Why is everyone so quick to dismiss Ellsbury?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Why is everyone so quick to dismiss Ellsbury?

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll give you 5:1 odds.

Will you "buy" that? 

[/QUOTE]

assign whatever odds you like. he is going to resign. him and boras are going to test the market and the sox are going to match or exceed whatever offer and he will stay.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) I doubt they will match the most foolish offer out there.

2) One never knows what the top offer is, and agents aften bluff.

3) Even if Ellsbury is offered slightly more to stay here, he will bolt. He's got no teammates that like him here. The media and fans think he's a loafer. Management knows the truth more than we do.

I'll give 2:1 odds he's traded before he even becomes a FA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

1) I doubt they will match the most foolish offer out there.

2) One never knows what the top offer is, and agents aften bluff.

3) Even if Ellsbury is offered slightly more to stay here, he will bolt. He's got no teammates that like him here. The media and fans think he's a loafer. Management knows the truth more than we do.

I'll give 2:1 odds he's traded before he even becomes a FA.

[/QUOTE]

what makes you think any of what you said in #3 is true at all? or did you just make it up. because i haven't noticed any disdain from other team mates towards him, the fans love the guy, the media really hasn't bashed him and management loves him. if they didn't they would have traded him after 2011.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

what makes you think any of what you said in #3 is true at all? or did you just make it up. because i haven't noticed any disdain from other team mates towards him, the fans love the guy, the media really hasn't bashed him and management loves him. if they didn't they would have traded him after 2011.

I watch every play of every game of every year, sometimes more than once.

Youk's not here anymore, but I think he was not alone in not liking the fact that Ells was not with the team when injured. I see body language, and less enthusiasm by his teammates when he does something good. I do not think he is close to anyone on the team. I'm not sure about his relationship with Ben & Farrel.

I think he has a west coast attitude. I do not think he likes it in Boston. Now that we stink, I see no reason for him to stay unless we give significantly more than the top bidder (more than $1M more).

Yes, many fans love him, and the media has not been too harsh, comparatively speaking, but they haven't been too praising either. Certainly Boston is not known for treating struggling high-priced players too well. Ells knows this. He'll sign with a left coast team, and lead a much less stressful life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from baddad. Show baddad's posts

i think after all of what they consider the bad expensive signings that didnt work out......ownership is gonna go on both the cheap and the short as much as possible.......what has been lost is that pedroia....original otiz and oiginal manny prior to the attitude problem did  workout...as did pedro etc....ellsbury of 2011 is worth long term generous money.....ells of 2012 is not.......so what will a 2013 thru 2017 ellsbury bring to the table....that is the unknown and the uknmown will no longer be tried.....for better or worse....on the cheap and on the short will be cheringtons mo as per ownerships directive going forward

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

I watch every play of every game of every year, sometimes more than once.

Youk's not here anymore, but I think he was not alone in not liking the fact that Ells was not with the team when injured. I see body language, and less enthusiasm by his teammates when he does something good. I do not think he is close to anyone on the team. I'm not sure about his relationship with Ben & Farrel.

I think he has a west coast attitude. I do not think he likes it in Boston. Now that we stink, I see no reason for him to stay unless we give significantly more than the top bidder (more than $1M more).

Yes, many fans love him, and the media has not been too harsh, comparatively speaking, but they haven't been too praising either. Certainly Boston is not known for treating struggling high-priced players too well. Ells knows this. He'll sign with a left coast team, and lead a much less stressful life.

[/QUOTE]

yes youk criticized him for not rehabbing with the team then went off and rehabbed his injuries elsewhere..... i also watch nearly every game and haven't noticed anything of the sort. and there is the stuff that goes on behind closed doors that we cant see. smart money says the core group of guys who have been playing with each other for their entire career (ells, pedey, buch, lester to an extent) get along more than they do not. 5 years (and a championship) in the trenches together has to build friendships don't you agree?

i've been involved in many team sports and my best friends are the ones i sweat and bled with. is it so unreasonable to think this applies to major league baseball?

Sections
Shortcuts