Why the delay?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Why the delay?

The RS knew they were going to lose Dice-K, and now that he's on the shelf, why haven't the Sox pursued another starter. I'm all for Wake being inserted into the rotation as a regular but I have reservations with Aceves. I know that Lackey is due back, but both he and Beckett are injury prone. Only Lester and Buchholz are consistently healthy.
    Time to give Pedro a Call!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Why the delay?

You mean they should let all of the other teams in the league know they are desperate for a 5th starter? That sounds like a good tactic for negotiating a trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Why the delay?:
    [QUOTE]You mean they should let all of the other teams in the league know they are desperate for a 5th starter? That sounds like a good tactic for negotiating a trade.

Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Do you think that the other teams haven't realized this already?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

Let's have some real fun............

Time to give Pettite a call!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

There's not much to choose from on the FA list except for maybe Bonderman who is just 28. Looking at his stats though, he is at best a .500 pitcher.
    He had a couple of good years with Detroit and earned 12.5M in 2010 which is hard to believe. If we could be picked up for say 2M, would it be worth it?
    Don't know his health situation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1for89. Show 1for89's posts

[QUOTE]Let's have some real fun............ Time to give Pettite a call!
    Posted by drpjn[/QUOTE]

Naw...    Call Clemens!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

i think Wake will be the 5th starter with Doubront in waiting and possibly Miller later on..Im sure they dont want to let more good prospects go unless its a significant upgrade.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from --the--yazzer. Show --the--yazzer's posts

anticipating SLACKEY'S return is like looking forward to another bout with an STD.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTJake14. Show CTJake14's posts

[QUOTE]anticipating SLACKEY'S return is like looking forward to another bout with an STD.
    Posted by --the--yazzer[/QUOTE]

i like how you said "another bout w/ an STD."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Posted by drpjn[/QUOTE]

LOL drpjn

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by drpjn[/QUOTE]LOL...imagine..they would have to close down the NY Post....Tongue out 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from drpjn. Show drpjn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why the delay? : LOL drpjn
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Why not?  What do we have to lose?

Not likely to happen but what the hell!

Oh, I get it.  I just closely read your call name.

Geez.................

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Why the delay?:
    [QUOTE]The RS knew they were going to lose Dice-K, and now that he's on the shelf, why haven't the Sox pursued another starter. I'm all for Wake being inserted into the rotation as a regular but I have reservations with Aceves. I know that Lackey is due back, but both he and Beckett are injury prone. Only Lester and Buchholz are consistently healthy. Time to give Pedro a Call!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]  ALIBOY,  I THINK NOT.... THE DIVA IS DONE !!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

Pretty clear you are completely disregarding the ERA's of Wastefield and Aceves, as starters. We both know why you like Wastefield, over Aceves, and has nothing to do with baseball performance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It would be nice to see Miller after a couple more starts..If he doesnt walk everyone

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

SoxSoldRed,

I'ts obvious you don't like Tim Wakefield, but show some respect fot him as professional and print his name out correctly instead of insulting him by calling him Wastefield. Granted, last year wasn't his best, and I was in favor of letting him go a few years ago, but he's given the Sox some good outings this year when needed. I don't think you'd enjoy someone insulting your name like you do Tim Wakefields.

Hetchinspete

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

[QUOTE]SoxSoldRed, I'ts obvious you don't like Tim Wakefield, but show some respect fot him as professional and print his name out correctly instead of insulting him by calling him Wastefield. Granted, last year wasn't his best, and I was in favor of letting him go a few years ago, but he's given the Sox some good outings this year when needed. I don't think you'd enjoy someone insulting your name like you do Tim Wakefields. Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

It's just Softlaw being Softlaw. Wakefield is the new Jake and Jed. It's an attention-grabbing act.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I would guess some (some) posters give Wake some silly names because the way some other posters treat him as if it were 1995.

For me I thought in 2010 Tim deserved the 5 spot... in 2011 I thought he should have been released..... he simply is NO reliever.

Unfortunately our FO has treated the SP as poor as they have the SS position. 

I think we all respect Tim but if the FO wants to be idiotic then it makes it easy for some to take it out on Tim.  No offense Tim... but its over. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ct-pitcher. Show ct-pitcher's posts

In Response to Why the delay?:
    [QUOTE]The RS knew they were going to lose Dice-K, and now that he's on the shelf, why haven't the Sox pursued another starter. I'm all for Wake being inserted into the rotation as a regular but I have reservations with Aceves. I know that Lackey is due back, but both he and Beckett are injury prone. Only Lester and Buchholz are consistently healthy. Time to give Pedro a Call!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

What, send Theo to Wal-Mart, aisle 9 - poof new starter?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxSoldRed. Show SoxSoldRed's posts

A professional would have retired by now. A 5 plus ERA and nearlty 2 months of squatting for another starter to hit the DL is a waste of a roster spot. Can't wait to see Wastefield start against the Yankees. Why on earth would they try and hide him in the first place.

I supported Wakefield until 2010. He needs to go, and this record thing is a complete bugaboo. If fans treated him like DiceK or Oki or Pedro, et al, management would have dumped him by now. The fans are the enablers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts