Why not move Beckett up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Why not move Beckett up?

Why hasn't Alibike returned to his thread and mentioned the fact that Lackey just beat Felix and allowed Beckett to pitch on appropriate rest.  It seems as though Tito might just have a handle on his team more than Alibike does.  that is always my point in threads like these.  The OP makes strong statements and will break their arms patting themselves on the back if proven correct.  But they will vanish if they are proven wrong as if the words were never written.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thirtysomething. Show thirtysomething's posts

If the Red Sox were trying to win 115 games in the regular season, they might do what Alibiike suggests.

How did that work for the Mariners in the playoffs?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

In Response to Re: Why not move Beckett up?:
    [QUOTE]Why hasn't Alibike returned to his thread and mentioned the fact that Lackey just beat Felix and allowed Beckett to pitch on appropriate rest.  It seems as though Tito might just have a handle on his team more than Alibike does.  that is always my point in threads like these.  The OP makes strong statements and will break their arms patting themselves on the back if proven correct.  But they will vanish if they are proven wrong as if the words were never written.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Ike will never admit to being wrong. He remains convinced that from his armchair with a sixpack within reach that he is much more prepared to manage the Red Sox than someone who has spent his life in baseball, has reams of relevant printouts / data, a knowledgeable staff to assist him, video files on every opposing batter and hitter, and mingles with the players daily and knows their ailments, quirks, temperament, strengths, and weaknesses.

Ike however because of his shallow intellect and hard-head is a good target on the forum and that is good. Harness demands a busy forum instead of an intelligent one and loves those who sacrifice themselves to be "targets". He praised Softlaw recently for being BDC unifying MVP by presenting himself as target #1. In Harness's world the best posters are the most controversial, despised posters since they make the forum go. He should really talk Law out of retirement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

The thing I miss about Law is watching all of you get your panties in a bunch over arguing with him....

I however avoided participating in 99.4% of Law's threads, I am superior to many of you here. Thank you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]The thing I miss about Law is watching all of you get your panties in a bunch over arguing with him.... I however avoided participating in 99.4% of Law's threads, I am superior to many of you here. Thank you.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]
    How modest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]Also just what would you have done if the RS finally sobered up and fired Tito and named you manager? They should be so lucky. Well, if I decided to take the job, the first thing I would do would be to fire Bogar and Magadan, then I would tell Theo to get me the players I want, not the ones he wants. Then, I would actually make up some signs for the hitters and base-runners, and make them abide by them.  I would put the best nine players on the field regardless of how they hit (L or R), and make out the most effective batting order regardless of how they hit, and be consistent with it. I would give every starting pitcher the opportunity to throw a complete game if he is still getting people out, even if he has to throw 120-130 pitches. I would pitch relievers more than one inning if he is getting people out. I would also make my catcher tell me when the pitcher has lost it....he knows more than anyone else. i would go first to third on base-hits and challenge opponents to play defense. I would consistently send runners with a contact hitter at the plate. And, I would challenge umpires. I would insist on fundamentals at all times. and would not be friends with the players.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

Not for nothing, but we lead the league in about 50 different offensive categories.  And your reaction to this would be to fire the hitting coach?

And it seems like you not only want to be manager but GM.  That never woeks.

As far as sending the runners with contact hitters up, and going 1st to 3rd, guys like Papi and Gonzo will get tagged out by the SS on the way to 3rd.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Why not move Beckett up?:
    [QUOTE]Josh should start tonight against Felix and why Francona didn't line it up that way is beyond me. He only threw 106 pitches on Sunday and has had 4 days rest. Ace against Ace, that's the way it's supposed to be done.

Two problems-

1-We're playing now to get our guys in the best shape for the playoffs.  Adding more IPs to your ace is contraindicated.

2-We have Lackey finally playing with some consistency, and now you want to skip him?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]The thing I miss about Law is watching all of you get your panties in a bunch over arguing with him.... I however avoided participating in 99.4% of Law's threads, I am superior to many of you here. Thank you.

Superior in what way?  Certainly not Sox or baseball knowledge.  that being the case, that kind of sucks on a baseball message board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Ike is on the forum but got schooled so completely on this thread that he won't return to it to defend himself.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

jim your one of the ones who went back and forth with Law weren't you? You looked silly arguing with him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]jim your one of the ones who went back and forth with Law weren't you? You looked silly arguing with him.

I looked silly in your opinion.  I really don't care as my enjoyment from the forum might be different from yours.  Until someone else makes my ends meet, I don't really care if I look silly to some, a bootlicker to others, or a Theo apologist.  I'm actually enjoying the seasons, even with its ups and downs.  I enjoyed 2008 even though the Sox didn't win.  Right now I'm answering you while watching my kids play Wii Sports Resort. That is a ton of fun. As long as I don't look silly to them, I'm good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Burrito approves of trolls and that is why he is a big fan of Softlaw and Law.  He says that he doesn't read them but he hates it when they get banned. He would be very sad if they left. Burrito comes here for entertainment basically. He cares not about logic, reason, and knowledge - they are secondary to him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Burrito approves of trolls and that is why he is a big fan of Softlaw and Law.  He says that he doesn't read them but he hates it when they get banned. He would be very sad if they left. Burrito comes here for entertainment basically. He cares not about logic, reason, and knowledge - they are secondary to him.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

But he is superior to us...just ask him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why not move Beckett up? : Actually, I have a mind of my own, and unlike you, don't consistently try to score points with the heavy hitters on this board, by praising their insight. You might try challenging them once in a while, or bring some independent thinking to this forum. You are very boring.....boring.....boring! Hear the Echo?

Alibiike,

About the only thing you ever bring to this board are negative posts. I don't think I've ever read anything positive written by you which makes me label you as a TROLL of the lowest order. Echo has it right about you. 

Hetchinspete. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]The game they faced Hernandez. the starting pitcher for the RS? Tim Wakefield. Yes, the great Tim Wastefield. The game that the Red Sox faced one of the worst offenses in the league? The Mariners. 5K, your patronizing sarcasm was dim witted and acerbic. Now, let me follow in your footstep. Surely, you don't think one more day is going to be the difference maker in making Beckett's knee condition? It's been reported as an issue for weeks, but that one extra day will be the tipping point in keeping him off the DL.  Wastefield's rested, why not bump Beckett back, to give him more time to rest his ailing knee? It's the Mariners, after all, that team that took 2 of 3 from an offense that only needs to look at Francouer and Pence to set it up as a locomotive for many years to come.  
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

ANOTHER TROLL HEARD FROM !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

So far we have determined who the pessimists are:

Not a bad thing at all.

We've discovered who the superior people are:

But who are the heavy hitters?:

?????

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Whichever category you fall into, you are in good company.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

First: 7/13/2009
    Last: 7/23/2011             

Well I weigh in at 227
    This board has heavy hitters?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Harness is the Will Rogers of the BDC forum. He never met a troll that he didn't like.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]LloydDobler Posts: 7464 First: 7/13/2009 Last: 7/23/2011              Well I weigh in at 227 This board has heavy hitters?
    Posted by promise4you[/QUOTE]
    Actually 673, it appears, but if frequent posting means "heavy hitter," then Babe has us all beat.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

OK Alibike.  Where are you?  The Sox won the first two games of the series.  You bashed Tito and now you look foolish.  You would have credibility if you joined the discussion and admitted that the organization knows more than you.  What's with the crickets?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Jim, that's part of the reason why he uses Alibi Ikeas his pic.
    Joe E. Brown was honest and loud. He connects with that.
    But I don't see it as Tito Bashing because he backed his stance.
    He offered a critique of Tito, and some of the points have merit.

Joe E. Brown was a good athlete and a unique character. He could be obnoxious, but in a funny way. He was constantly made to be the fool. That was the allure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why not move Beckett up? : Well, you get much credibility for backing your stance. I don't agree with many of these points, as Jim addressed, but I also think pig-piling on you for bringing up a legit question is Pike-type lynch mentality. Pike (your-echo) is psychotic, and at times sadistic. Everyone and everything must be labeled and categorized. He'll enjoy the responses he triggered. He loves the hangman's scene. On Josh, he historically pitches better with an extra day's rest. These guys aren't machines, although that might be common perception given their incomes. When the opportunity arises, Tito likes to take advantage of it, whenever possible. Besides, why match him against a CY winner when there's an open option? I do agree with you that relievers should not be limited to this idiotic role playing. Especially if pitch count is minimized. And I also think Tito shows too much blind loyalty, instead of taking a harder line. But not at the expense of alienating all the players. Letting Bogar walk is a no-brainer. But Magadan has earned his tenure. I think Tito airs on the side of caution regarding aggressive baserunning. Considering his line-up, it's better than taking risks ala M. Scioscia. But I agree that it's too much to an extreme either way. One final thing: as a poster, if you are nailed to be a pessimist, or for that matter, an optimist, there will be detractors either way. I admire you for speaking UR mind. I think the tone you convey would be better excepted if you reinforced the positives a bit more. Just my take.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

Thank you harness. I never intended this to ba a serious post. I know nothing about managing at the big-league level and I guess my style of leadership comes from being a Master Chief with 25 years in the Navy.
    I realize how difficult it is to motivate workers who make 10 times more money than the supervisor (something wrong with that picture, wouldn't you say?).
    Although I don't care much for Francona's mangerial style, often yelling at the TV, I cannot argue that he has not been successful.
    I guess my baseball views come from growing up a Dodger fan, where we always reserved the right to yell at our guys.

To be honest, if I were manager and I tried to implement some of my ideas, I wouldn't last long in today's climate. I guess I'm just an old-school baseball fan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why not move Beckett up? : Thank you harness. I never intended this to ba a serious post. I know nothing about managing at the big-league level and I guess my style of leadership comes from being a Master Chief with 25 years in the Navy. I realize how difficult it is to motivate workers who make 10 times more money than the supervisor (something wrong with that picture, wouldn't you say?). Although I don't care much for Francona's mangerial style, often yelling at the TV, I cannot argue that he has not been successful. I guess my baseball views come from growing up a Dodger fan, where we always reserved the right to yell at our guys. To be honest, if I were manager and I tried to implement some of my ideas, I wouldn't last long in today's climate. I guess I'm just an old-school baseball fan.

You sure fooled everybody who posted above and wasted their time. Why start a thread that pretends to be serious when you are not? If you feel as if you are just yelling at Tito because that is your born right then why don't you just add a footnote that you are full of crap and know nothing about big league managing. It would allow everyone above the opportunity to ignore your thread since it was meant to be a joke and not serious. Do you enjoy wasting the time of others?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

harness does not know the first thing about being a leader... harness is a wannabee leader and is jealous that 17000 posts has not gotten him the respect that moonslav59 or fivekatz earned by staying above the fray.

Any given week harness has 2 to 4 running battles with other posters not named BurritoT.