Why Sox Games Take Forever

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Why Sox Games Take Forever

You know in all that Fenway Distortion thread stuff, someone pointed out about Sox foul territory at Fenway. And that is a predominant factor (oh, oh) why at bats last longer there it seems. Guys are fouling pitches off left and right, but some of those foul balls would be outs in a lot of ballparks. You factor in the pitch taking by Sox hitters (and Yankee hitters), the better hitting for averages (thank you harness), the more pitching changes due to the better hitting/more offense, and next thing you know you have a 3 hour, 30 minute, 9-inning game. Z-Z-Z-Z-Z....tsk ok.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Why Sox Games Take Forever

In Response to Why Sox Games Take Forever:
    [QUOTE]You know in all that Fenway Distortion thread stuff, someone pointed out about Sox foul territory at Fenway. And that is a predominant factor (oh, oh) why at bats last longer there it seems. Guys are fouling pitches off left and right, but some of those foul balls would be outs in a lot of ballparks. You factor in the pitch taking by Sox hitters (and Yankee hitters), the better hitting for averages (thank you harness), the more pitching changes due to the better hitting/more offense, and next thing you know you have a 3 hour, 30 minute, 9-inning game. Z-Z-Z-Z-Z....tsk ok.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

You are right on all accounts Danny.  the beauty of these interminable games is, the more time they take, the less time i have to live without baseball  Kiss

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]You know in all that Fenway Distortion thread stuff, someone pointed out about Sox foul territory at Fenway. And that is a predominant factor (oh, oh) why at bats last longer there it seems. Guys are fouling pitches off left and right, but some of those foul balls would be outs in a lot of ballparks. You factor in the pitch taking by Sox hitters (and Yankee hitters), the better hitting for averages (thank you harness), the more pitching changes due to the better hitting/more offense, and next thing you know you have a 3 hour, 30 minute, 9-inning game. Z-Z-Z-Z-Z....tsk ok.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]i'm about to take my nap now....for Sunday night's game...Tongue out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Interesting take, Danny  - on the foul territory.  It does make sense.

But I don't understand the way a long game bothers some folks.  It seems to me you're getting more for your money ... than if one compares it to an old pitcher's duel that lasts under 2 hours like when I was a kid.  Whether at the park or on tv, I always enjoy the longer game - unless we are getting stomped.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

DVR............best invention ever!!!

I don't start watching the games until at least an hr after they start.  That way you can just fast forward thru all the BS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

dcater I agree. I was upset a year or so ago when the brass took away even more foul territory for a handful of seats.

When we talk about a new stadium I usually include my desire for more foul territory.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Maybe Joe west shouldve thought about this before he made those dumbazz comments..good post Danny..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Pretty obvious.  Hence,  the higher pitcher's era's & of course,  higher batting avg's.  As is the opposite at a park like Oakland...  tons of foul territory.

I honestly wish all parks had the same dimensions for playing surface...  like football, basketball, hockey.  Love Fenway and the wall,  but is it fair statistically to have our batters get to slap doubles off it for 81 games per season and opposing teams only 19 or less?   Or for our nemesis the Yankees to load up on righties to hit pop-ups HR's to RF?

Just my take...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Re: Why Sox Games Take Forever:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Why Sox Games Take Forever : You are right on all accounts Danny.  the beauty of these interminable games is, the more time they take, the less time i have to live without baseball  
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true baseball fan! I always thought that part of the charm of the game was that it's played with a clock ticking...

My advice to those that are in a hurry to get home after a game is too relax, buy a score card, enjoy the timelessness of baseball, have a couple of beverages of choice and leave your watch in the car...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m