Why it isn't Bobby V, fault?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Why it isn't Bobby V, fault?

Ok here is the situation the Sox have a 4-3 lead against Twins. It is the last of the seventh, Lester has thrown 115 pitches, who do you bring in from the bullpen.  I lay this at the feet of the GM, Bobby V. can only play the hand dealt him, this relief corps is something you expect to see on the Royals and Pirates of the world. IMO the Sox went on the cheap in filling up bullpen and have ended up fielding a AAA staff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Why it isn't Bobby V, fault?

agree, Bobby didnt pick the players and he would prefer Bard in the pen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Because no one could win with this BP.  Granted, Bobby V. has made a few mistakes, but even if he was mistake free, the team still would be bad.

But I will say that Bobby V. probably isn't the right to navigate this team through the rapids of this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

It's obvious to me that Ben is calling the shots, for the most part, on who to play. Trained by Theo, he has the mentality that he should decide who should play where, not Bobby.
    If BV had his way, Lavarnway, Iglesias and Ciriaco would be on the 25 man roster and DMAC, and Salty would not.
    Whose idea was it to bring up Spears? what a waste of time that was. Now Ben trades one of our better pitchers for another Mike Cameron! Go figure that one!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Things are almost always more complex than simply being able to assign blame to a single person.

Valentine may well be a bad choice for a field manager, but the point is taken that the bullpen is a mess.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In Response to Re: Why it isn't Bobby V, fault?:
    [QUOTE]It's obvious to me that Ben is calling the shots, for the most part, on who to play. Trained by Theo, he has the mentality that he should decide who should play where, not Bobby. If BV had his way, Lavarnway, Iglesias and Ciriaco would be on the 25 man roster and DMAC, and Salty would not. Whose idea was it to bring up Spears? what a waste of time that was. Now Ben trades one of our better pitchers for another Mike Cameron! Go figure that one!
    Posted by harv53[/QUOTE]

I don't believe you think Bowden is one of our better pitchers. That comment alone make the rest of what you say a lot less believable.
    How do you know BC is calling the shots on the field? Please explain how you know BV wants those 3 now????

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I find it funny when Terry's BP failed it was either his or the pitching coaches fault.
    This year it's not BV but the players who are at fault.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Its a conundrum...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Managers always will make some curious moves or say some dumb things to the media, Bobby V is in this crowd. The players win and lose gm's not managers and thats the bottom line.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Re: Why it isn't Bobby V, fault?:
    [QUOTE]I find it funny when Terry's BP failed it was either his or the pitching coaches fault. This year it's not BV but the players who are at fault.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

100% correct....They could blame Terry  but now it's the players.....

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts