Why is Drew batting 6th instead of Reddick????????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lifelongsoxdawg. Show lifelongsoxdawg's posts

Why is Drew batting 6th instead of Reddick????????

A typical plate appearence by Drew.... watch the 1st 2 pitches go over the middle for strikes....get behind in the count....swing at a pitcher's pitch and either strike out or hit a weak ground ball. I believe Drew is just going thru the motions until he retires at the end of the season and could care less about winning. Reddick on the other hand, is motivated and he wants to win. Reddick better replace Drew in RF when Crawford returns or there will be a lot of disgruntled fans. Comments!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: Why is Drew batting 6th instead of Reddick????????

Tito's making progress. He has hitting 5th last month...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Amazing.  I guess we are watching different games.  So far--after eight full innings--it sure looks like the batting order is completely irrelevant. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well, in the 9th the batting order became relevant.  Drew got a walk despite a 1-2 count.  With the bases loaded, Reddick took ball one and then swung at a high pitch (which could have been called a ball or a strike) and flied out.  A walk would have give the Sox the lead. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

bad night at the plate for JR, but what a catch! Game saving grab.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Most of RSN, the media, and your aunt Tillie are surprised by Reddick and disappointed in Drew. Why the need for the thread?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from the_yazzer. Show the_yazzer's posts

why is Drew batting?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why is everyone picking on the guy who is the worst hitter in the line up.  If Tito had bench Drew last nite, who would play RF?  McDonald?  He is batting .145 right now.  Also the next worst hitter in the line up is Jason Varietek who is now batting .241.  So meaning if Drew was bench last nite, we would all be picking on Varietek instead.  

Come on, let this go.  Drew is playing cuz he is one of the smartest RF in MLB. There are alot of teams that have at least two to three players batting around the low .200's!!!   Look at the Phillies who argually have the best team in baseball, and they had six guys batting under .250 including the pitcher in the line up, and still they won the game yesterday.

So?  Go Sox!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Darnell MacDonald pinch hitting for the 70 million dollar man?

I can only hope that was the last time I see David Jonathan.  Crawford back and DFA Drew.  Give RF to Reddick and DMac is your 4th OF'er and keep both Sutton and Navvaro on your bench until (or if) Lowrie returns.  Much more flexible bench for Francona - not to mention HUNGRY..........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Drew batting 6th instead of Reddick????????:
    [QUOTE]Well, in the 9th the batting order became relevant.  Drew got a walk despite a 1-2 count.  With the bases loaded, Reddick took ball one and then swung at a high pitch (which could have been called a ball or a strike) and flied out.  A walk would have give the Sox the lead. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Couldn't understand it myself... The reason Reddick is doing better at the plate seems to be better pitch selection and a little more discipline at bats. It still appears he is getting way to anxious with bases loaded... Looking for hisfirst slam I guess ??  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Drew batting 6th instead of Reddick????????:
    [QUOTE]Darnell MacDonald pinch hitting for the 70 million dollar man? I can only hope that was the last time I see David Jonathan.  Crawford back and DFA Drew.  Give RF to Reddick and DMac is your 4th OF'er and keep both Sutton and Navvaro on your bench until (or if) Lowrie returns.  Much more flexible bench for Francona - not to mention HUNGRY..........
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

I'm really surprised Drew Hasn't "pulled or Tweaked" Something yet... It's 11 am EST better hurry !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Hmmm, maybe we can expand the trade w/ the Giants:

Sox Get:

Jonanthan Sanchez
    Aaron Rowand

Giants Get:

Jed Lowrie
    JD Drew
    Michael Bowden
    Darnell McDonald

Sox OF and Bench

LF - Crawford
    CF - Ellsbury