Why is Peter Abraham disrespectful to his audience? What do you think?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Why is Peter Abraham disrespectful to his audience? What do you think?

Here is some of his replies to individuals who sent him questions today as part of chat with Peter Abraham on BDC's Extra Bases:
    Comment From KOSHONKOSHON: ] We should sell Ellsbury in high price, Right?
    Wednesday June 29, 2011 11:57 KOSHON
    11:58
    Pete Abraham: 
    Wrong. You have a CF and leadoff hitter performing well. You don't trade players like that.

Why do so many of you want to make trades. They have the third-best record in the majors. The team is good. You don't break it down in July. Have some sense.
    Comment From Boston RobBoston Rob: ] Any possibility of Billy Wagner returning from retirement and Red Sox working out something with the Braves for him to be our dominant lefty relief pitcher down the stretch and into the playoffs?
    Wednesday June 29, 2011 12:09 Boston Rob
    12:10
    Pete Abraham: 
    No. But I heard Bob Stanley and Calvin Schiraldi are interested in pitching again.

Rob, seriously? Billy Wagner?
    Comment From Andrew Andrew: ] Do you believe in the 'Curse of Pete Abe'? The Red Sox haven't won the division or a playoff game since you came over to the Globe.
    Wednesday June 29, 2011 12:15 Andrew
    12:16
    Pete Abraham: 
    Great point. It has been a whole year. Andrew, ask your folks how often you were dropped ion your head as a kid. I bet it was at least seven times, twice on cement.

Comment From ztraven ztraven: ] So can you please tell me why Theo Choose to sign the useless Carl Crawford to an all star deal, instead of going after Cliff Lee? Seriously was this all for the pink hats.
    Wednesday June 29, 2011 12:16 ztraven
    12:18
    Pete Abraham: 
    Um, let's see. The "useless" Carl Crawford has been one of the best OFs in the game for a few years now and is a defensive wizard. Every team wanted him. Lee didn't want to go to the Yankees or stay in Texas, so he cut a deal with Philly for less money. But in your world he somehow would have decided to come to Boston?

Comment From Guest Guest: ] How do you explain the total dropoff in production from the team that was killing the ballin NY and Toronto? Can't be just Crawford being on the DL and no DH, because SD kep the offense down at Fenway. Just "one of those stretches" that happens to evey team a few times each season? I can't accept that as an explanation.
    Wednesday June 29, 2011 12:18 Guest
    12:19
    Pete Abraham: 
    It's six games. Calm down.

Comment From Blogging Ryan Blogging Ryan: ] I've been saying it for a little while now, and now Mazz put it to print, any legs to the story that Beckett could have a blister?
    Wednesday June 29, 2011 12:26 Blogging Ryan
    12:26
    Pete Abraham: 
    Beckett? He's been out two weeks. How does he have a blister?

Comment From thee-zapper thee-zapper: ] if the sox don't make it to the playoffs this year, will that be the end of the theo regime in boston?
    Wednesday June 29, 2011 12:31 thee-zapper
    12:32
    Pete Abraham: 
    Yes. He'll be executed in Copley Square. Clearly two years out of the playoffs would be too much to bear.

Comment From Rico Rico: ] release lackey, drew, mcdonald, cameron, wheeler - who else? remember when some fans were sticking up for the hapless coco crisp, i said release him too, he was ridiculouly bad as well
    Wednesday June 29, 2011 12:36 Rico
    12:37
    Pete Abraham: 
    Wheeler? He has been really good since he came off the DL. 2 ER in 12.1 innings. If you're going to be crazy, Rico, try and be a little cognizant of what is going on, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thee-yazzer. Show thee-yazzer's posts

Re: Why is Peter Abraham disrespectful to his audience? What do you think?

because, frankly, abraham is nothing more than a theo bootlicker.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Why is Peter Abraham disrespectful to his audience? What do you think?:
    Here is some of his replies to individuals who sent him questions today as part of chat with Peter Abraham on BDC's Extra Bases: Comment From KOSHON KOSHON:  ]   We should sell Ellsbury in high price, Right? Wednesday June 29, 2011  11:57  KOSHON 11:58 Pete Abraham:  Wrong. You have a CF and leadoff hitter performing well. You don't trade players like that. Why do so many of you want to make trades. They have the third-best record in the majors. The team is good. You don't break it down in July. Have some sense. Comment From Boston Rob Boston Rob:  ]   Any possibility of Billy Wagner returning from retirement and Red Sox working out something with the Braves for him to be our dominant lefty relief pitcher down the stretch and into the playoffs? Wednesday June 29, 2011  12:09  Boston Rob 12:10 Pete Abraham:  No. But I heard Bob Stanley and Calvin Schiraldi are interested in pitching again. Rob, seriously? Billy Wagner? Comment From Andrew Andrew:  ]   Do you believe in the 'Curse of Pete Abe'? The Red Sox haven't won the division or a playoff game since you came over to the Globe. Wednesday June 29, 2011  12:15  Andrew 12:16 Pete Abraham:  Great point. It has been a whole year. Andrew, ask your folks how often you were dropped ion your head as a kid. I bet it was at least seven times, twice on cement. Comment From ztraven ztraven:  ]   So can you please tell me why Theo Choose to sign the useless Carl Crawford to an all star deal, instead of going after Cliff Lee? Seriously was this all for the pink hats. Wednesday June 29, 2011  12:16  ztraven 12:18 Pete Abraham:  Um, let's see. The "useless" Carl Crawford has been one of the best OFs in the game for a few years now and is a defensive wizard. Every team wanted him. Lee didn't want to go to the Yankees or stay in Texas, so he cut a deal with Philly for less money. But in your world he somehow would have decided to come to Boston? Comment From Guest Guest:  ]   How do you explain the total dropoff in production from the team that was killing the ballin NY and Toronto? Can't be just Crawford being on the DL and no DH, because SD kep the offense down at Fenway. Just "one of those stretches" that happens to evey team a few times each season? I can't accept that as an explanation. Wednesday June 29, 2011  12:18  Guest 12:19 Pete Abraham:  It's six games. Calm down. Comment From Blogging Ryan Blogging Ryan:  ]   I've been saying it for a little while now, and now Mazz put it to print, any legs to the story that Beckett could have a blister? Wednesday June 29, 2011  12:26  Blogging Ryan 12:26 Pete Abraham:  Beckett? He's been out two weeks. How does he have a blister? Comment From thee-zapper thee-zapper:  ]   if the sox don't make it to the playoffs this year, will that be the end of the theo regime in boston? Wednesday June 29, 2011  12:31  thee-zapper 12:32 Pete Abraham:  Yes. He'll be executed in Copley Square. Clearly two years out of the playoffs would be too much to bear. Comment From Rico Rico:  ]   release lackey, drew, mcdonald, cameron, wheeler - who else? remember when some fans were sticking up for the hapless coco crisp, i said release him too, he was ridiculouly bad as well Wednesday June 29, 2011  12:36  Rico 12:37 Pete Abraham:  Wheeler? He has been really good since he came off the DL. 2 ER in 12.1 innings. If you're going to be crazy, Rico, try and be a little cognizant of what is going on, too.
    Posted by fir.eballer58

After reading some of those comments, I think Pete took it easy on them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Because he is getting stupid questions. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Peter Abraham disrespectful to his audience? What do you think?:
    Because he is getting stupid questions. 
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame

And he is an overweight slob who mails in his column on most occasions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wherescreamingcomesfrom. Show wherescreamingcomesfrom's posts

He is disrespectful to some of his audience . . . because a whole bunch of them are idiots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I agree with niz and splendid. He did take it easy on them, considering the idiotic questions. The only time I thought he went to far was with this answer:

12:16
    Pete Abraham: 
    Great point. It has been a whole year. Andrew, ask your folks how often you were dropped ion your head as a kid. I bet it was at least seven times, twice on cement.

Peter should have been a bit more subtle -- like thanking Andrew for seeing what great powers he has that he's able to put a curse on a team, something like that.

Of course, if Andrew was our own andrewmitch, then Pete should have gone further and offered to drop him on his head on cement a few times.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

Because his audience is primarily the red flops nation. Simple enough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanCap. Show SanCap's posts

Because he knows that the other people reading his responses, the ones who aren't asking stupid questions, enjoy his sarcasm.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Sometimes he's pretty funny, and there's some affection under the surface abuse or disrespect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Did you READ those questions?

"Do you believe in the 'Curse of Pete Abe'? The Red Sox haven't won the division or a playoff game since you came over to the Globe. "

If someone asked me this, I'd probably go a whole lot worse to them than Pete did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

It's called sarcasm.  And I don't doubt he really drinks before the chats.  How many "Drew sucks"  or "trade Ellsbury now" questions can one guy be expected to answer? Read his article on Drew and then try to figure out why he's sarcastic when people say he sucks.  Pete goes deeper than BA, RBI and HR's when evaluating Drew, and some people can't understand the numbers.

I thought Red Sox fans were more knowledgeable. Some should ask better questions  in the Q & A sessions and I'm sure the replies would be more thoughtful. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Peter Abraham disrespectful to his audience? What do you think?:
    I agree with niz and splendid. He did take it easy on them, considering the idiotic questions. The only time I thought he went to far was with this answer: 12:16 Pete Abraham:  Great point. It has been a whole year. Andrew, ask your folks how often you were dropped ion your head as a kid. I bet it was at least seven times, twice on cement. Peter should have been a bit more subtle -- like thanking Andrew for seeing what great powers he has that he's able to put a curse on a team, something like that. Of course, if Andrew was our own andrewmitch, then Pete should have gone further and offered to drop him on his head on cement a few times.
    Posted by royf19

I thought the "executing Theo in Copley Square" comment was a bit over the top, along with the one you mentioned.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

It's called sarcasm.  And I don't doubt he really drinks before the chats.  How many "Drew sucks"  or "trade Ellsbury now" questions can one guy be expected to answer? Read his article on Drew and then try to figure out why he's sarcastic when people say he sucks.  Pete goes deeper than BA, RBI and HR's when evaluating Drew, and some people can't understand the numbers. I thought Red Sox fans were more knowledgeable. Some should ask better questions  in the Q & A sessions and I'm sure the relpies would be more thoughtful. 

Posted by CablesWyndBairn

All you needed was to look around here and you would have known that wasn't the case.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

THE MAN CAN PICK AND CHOSE WHAT QUESTIONS HE RESPONDS TO

BLAME HIM FOR CHOSSING STUPID QUSTIONS

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from The--Babe. Show The--Babe's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Peter Abraham disrespectful to his audience? What do you think? : You don't strike me as a particularly savvy Yanks fan, so don't sh*t where you eat babe. 

Posted by CablesWyndBairn

I have forgotten more about baseball than you will ever know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Abraham was in fact pretty nice to those bloggers.  He was succinct and pretty much on target with all his answers, even when he explained (at least twice) why he would not play AGon in RF tonight.  I think this was Abraham at his best. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hyperRevue. Show hyperRevue's posts

I get that those are idiotic questions - and I'm sure he gets a ton of them - but Pete does choose which questions he answers in the chats. He could just as easily ignore the insulting/stupid/repetetive ones. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Peter Abraham disrespectful to his audience? What do you think? : I have forgotten more about baseball than you will ever know.
    Posted by The--Babe

You haven't exactly proven that pal.  Grabbing sentences from other peoples' posts and using them in bad attempts at humor hardly qualifies as baseball knowledge. 

Sections
Shortcuts