anything else you missed that you need to be caught up on?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There were at least ten follow ups to the Yahoo article by players who claimed that the report was bogus.

[/QUOTE]

Right.  and then there were at least 20 reports after Shoppach was traded saying it was true.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Bobby needs to go, and anyone who doesn't think so is dreaming.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well gee Bosox why don't you give me some quotes from the players that do respect him.  Thanks.

Great point you made there.

[/QUOTE]

You're the one that made the statement that no one respects him. I never said that anyone respects him, so back up your suppositions. I'm truly interested in your facts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]

I guess you also missed Aceves refusing to give him the ball the other night.

And Pedroia taking a photo of him sleeping and texting it around the clubhouse saying "our manager contemplating the line up"

You are welcome.

Anything else you missed that you need to be caught up on?

[/QUOTE]

So from that you feel comfortable in saying "no one respects him"? Are you by any chance a sportswriter?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

The forum really needs to graduate from the scapegoating. Too many soap operas. Last year Tito, Chickengate, and JD Drew, Crawford, Beckett, Lackey, Youk, Ellsbury, Theo, and Papi. Why does the forum thrive on character assasination in order to survive? This year I thought that the forum would clean up its act and all I see are threads about Bobby V. as if he is solely responsible for the terrible team. Once again the forum is all about gossip, bashing, negativity, and scapegoating.

You really should stick to topics you know something about pike, and if you'll pardon me for being rude, you don't seem to know much about baseball managers. And in case you missed it, I am for keeping Bobby in the organization. I think he'd make an excellent talent scout working with LL as his right hand man. Beyeler's our manager though, he has everything you want in a manager. That team he had playing for the AAA championship this year? Scrubs and scraps for the most part. His starting pitcher for the championship game was 38 year old Nelson Figueroa released by the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees in his last assignment prior to Pawtucket. His star Catcher, Shortstop and most of his bullpen had been called up to Boston by mid August, yet somehow his team found a way to eke out the Yankees in the playoffs. He sounds like a pretty good motivator to me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

So from that you feel comfortable in saying "no one respects him"? Are you by any chance a sportswriter? 

I think when your best players go to management to get you fired, they don't respect you.

When your 2B tells you that your type of thinking doesn't work here, he doesn't respect you.

When your RP won't hand you the ball, he doesn't respect you.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Which players are on record and have quotes attributed to them, who expressed the wish that BV be fired. I must have missed those articles. The Yahoo column was refuted by at least six players as being untrue.

Do the players need to stage a mutiny before it's time for the manager to go? Try to be serious pike.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think when your best players go to management to get you fired, they don't respect you.

When your 2B tells you that your type of thinking doesn't work here, he doesn't respect you.

When your RP won't hand you the ball, he doesn't respect you.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO, you use a bona fide nut job(Aceves) to make your point. I expect more of you Joe. I believe Pedroia admitted to being wrong for his comment regarding what works here. He was lonely for his cribbage partner so he thought Bobby should emulate Terry and the way Terry did things. 

Now that I think about it, if Aceves doesn't respect Valentine, then I must be wrong and "No One Respects Him" !  My bad.  Too funny.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

A side bar please. Rumors have it that ESPN has had small plastic targets placed on the floor in front of Terry's chair. He insists on keeping up his practice so that he can maintain his nickname, "Sit and Spit". I can't verify the rumor, but suffice it to say that Alfredo Aceves was the source. lolololololol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I repeat...

I answered this one already: because Sox management wants to go on the record as being the only team in the history of all of sports to fire the team and not the manager.

Firing BV before the end of the season would ruin the effect, the message...

... the legend.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

You could very possibly be right moon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

"Do the players need to stage a mutiny before it's time for the manager to go? Try to be serious pike."

I was responding to inaccuracies about players saying that Valentine had to go. I was asking for quotes. I'm acting like a juror instead of a lynch mob. Threads should be more than just opinions, agendas, and hatred.

[/QUOTE]

Count me in the Bobby Valentine Lynch mob.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You could very possibly be right moon.

[/QUOTE]

30 years from now, we don't want people saying, "yeah, but they ended up firing the manager in season as well, so it doesn't count."

Keep the legend pure. Let's remain the only team in the hostory of sports to "fire the players" not the manager.

We can dump BV this winter, if that is what Ben (Larry?) wants.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Toxic Clubhouse? No faith in your young players? Tactician? Whatever scale you use to measure Bobby Valentine he's a failure as Red Sox manager.

Sections
Shortcuts