Re: Why is Dice never given any credit?
posted at 5/18/2011 5:02 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Why is Dice never given any credit?
[QUOTE]That's the pont Bill806--when he gives results, as in 1-hitters, as in 18-3 with a 2 point something ERA over the course of his second season with the team, why is he never given credit? Even those results are put down (oh he was lucky, or he loaded the bases too often) or outright dismissed as aberrations, which is dishonest, by guys like Abraham. He simply hasn't been a bum 90% of the time, he's been, at worst, a total bum maybe 15% of the time. But the way he's treated it's as if he's been a total bum, and it just isn't true.
Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]
Most of us have been waiting a LONG TIME to jump on the Dice-K band wagon..
2008 was great as far as most have been concerned! Sure he was bashed by some, but most absolutely gave him credit...
What you're ignoring??? is that since then Dice-K has been injured PRIMARILY due to things HE DID in the off season.... THEN, HE NEGLECTED to be honest with coaches & trainers..... WE fans, & especially the team, get more detailed information about said injuries once he returns home to Japan. THIS!
Has been a MAJOR FRUSTRATION for the team & fans.... Since 2008 the TEAM & FANS simply have absolutely NO IDEA what to expect from him???
More often than not, he gives the team NO CHANCE TO WIN!!!
He throws in a couple of GREAT GAMES then goes back to his usual BS!!!!!!!!!
* We don't know what to think about injuries??? REAL / FAKE ? Who knows this time???
* So inconsistent that it is simply maddening!
* He's SO SLOW & SO MANY WALKS, it's brutal to watch no matter the outcome
* He's not honest w / coaches or fans
* He WON'T go along w/ the program ALL other pitchers are asked to do.
* 5th year here, & he still acts like he CAN'T understand basic requests...
* He refuses to STOP the incessant "nibbling" around the plate
(which by the way is 10 inches off the plate)
* He WON'T STOP THE WALKS
* It's particularly tough on the guys playing behind him!
* ETC. ETC....
THE BIG PROBLEM!!!! * We're into this guy for so much, WE have to put up with it!