Why is Dice never given any credit?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

Re: Why is Dice never given any credit?

DREW---------------$70 MILLION
    DICE-K---------------100 MILLION
    LACKEY---------------80 MILLION
    CRAWFORD-----------140 MILLION

the above is the true definition of OBSCENITY.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

DREW---------------$70 MILLION   Matthews Jr $50m, Soriano,....

DICE-K---------------100 MILLION  Zito (7 years $126m  97ERA+)
     Schmidt (10games 3 yrs 6 ERA $47m)

LACKEY---------------80 MILLION  Bay (.728OPS)

CRAWFORD-----------140 MILLION  Wells

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

Leave aside financial comparisons for the moment. Judged against hyped expectations, Matsuzaka has been a bust.  Right, he didn't create those expectations, nor did the Sox PR mill directly.  But in a media age like ours, expectations, though unreal, can become real.  Judged against more modest expectations -- much more modest ones -- the man has still been disappointing. He had a decent first year, a great year ( though I think someone has pointed out that he pitched the fewest or next to fewest innings of any 18-game winner in history ), and has been either injured or inconsistent since then. To blame the inconsistency on injuries is still only to say that he wasn't doing the job.  
    I don't know enough to comment on accusations that he brought some of the injuries on himself or upon reports that he and the club have not been on the same page, and, if so, which one was right.
    I'll take a guess. If you got Theo in a sound-proof room, promised confidentiality, and asked, "Did the Matsuzaka signing work out well for you?" he might not say a word. But the look would say everything.  All things considered, including the 18-win season and some great performances.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Credit is given when credit id earned..Just a couple weeks ago there were some here praising Dice for his 2 brilliant games he pitched, I was one of them. But there has been more negativity than positive in his career with the Sox.