Why not move Beckett up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Why not move Beckett up?

Josh should start tonight against Felix and why Francona didn't line it up that way is beyond me.
    He only threw 106 pitches on Sunday and has had 4 days rest. Ace against Ace, that's the way it's supposed to be done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Why not move Beckett up?

Very good points.  Compared to you, Francona is completely ignorant.  No doubt in my mind you will shortly be the new bench coach or pitching coach. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Alibi Ike is a piece of work. Consistently pessimistic, cynical, skeptical, impatient, and wrong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Why not move Beckett up?:
    [QUOTE]Alibi Ike is a piece of work. Consistently pessimistic, cynical, skeptical, impatient, and wrong.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have a mind of my own, and unlike you, don't consistently try to score points with the heavy hitters on this board, by praising their insight.

You might try challenging them once in a while, or bring some independent thinking to this forum.
    You are very boring.....boring.....boring! Hear the Echo?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Why not move Beckett up?:
    [QUOTE]Josh should start tonight against Felix and why Francona didn't line it up that way is beyond me. He only threw 106 pitches on Sunday and has had 4 days rest. Ace against Ace, that's the way it's supposed to be done.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

You would be one great manager.. Everything so easy ,just the way it's supposed  to be. This board is way beyond you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Josh should start tonight against Felix and why Francona didn't line it up that way is beyond me. He only threw 106 pitches on Sunday and has had 4 days rest. Ace against Ace, that's the way it's supposed to be done.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]The last time the RS played the Mariners they won only one game. The game they faced Hernandez. the starting pitcher for the RS? Tim Wakefield.

Also just what would you have done if the RS finally sobered up and fired Tito and named you manager?

Beckett's knee was troubling him which is why the RS gave him the last start against Tampa Bay. Would you have held him out until tonight and risked losing Sunday in Tampa? After all it was just Tampa and Shields. 

Would you have said the heck with his knee and started him sooner in Tampa so you could have him lined up for tonight?

Or would you pitch him one day short of normal rest.

BTW he matches up tomorrow with a pitcher who is hot. 4 starts since being called up for Bedard with a 1-1 record and a 2.70 ERA. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

This board has heavy hitters?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In 2010 Lackey had 2 starts against the M's pitching 16 innings with 16 K's giving up 2 ER.

M's hitters (including bench players) have a combined line of .253/.299/.338 against Lackey in 225 AB's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Tito has managed Josh Beckett since 2007 and they have an ongoing professional relationship.  You are sitting in your home with absolutely no information and make it like you know something that the organization does not know.  If the Sox thought pushing Beckett would be the correct move, they would do it.  However, having him pitch in his spot after an injury is more important than some heavyweight pitching matchup you dream up against a team playing out the string.  We need the guy healthy not to drive Sportscenter ratings.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Also just what would you have done if the RS finally sobered up and fired Tito and named you manager?

They should be so lucky.
    Well, if I decided to take the job, the first thing I would do would be to fire Bogar and Magadan, then I would tell Theo to get me the players I want, not the ones he wants.
    Then, I would actually make up some signs for the hitters and base-runners, and make them abide by them. 
    I would put the best nine players on the field regardless of how they hit (L or R), and make out the most effective batting order regardless of how they hit, and be consistent with it.
    I would give every starting pitcher the opportunity to throw a complete game if he is still getting people out, even if he has to throw 120-130 pitches.
    I would pitch relievers more than one inning if he is getting people out.
    I would also make my catcher tell me when the pitcher has lost it....he knows more than anyone else.
    i would go first to third on base-hits and challenge opponents to play defense.
    I would consistently send runners with a contact hitter at the plate.
    And, I would challenge umpires.
    I would insist on fundamentals at all times. and would not be friends with the players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

They should be so lucky.
    Well, if I decided to take the job, the first thing I would do would be to fire Bogar and Magadan, then I would tell Theo to get me the players I want, not the ones he wants.
    Then, I would actually make up some signs for the hitters and base-runners, and make them abide by them. 
    I would put the best nine players on the field regardless of how they hit (L or R), and make out the most effective batting order regardless of how they hit, and be consistent with it.
    I would give every starting pitcher the opportunity to throw a complete game if he is still getting people out, even if he has to throw 120-130 pitches.
    I would also make my catcher tell me when the pitcher has lost it....he knows more than anyone else.
    And, I would challenge umpires.
    I would insist on fundamentals at all times. and would not be friends with the players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why not move Beckett up? : And how!
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    Cool ... are we among them, Bobby?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]This board has heavy hitters?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

A few.  fivekatz, for one.  Certainly not me. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Also just what would you have done if the RS finally sobered up and fired Tito and named you manager? They should be so lucky. Well, if I decided to take the job, the first thing I would do would be to fire Bogar and Magadan, Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Yes, absolutely, the first order of business for a team leading the majors in every offensive category should be to can the hitting coach.  That is a 'no-brainer'.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Also just what would you have done if the RS finally sobered up and fired Tito and named you manager? They should be so lucky. Well, if I decided to take the job, the first thing I would do would be to fire Bogar and Magadan, then I would tell Theo to get me the players I want, not the ones he wants. Then, I would actually make up some signs for the hitters and base-runners, and make them abide by them.  I would put the best nine players on the field regardless of how they hit (L or R), and make out the most effective batting order regardless of how they hit, and be consistent with it. I would give every starting pitcher the opportunity to throw a complete game if he is still getting people out, even if he has to throw 120-130 pitches. I would pitch relievers more than one inning if he is getting people out. I would also make my catcher tell me when the pitcher has lost it....he knows more than anyone else. i would go first to third on base-hits and challenge opponents to play defense. I would consistently send runners with a contact hitter at the plate. And, I would challenge umpires. I would insist on fundamentals at all times. and would not be friends with the players.

And how would you handle all the players laughing in your face and making fun of you all the time?  Deluded much? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Also just what would you have done if the RS finally sobered up and fired Tito and named you manager? They should be so lucky. Well, if I decided to take the job, the first thing I would do would be to fire Bogar and Magadan, then I would tell Theo to get me the players I want, not the ones he wants. Then, I would actually make up some signs for the hitters and base-runners, and make them abide by them.  I would put the best nine players on the field regardless of how they hit (L or R), and make out the most effective batting order regardless of how they hit, and be consistent with it. I would give every starting pitcher the opportunity to throw a complete game if he is still getting people out, even if he has to throw 120-130 pitches. I would pitch relievers more than one inning if he is getting people out. I would also make my catcher tell me when the pitcher has lost it....he knows more than anyone else. i would go first to third on base-hits and challenge opponents to play defense. I would consistently send runners with a contact hitter at the plate. And, I would challenge umpires. I would insist on fundamentals at all times. and would not be friends with the players.

Remove all sharp objects.  Crazy has taken over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

You forgot.. I would be looking for another job after Spring training.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Yeah start Beckett tonite after he tweaked his knee two weeks ago at the same time he only have four days rest.  Good move!!!  Just keep wearing out the starting pitching rotation!!!  Oops.....who know the Yankees will over-take Boston cuz of this stupid idea!!!

Come on, it is only one game!!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

It's a long season, there's no reason to view this game as a must-win, start our ace regardless of consequence. Maybe he only threw however many pitches last time, but his knee had been bothering him, if Beckett is added to our list of DL'd starters, this team is in serious trouble, there's not a reason to push him with this team in first and a healthy lead in the wildcard.

Seasonal managing bud, seasonal managing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

wow   people are grumpy...must be the weather   i thought it was a legit question - especially in light of Josh lining up against many of the opposing aces this year and doing so well

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

They should be so lucky.
    Well, if I decided to take the job, the first thing I would do would be to fire Bogar and Magadan,
    Sure get rid of the hitting coach who has had nothing??? to do with the current hitting. Just remember he is the guy that makes sure the hitters know and have the info to know how the opposing pitchers pitches 

then I would tell Theo to get me the players I want, not the ones he wants.
    All stars at every position I guess

You actually do not believe they have signals????

I guess being in first place with the 2nd best offense, defense and making it work without 2 of their top 3 pitchers is being ineffective????

Thus they would need 10 SP on the roster since 5 would be on the DL at anytime.

Sure lets just blow up the whole RP staff and they all can do the same job. Meaning Wheeler and Bard are interchangeable right???

I can live with his input which I'm sure they do in the dug out every inning.

And when they don't work which will be a lot what is your excuse.

And, I would challenge umpires.

One in 100 calls gets over turned arguing always works  BTW a mgr only gets paid so much and the fines would probably be worse than the taxes.

I would insist on fundamentals at all times.

Yep lack of fundamentals on this club is why they are in first

and would not be friends with the players.

Yes lets go back to when no one on the RS talked to anyone on the RS.

So you would blow up every thing that has been done on this club to get them to first because you THINK you know better/\.
    What a joke

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Well, you get much credibility for backing your stance. I don't agree with many of these points, as Jim addressed, but I also think pig-piling on you for bringing up a legit question is Pike-type lynch mentality.
    Pike (your-echo) is psychotic, and at times sadistic. Everyone and everything must be labeled and categorized. He'll enjoy the responses he triggered. He loves the hangman's scene.

On Josh, he historically pitches better with an extra day's rest. These guys aren't machines, although that might be common perception given their incomes.
    When the opportunity arises, Tito likes to take advantage of it, whenever possible.
    Besides, why match him against a CY winner when there's an open option?

I do agree with you that relievers should not be limited to this idiotic role playing.
    Especially if pitch count is minimized. And I also think Tito shows too much blind loyalty, instead of taking a harder line. But not at the expense of alienating all the players.

Letting Bogar walk is a no-brainer. But Magadan has earned his tenure. I think Tito airs on the side of caution regarding aggressive baserunning. Considering his line-up, it's better than taking risks ala M. Scioscia. But I agree that it's too much to an extreme either way.

One final thing: as a poster, if you are nailed to be a pessimist, or for that matter, an optimist, there will be detractors either way. I admire you for speaking UR mind. I think the tone you convey would be better excepted if you reinforced the positives a bit more.

Just my take.