why not have napoli catch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Re: why not have napoli catch

In response to donrd4's comment:

In response to udontnojack's comment:

salty is the worst defensive catcher in the league.plus,he calls a lousy game and isn't hitting either.

he probably cost them the game last night by not moving out enough to stop that throw.that was 2 runs right there

You said it !!!! udontnojack.... is so true.

oh? so when our pitcher backing up the play at home threw the fkn ball into the grandstand didn't cost us the game eh? brilliant.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to Archer1's comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

salty is the worst defensive catcher in the league.plus,he calls a lousy game and isn't hitting either.

he probably cost them the game last night by not moving out enough to stop that throw.that was 2 runs right there

Terrible idea for all the other reasons stated above.  Plus Salty did not cost the game last night--the pitching did.   If he catches the throw from Gomes, the game is still tied because the throw was off to the wrong side.  Plus a man still on 2B.  The next batter we already know singled off Breslow which would have driven in the go ahead run. 

He didn't do anything to prevent that double steal with a lefty at the plate and a clear throwing path. That could have been a runner on second with one out as oopposed to second and third, no out. 

He didn't attempt a throw bacause he didn't get a clean transer from his glove to his throwing hand.

It's not like he just stood there and watched.

Agreed, but who's fault is it that he didn't get a clean transfer? It was a high pitch with a left handed batter at the plate which is a tailor made situation to gun down a runner trying to steal third. He fumbled it and that is on him. Guaranteed Ross or Yadier make a competitive play in that situation. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Terrible idea for all the other reasons stated above.  Plus Salty did not cost the game last night--the pitching did.   If he catches the throw from Gomes, the game is still tied because the throw was off to the wrong side.  Plus a man still on 2B.  The next batter we already know singled off Breslow which would have driven in the go ahead run. 

He didn't do anything to prevent that double steal with a lefty at the plate and a clear throwing path. That could have been a runner on second with one out as oopposed to second and third, no out. 

He didn't attempt a throw bacause he didn't get a clean transer from his glove to his throwing hand.

It's not like he just stood there and watched.

Agreed, but who's fault is it that he didn't get a clean transfer? It was a high pitch with a left handed batter at the plate which is a tailor made situation to gun down a runner trying to steal third. He fumbled it and that is on him. Guaranteed Ross or Yadier make a competitive play in that situation. 

Of course it's on him.

I didn't say it wasn't.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I actually liked the idea and thought one of the reasons he was signed was to give us more flexibility in interleague games and of course if we play in NL parks....however i also agree now is not the time to start...but I thought he shouldve caught 10-15 games this year just to keep him in the catching loop and allow for him to start in a NL park w/Papi at IB - too late now

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I actually liked the idea and thought one of the reasons he was signed was to give us more flexibility in interleague games and of course if we play in NL parks....however i also agree now is not the time to start...but I thought he shouldve caught 10-15 games this year just to keep him in the catching loop and allow for him to start in a NL park w/Papi at IB - too late now

The clearly stated reason, whether right or wrong, was that they didn't want him catching because of the hip.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to LionSean's comment:

why not have ortiz play SS?

OMG...I laughed out loud at this. This suggestion is almost as ludicrous has having Napoli..a guy who hasn't caught in how long(??) play catcher in a must win World Series game. Good grief....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to The4040club's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to LionSean's comment:

why not have ortiz play SS?

OMG...I laughed out loud at this. This suggestion is almost as ludicrous has having Napoli..a guy who hasn't caught in how long(??) play catcher in a must win World Series game. Good grief....

Yes, this was a funny post. 

seriously man, put the sock puppets away

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

That's now two games that Salty's defense has significantly contributed to the Sox losing a game

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

..and Ortiz muffed a routine play at 1st that Napoli would have had no trouble with. Bogearts was weak at SS and I could not believe Farrell put him there. We could have used Napoli's bat last night..so I am surprised it wasn't there.

The bottom line is you can't blame one person or play on the game's outcome. Salty for sure should have never thrown that ball....but you can't get into that position in the first place. The defense was weak overall. It was NOT out best defensive team out there ( except Pedroia) and it showed.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses ..and in a NL park you have to sometimes sacrifice either offense or defense because of the DH. Seems like they never quite worked that out last night. Last night proved that defense matters too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

B I N G O ......  And the night before too !!!

Sections
Shortcuts