Why It is time for Theo to Go?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoya8. Show hoya8's posts

Why It is time for Theo to Go?

His fascination with outdated stars or retreads. It could be management has handicapped him. But watch this week's play offs. Outfielders who can actually catch a ball and throw to a base IN THE AIR. What an anomaly. Carl Crawford, can't catch can not throw, Jacoby Ellsbury, wonderful speed, but you need two cut offs for him to reach home. Josh Reddick, plays so soft a right field, you wonder if it is he can't throw from deep.

Pitchers...you mean there is not one starter better than Weiland in the entire system and ok, Tito loved Wake, but come on, you go for Bedard when Harden and Jackson are available.

You let Beltre and Maritnez go and spend a Wad on Crawford, you get seduced by Dice K, and Lackey, you baby Buckholtz, you spend foolishly on past due relievers...lest we forgot Murphy went to Texas for Who?

You did not a nice job, or let's say you 'lucked out' take your money and head to Chi-town. Its time for someone new.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Why It is time for Theo to Go?

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

You mean the Harden who had a 5.57 ERA from August onward (and 6.98 in September)? Or a different one?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

You must not have seen the other million posts on Theo...but with this as your 2nd post feel free to beat the dead horse some more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

The dead horse needs beating.
    Epstein cost the Red Sox at least FOUR World Series titles since 2004.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Why It is time for Theo to Go?:
    [QUOTE]His fascination with outdated stars or retreads. It could be management has handicapped him. But watch this week's play offs. Outfielders who can actually catch a ball and throw to a base IN THE AIR. What an anomaly. Carl Crawford, can't catch can not throw, Jacoby Ellsbury, wonderful speed, but you need two cut offs for him to reach home. Josh Reddick, plays so soft a right field, you wonder if it is he can't throw from deep. Pitchers...you mean there is not one starter better than Weiland in the entire system and ok, Tito loved Wake, but come on, you go for Bedard when Harden and Jackson are available. You let Beltre and Maritnez go and spend a Wad on Crawford, you get seduced by Dice K, and Lackey, you baby Buckholtz, you spend foolishly on past due relievers...lest we forgot Murphy went to Texas for Who? You did not a nice job, or let's say you 'lucked out' take your money and head to Chi-town. Its time for someone new.  
    Posted by hoya8[/QUOTE]
     Name one team in baseball who would not want Ellsbury? Name a team in baseball who would not want Carl Crawford at the beginning of this year?Lets say you didn't do a very good job with your post . Blame THEO !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I wouldn't care if  Ellsbury had to throw the ball in underhanded.  The guy is a great ballplayer and comes to play everyday every play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Time4Theo2Go. Show Time4Theo2Go's posts

In Response to Re: Why It is time for Theo to Go?:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't care if  Ellsbury had to throw the ball in underhanded.  The guy is a great ballplayer and comes to play everyday every play.
    Posted by MichFan[/QUOTE]

Small problem.
    Because Theo Epstein is the WORST GM in baseball, Jacoby isn't playing today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

2010 he did not even show up, much less come to play everyday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I hope that the brass does not over reach in compensation and the deal falls through - though it would be great to rid oursleves of Lackey as part of the deal.

I am ready to get rid of a GM who is willing to make bad deals on players like Lackey and Crawford.  In repect to Theo I also wish him success in bringing the Cubs a WSC - that would be awesome.  Let's just hope the Red Sox win 4 WSC for every 1 that the Cubs might win (and 30 WSC for us for every 1 any team in NY wins).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Theo's made plenty of mistakes, but Im having trouble with the revisionist 20/20 stuff.  Carl Crawford was one of the highest-ranked players in MLB before he crashed in '11.  Any team would have been thrilled to get him.  And his trade for Gagne was a great idea... remember Oki almost choking away the lead in Game 4 vs Colorado?  Thats precisely what Theo was trying to avoid... picking up a successful closer as an 8th inning guy, like Milwaukee and KRod this year.  Some moves dont work out, but these werent stupid.

Dice K and Drew? No 2007 WS without them.  I dont care about other wasted money.  Its not mine.

I was more upset with letting Bay walk (anyone still dreaming of RH hitting Bay in RF without the concussion??) and signing garbage like Cameron... or even letting Damon go. Watching VMart play against Beltre tonight make me throw up in my mouth a little, too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

In Response to Re: Why It is time for Theo to Go?:
    [QUOTE]Theo's made plenty of mistakes, but Im having trouble with the revisionist 20/20 stuff.  Carl Crawford was one of the highest-ranked players in MLB before he crashed in '11.  Any team would have been thrilled to get him.  And his trade for Gagne was a great idea... remember Oki almost choking away the lead in Game 4 vs Colorado?  Thats precisely what Theo was trying to avoid... picking up a successful closer as an 8th inning guy, like Milwaukee and KRod this year.  Some moves dont work out, but these werent stupid. Dice K and Drew? No 2007 WS without them.  I dont care about other wasted money.  Its not mine. I was more upset with letting Bay walk (anyone still dreaming of RH hitting Bay in RF without the concussion??) and signing garbage like Cameron... or even letting Damon go. Watching VMart play against Beltre tonight make me throw up in my mouth a little, too.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Crawford , " one of the highest rated players" where did you come up with that crap. He has had one of the worst OBP averages in baseball forever.

He walked 22 times in 500 plate appearances, so one of two things have happened. Either he has terrible plate discipline, or opposing pitchers have no fear about pitching to CC. Get real he stunk this year , he never should have been signed for the amount and length that BENCH MARK THEO signed Crawford for. Cashman baited the hook, and Theo took it Hook Line and Sinker. Theo is an idiot and has to go before he signs another turkey.

Sections
Shortcuts