Why is no one talking about Blake Swihart?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

Why is no one talking about Blake Swihart?

The guy has an OPS of 3.000!

Why aren't the small sample size goofballs demanding Swihart go north with the big boys?  Granted 1 PA is not a large sample size, but arithmetic never stopped the goofballs before....why is 1 PA not enough when 18 PAs was proof positive that Iglesias was ready to bat .300 in Teddy Ballgame's MFL?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Why is no one talking about Blake Swihart?

this kid is the next carlton Fisk! surefire HOF'er.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And management goes out and signs a back up catcher.  More proof they don't know what they are doing (obvious sarcasm)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

Swihart is trending up but the thing I like most about him is that he is OBVIOUSLY a very gifted athlete. Lot's of ability. A blank slate of quickness and athleticism with a solid batting stroke already. SCOUTS like him, not just statisticians. Just watch him lay for a few minutes. It is easy to see that this kid is a gifted ATHLETE. If not at catcher, which is goingbetter than expected as I understand it by the way defensively, he could play just about anywhere else on the field. He is that talented.

If anyone is likely to emerge as the next Bogaerts level talent from the Redsox system it is guys like Swihart, Cechinni and Webster. If I had to pick anyone, I'd pick Swihart. The most ikely to emerge this year as a top 5 prospect for the Sox.

Do yourself a favor today and check out the video for this young man:

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=blake+swihart

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Don't forget Owens and Margot, I I think they are two other guys that can really turn it on.

From what I heard Swihart is very raw.  He pretty much didn't start catching until his senior year, and appearently only part time at that.  So he is likely going to be focusing on his glove more than his bat.  They say catchers are longer lead players, I'm not sure Swihart is any different.  But I still think he has the opportunity to turn a lot of heads this year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

This one probably shows him best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRoGp5u1MvE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:

Swihart is trending up but the thing I like most about him is that he is OBVIOUSLY a very gifted athlete. Lot's of ability. A blank slate of quickness and athleticism with a solid batting stroke already. SCOUTS like him, not just statisticians. Just watch him lay for a few minutes. It is easy to see that this kid is a gifted ATHLETE. If not at catcher, which is goingbetter than expected as I understand it by the way defensively, he could play just about anywhere else on the field. He is that talented.

If anyone is likely to emerge as the next Bogaerts level talent from the Redsox system it is guys like Swihart, Cechinni and Webster. If I had to pick anyone, I'd pick Swihart. The most ikely to emerge this year as a top 5 prospect for the Sox.

Do yourself a favor today and check out the video for this young man:

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?p=blake+swihart

Swihart is a very gifted prospect and the reason RS gave him 2 mil to sign and not go to U of Texas. Agree that he could really make a move up prospects list this year. But RS have a bunch of guys who could do the same Owens / Buttrey /Kukuk/ Cecchini this year. IMO RS farm system will be rated as one of the tops in all of baseball even if JBJ graduates as expected to RS this year. As long as everyone stays relatively healthy these kids graduate from rookie and low A ball / high A ball, these kids will start to make more of a name for themselves.

Sections
Shortcuts